GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
3EAAF129-3BA7-425F-BC4A-D15B5883E0D9.jpeg

Does anyone have an idea of which of these ingredients might give me chest flutters? I’ve nailed it down 100% to this, and Enzymadica’s Digest doesn’t. The problem is ‘Digest’ isn’t providing adequate digestion effects so I’m looking for something to add in.

I’ve been using Super Enzymes for about 6 months, and when I figured out what was going on (i.e. chest flutters) and stopped, I’ve had rebound silent GERD, specifically a lump in my throat feeling after eating or drinking (even water) too much and horrible belching. I’m going to pick up some ginger tea to aid in digestion and was considering adding ox bile or gentian root but unsure of the rest.

Anyone have any thoughts?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont use digestive ezymes much anymore, unless there are some extra ones thrown in a probiotic, like I take sportbiotic by AI Sports, and gut health . That said, ve used Nows super enzymes before back in 2009 and never had these issues . Currently Im using MST mycogreens and this seems to sooth my stomach and feel really good. Im thinking those pills are getting caught in your windpipe.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The pills are definitely not getting stuck, and the feeling starts about an hour after eating, and the lump in throat feeling started after ceasing all supplements. But after restarting, it hasn’t stopped.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
are you taking any other medications regularly?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The pills are definitely not getting stuck, and the feeling starts about an hour after eating, and the lump in throat feeling started after ceasing all supplements. But after restarting, it hasn’t stopped.
sounds like acid reflux

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe simplify. Use a Betaine HCL with pepsin and nothing else. BTW, you have to take pepsin and not just betaine HCL for proper stomach acid levels.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sounds like acid reflux
Yeah, the other thing is burping relieves it. I kind of wonder if I have a weak lower esophageal sphincter...

Maybe simplify. Use a Betaine HCL with pepsin and nothing else. BTW, you have to take pepsin and not just betaine HCL for proper stomach acid levels.
I ordered some ox bile and Lypo Gold to test our first as I’m thinking it’s actually the betaine causing those chest flutters through the methylation pathway somehow. I know Betaine HCL is different than Betaine (TMG) but it was mentioned on another forum. I also bought ginger tea in an effort to increase gastric emptying, stimulate bile, and stabilize mast cells but I don’t start that until tomorrow as I’ve also read it can be stimulating and cannot risk making my insomnia worse.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, I might be picking up that betaine hcl with pepsin. Apparently it’s the ox bile causing the flutters. Struck me pretty hard 2 hours after 1 dose.

Any other GERD reccomendations?
I’ve read that PPI’s can increase the chance of pneumonia and that wouldn’t be wise to start while still recovering from the flu.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I might be picking up that betaine hcl with pepsin. Apparently it’s the ox bile causing the flutters. Struck me pretty hard 2 hours after 1 dose.

Any other GERD reccomendations?
I’ve read that PPI’s can increase the chance of pneumonia and that wouldn’t be wise to start while still recovering from the flu.
Confused. You are taking PPI’s (proton pump Inhibitor) AND Betaine HCL/pepsin? I thought a PPI inhibits stomach acid? Why then add it with Betaine HCL?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Confused. You are taking PPI’s (proton pump Inhibitor) AND Betaine HCL/pepsin? I thought a PPI inhibits stomach acid? Why then add it with Betaine HCL?
No, I’m not taking PPI’s and don’t want to. I said that about them in case someone came in the thread and recommended them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 10
Anabolics 26