Creatine and DHT/ Hair Loss

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
Greetings,

Long story short, been a while since I've taken creatine, lost a decent amount of weight cutting over the summer, added creapure back into the rotation about a month and a half ago. Been probably about a few years since I have been doing a steady 5-10 grams a day of monohydrate. So basically in the last two weeks, my hair has been shedding drastically. I am prone to mpb, always have been, but have never had it to this degree. Something has changed, and creatine is the only thing that has changed. I was unaware of the dht affecting properties of creatine, after doing some research this is definately a possiblity.

Has anyone here had an increase in dht stemming from creatine? Thoughts? Should I jump off it immediately? Thinking about getting a big bag of TMG as a creatine alternative.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't need 10g per day for starters. 3-5 is all you need.

Ever since that rugby study came out everyone thinks creatine is making them bald. The problem is no one else has every conducted another study with creatine and DHT. So nobody is going to be able to give you a scientific answer, just broscience.

So if you think it's causing shedding, don't take it.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't need 10g per day for starters. 3-5 is all you need.

Ever since that rugby study came out everyone thinks creatine is making them bald. The problem is no one else has every conducted another study with creatine and DHT. So nobody is going to be able to give you a scientific answer, just broscience.

So if you think it's causing shedding, don't take it.
^ pretty much.

I’m fairly skeptical about the results of the study. That said, if you think that’s what it is, discontinue. There are great benefits to supplementing with creatine, however it’s not the end of the world to not use it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
like the other 2 said, if you think or feel like it could be the creatine, then stop using it and see what happens

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id try nizoral 2 % or ketoconazole 2 %

My hair thinned when I started creatine at 21 , at ;east my temples seemed to a bit. Since then Ive used ketoconazole 2 % and really hasnt changed