Trans guy lookin for AI advice

Scrappy82

Awards
I am on .5ml of test cyp/week which puts me around 1100 total test. Been on cyp for ten years and will continue through cycle (and post and...forever).

Planning an Andro 1 & 4 cycle 330mg each for 8 weeks for my first real cycle(once I get everything nailed down.) Plan to take Ar1macare Pro for the duration of the cycle as well as multis, fish oil, joint support, all the food and all the water. And lifting all the weights, of course.

Not concerned with shutdown obvs, but I am thinking about the need for an AI on cycle and/or post cycle. I do have a little extra test lying around that I could use post, if that makes sense at all.

Interested in any theoretical advice here about what/how to use an AI in this case and how to know if I need it based on symptoms. (Docs don’t test estrogen as the numbers just don’t make sense for guys like me, so I’ve been told). I know this is a special case so just looking for other opinions/ideas to help me think through what makes sense here. Especially interested in any other FTMs with such experience, but any intelligent input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your constructive replies. (Save the hateration, please)

Scrappy82

Awards
To clarify, by “trans” I mean I was born female but have physically transitioned to male.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a thought since you're essentially on HRT and don't want estrogen related sides, have you considered a run of Andros that don't convert to estrogen? For example, maybe keep the 1-andro but since most people take the 4 Andro as a test base to avoid "feeling" shutdown, have you considered perhaps epiandro as a dht base so you still feel alpha/energetic but it doesn't convert to estrogen. The one thing I would worry about though is what mixing test c and Andros would do to your cholesterol and blood pressure. But I'm no expert, and haven't even run one cycle yet, so my answer is just based on the research I've done, I hope it helps though. :)

Scrappy82

Awards
Just a thought since you're essentially on HRT and don't want estrogen related sides, have you considered a run of Andros that don't convert to estrogen? For example, maybe keep the 1-andro but since most people take the 4 Andro as a test base to avoid "feeling" shutdown, have you considered perhaps epiandro as a dht base so you still feel alpha/energetic but it doesn't convert to estrogen. The one thing I would worry about though is what mixing test c and Andros would do to your cholesterol and blood pressure. But I'm no expert, and haven't even run one cycle yet, so my answer is just based on the research I've done, I hope it helps though. :)
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I did consider epi, but hair loss is a big issue for me so I thought I’d avoid that. My baseline blood work/pressure on .5 test cyp is *superb* but something to think about I guess. Much appreciated!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I did consider epi, but hair loss is a big issue for me so I thought I’d avoid that. My baseline blood work/pressure on .5 test cyp is *superb* but something to think about I guess. Much appreciated!
You may or may not know, but there are a couple of shampoos that block DHT conversion in the scalp, and therefore might prevent hair shredding. I want to run epi, but will no doubt have to start one of those shampoos several weeks prior and continue several weeks post my run. Food for thought.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I would be interested in following along if you ever started a log.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure! I'm thinking about a 1/epi run myself but then again, I've been bald as a cue ball since 22.

Scrappy82

Awards
I plan on remaining in denial about my hair loss; for as long as possible;)

Scrappy82

Awards
You may or may not know, but there are a couple of shampoos that block DHT conversion in the scalp, and therefore might prevent hair shredding. I want to run epi, but will no doubt have to start one of those shampoos several weeks prior and continue several weeks post my run. Food for thought.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your journey with us. I would be interested in following along if you ever started a log.
Have you had any luck with a shampoo? If so, which?

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you had any luck with a shampoo? If so, which?
Negative. The one I’m thinking of is called Pura d’or Hair loss Prevention Therapy. See, I didn’t need this stuff when I was in my 20s and taking roids. Now, I’m getting old and seeing the hairline recede. Getting old suck lol!

Scrappy82

Awards
Just realized I posted this in the wrong spot. Reposted in the anabolics section. My bad.