Which type to use? - AnabolicMinds.com

Which type to use?

Which type to use?

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me out here.

I'm 17 (18 in 19 days) and i've been weight training 3-5 times a week since June 2004. I've been steadily progressing up the weights and overall I have become more muscular. I'm pretty happy with my progression, but I was speaking with this huge guy in the gym today and he said it was best to take protein supplements before your workout along with simple carbs, after your workout and before you go to sleep as they have a big effect on the size of your muscles and judging by the size of his he was doing somethink right! I would say my diet is fairly good, but I don't really get that much protein unless I go out of my way to make a high protein meal. He was talking about somekind of pre-digested insuline? Whatever it was he seemed to think it was really good but the length and complexity of the name made me forget it right after he said it

So bascially can anyone recommend a good protein supplement that has the good stuff in it that I need to bulk up? I'm looking for one purchase too last me around 4 weeks and cost around £50.

Thanks

Chris

Honestly Protein is the key to muscle growth. It's like gas to a car bro. Without one the other isn't going very far. I would hit up our sponsor Allthewhey they have some of the best protein around and you can't beat the prices. Also try and consume about 1.5g/lb of bodyweight.

Make sure too consume a shake about 45-1hr prior and immediately after weightraining. Honestly I'm not going to get into the why's that you can read for yourself. I suggest skimming through the diet and nutrition section of the board and read up to get the most out of your hard work in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 MG42Maniac
    Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me out here.

I'm 17 (18 in 19 days) and i've been weight training 3-5 times a week since June 2004. I've been steadily progressing up the weights and overall I have become more muscular. I'm pretty happy with my progression, but I was speaking with this huge guy in the gym today and he said it was best to take protein supplements before your workout along with simple carbs, after your workout and before you go to sleep as they have a big effect on the size of your muscles and judging by the size of his he was doing somethink right! I would say my diet is fairly good, but I don't really get that much protein unless I go out of my way to make a high protein meal. He was talking about somekind of pre-digested insuline? Whatever it was he seemed to think it was really good but the length and complexity of the name made me forget it right after he said it

So bascially can anyone recommend a good protein supplement that has the good stuff in it that I need to bulk up? I'm looking for one purchase too last me around 4 weeks and cost around £50.

Thanks

Chris

Would it be best to use some kind of weight gainer poweder mixed with milk or protein powder mixed with milk?

I don't really know much about supplements as for the last year I have been relying on just a normal diet with a high protein meal a couple of times a week.
    •   

for lean mass I would stick with just protein powder and milk...maybe blend in some fuits for some sugar...but weight gainers are not the best way to put weight on IMO.

If you want to pack on the mass the real key (besides protein which is 100% NECESSARY) is carbs...lots of carbs...good carbs from whole foods

try steel cut whole grain oatmeal and use all Unbleached and Unenriched Wheat flour breads...stock up on lentils or any beans really for that matter(black, pinto whatever you like)

but with 1.5g protein per pound of body weight and a lot of carbs you should make very nice lean mass gains and maintain them.

regards,
    COTC

Leave weight gainers alone, there nothing more then a scapegoat for most who don't want to take the time to eat whole foods.

Ok thanks for the information. I am going to get "ALL THE WHEY Whey Protein Blend 10lb".

On the website it says 160 servings. So 160 servings to be taken 3 times aday is 53 days worth of protein for £45. I assume you mix it with Milk but it doesn't say. Be better if you could mix it with water as my mums gonna go mad at the amount of milk I use

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 MG42Maniac
    Ok thanks for the information. I am going to get "ALL THE WHEY Whey Protein Blend 10lb".

On the website it says 160 servings. So 160 servings to be taken 3 times aday is 53 days worth of protein for £45. I assume you mix it with Milk but it doesn't say. Be better if you could mix it with water as my mums gonna go mad at the amount of milk I use
    You can mix it with water. Taste and Calories are the only thing that improve with Milk.

Happy bulking.

Similar Forum Threads

1. whats a better type to use?
    By The Flash in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 12:28 PM
  2. Dietary fats: Know which types to choose
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Which TEST to use? Please Help!!!
    By anabolicgiraffe in forum Anabolics