NSI-189 Supplement

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone here tried the nootropic NSI-189?

There seems to be a lot of buzz around it so I’m tempted to try it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s not a supplement it’s a research chemical.

Nonetheless, it is an interesting compound. I have not dabbled into NSI-189. Let us know if you decide to test it.

Kiri

Awards
It promotes hippocampus hypertrophy. Who don't want a bigger hippocampus ?

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
It comes in either NSI-189 phosphate or NSI-189 free base form. NSI-189 phosphate dosage is 40mgs and the freebase is 20mgs. I bought some NSI-189 in freebase form.Today is day 15 at 20mgs sublingualy and I have noticed nothing from it. I have used many different nootropics.

NSI-189 was developed by Neuralstem and in s study they put 44 patients on 40 mg NSI-189 daily, another 44 patients on 80 mg daily, and 132 patients on placebo for six weeks. In Stage 2, they took the people from the placebo group who hadn’t gotten better in Stage 1 and put half of them on NSI-189, leaving the other half on placebo – I think this was a clever trick to get a group of people pre-selected for not responding to placebo and so avoid the problem where everyone does well on placebo and so it’s a washout. But all of this was for nothing. On the primary endpoint – a depression rating instrument called MADRS – the NSI-189 group failed to significantly outperform placebo during either stage.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses.

It’s true it’s probably not a a supplement but I’ve no idea how that’s defined and let’s face it, nobody probably cares as stuff like ephedrine, dmaa, sarms, 4-andro, noopept, 1-andro, 6-oxo etc would all probably be classed the same way.

All that said, leaving the study aside, there’s a lot of positive feedback on reddit and longevity with people using those as a nootropic to enhance mood, and overall cognitive function.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
If you try it make sure to let us know how it goes please!

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses.

It’s true it’s probably not a a supplement but I’ve no idea how that’s defined and let’s face it, nobody probably cares as stuff like ephedrine, dmaa, sarms, 4-andro, noopept, 1-andro, 6-oxo etc would all probably be classed the same way.

All that said, leaving the study aside, there’s a lot of positive feedback on reddit and longevity with people using those as a nootropic to enhance mood, and overall cognitive function.
There is a ton of great feedback for it and that is why I tried it.I buy all my noots from 1 company and never had an issue with his products. He has the best bromentane there is. I emailed him over the weekend and explained my experience with his NSI189 and he is sending me some from his new batch. I will post updates.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is a ton of great feedback for it and that is why I tried it.I buy all my noots from 1 company and never had an issue with his products. He has the best bromentane there is. I emailed him over the weekend and explained my experience with his NSI189 and he is sending me some from his new batch. I will post updates.
There is a ton of positive feedback on it but also many just like yours. Hopefully that company you and I both know will carry it soon so we can get some more feedback on this forum about it.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Where’d you guys get this from and how’s it compare to other nootropics like noopept, huperzine etc?

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Update

Today is day 7 with the new batch of NSI-189. I am noticing that is improving my mood and I am feeling alot more motivated from it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update

Today is day 7 with the new batch of NSI-189. I am noticing that is improving my mood and I am feeling alot more motivated from it.
Keep the updates coming!

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Keep the updates coming!
I am going through family issues and I was experiencing a lack of motivation, stressed out and just felt like crap. Basically all signs of depression.The NSI is really helping me deal with everything. It has a positive effect on mood for me and also helps with dealing with stress.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am going through family issues and I was experiencing a lack of motivation, stressed out and just felt like crap. Basically all signs of depression.The NSI is really helping me deal with everything. It has a positive effect on mood for me and also helps with dealing with stress.
Thanks for the updated info! I feel I may be in a similar situation as you. How long do you plan on running it for?

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the updated info! I feel I may be in a similar situation as you. How long do you plan on running it for?

ELROCK this 1 gram will last me 50 days. Stress is effecting my depression,motivation, and I have a very short temper. NSI is having a positive effect on all these factors for me. He also sent me some NA Selank too.

Have you used NOOTROL? It looks very interesting for it's anxiolytic properties.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ELROCK this 1 gram will last me 50 days. Stress is effecting my depression,motivation, and I have a very short temper. NSI is having a positive effect on all these factors for me. He also sent me some NA Selank too.

Have you used NOOTROL? It looks very interesting for it's anxiolytic properties.
I like Selank but haven’t tried NA-Selank yet. It good anxiolytic properties without leaving me sedated.

I am currently running a bottle of Nootrol and also used a couple bottles when it first came out. It provides a nice cognitive boost. It also seems to improve memory slightly. It’s anxiolytic effects are there but it’s subtle. Selank is better in that area.

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
I like Selank but haven’t tried NA-Selank yet. It good anxiolytic properties without leaving me sedated.

I am currently running a bottle of Nootrol and also used a couple bottles when it first came out. It provides a nice cognitive boost. It also seems to improve memory slightly. It’s anxiolytic effects are there but it’s subtle. Selank is better in that area.
I have the N-ACETYL SELANK AMIDATE 98.67%. Did you use the inj. SELANK or nasal spray?

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Nasal spray Selank.
Started the NA Semax-1 spray yesterday with NSI189. I dont care what anybody says NSI189 with NA Selank is the best combo there is for depression. like symptoms.

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
3/24/2018 Final Review for NSI-189 and N-Acetyl Selank Amidate

NSI-189 20mgs a day
NA Selank Amidate started at 300mcgs and after 3 days I did 600mcgs

This combo was one of the best anxiolytic stacks I have used. The #1 thing was it helped me control my anger/temper. I am going through alot of stuff right now and anger/temper was pretty bad. I had a very short fuse and found myself snapping on people. I regretted what I said and how I acted. Other effects I noticed were increased relaxation, reduced anxiety and stress, improved mood, and better sleep.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/24/2018 Final Review for NSI-189 and N-Acetyl Selank Amidate

NSI-189 20mgs a day
NA Selank Amidate started at 300mcgs and after 3 days I did 600mcgs

This combo was one of the best anxiolytic stacks I have used. The #1 thing was it helped me control my anger/temper. I am going through alot of stuff right now and anger/temper was pretty bad. I had a very short fuse and found myself snapping on people. I regretted what I said and how I acted. Other effects I noticed were increased relaxation, reduced anxiety and stress, improved mood, and better sleep.
Awesome. Anything else to note? Increase or decrease in cognition or no impact? Side effects?

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Anything else to note? Increase or decrease in cognition or no impact? Side effects?
The increase in motivation effected my cognition. Motivated reasoning is an emotion-biased decision-making phenomenon studied in cognitive science and social psychology. From my research, the most common side effects noticed were neuropathy and fatigue. I experienced no side effects.