Supplements for gaining muscle while cutting

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    Get organic quinoa, only $8 for 4.5 pounds and loaded with amino acids and ecdysteroids. Best natural food for the dollar out there. Microwave for 3 minutes and head to the gym and get YUUUGE.

Protein in Quinoa
    By weight, quinoa is about 14 percent protein, a high level for a plant-based food. The yellow and red varieties of quinoa may have a slightly higher protein content than white quinoa–16 percent compared to 14 percent–according to a review by NASA. The U.S. recommended daily allowance, or RDA, of protein is 0.8 grams per kilogram of body mass, or about 0.4 grams per pound. A serving of quinoa can go a long way toward ensuring you get a healthy amount of protein daily.

Amino Acids in Quinoa
    A serving of quinoa contains the following amino acids: isoleucine, leucine, lysine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, cysteine, methionine, threonine, histidine, tryptophan and valine. The precise amounts of these amino acids will vary slightly based on cultivation conditions, however, a serving of quinoa will always contain significant amounts of each. In addition to protein, quinoa contains starchy carbohydrates, dietary fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Quinoa is also gluten-free.
    Hmm, I think I might start adding this into my diet.

2. Quinoa is awesome, I eat 30g of carbs worth daily at least. Oats, sweet potatoes and rice. Get your carbs from these sources and watch how good your workouts start to feel
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE
    •   

3. Quinoa is awesome, I eat 30g of carbs worth daily at least. Oats, sweet potatoes and rice. Get your carbs from these sources and watch how good your workouts start to feel
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE

4. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    ^^^ This is what I would recommend. Don't just jump on to the supplement wagon. You will be disappointed. There is a lot of room for you to gain muscle by just eating right, training hard and sleep well. My first year into fitness was nothing but, food, Whey (whenever I saw a deficit in my protein intake for the day), creatine, fish oil and good training.
    Great advice. Get that Diet in check, keep up the work and wait till you are at that point were you will see a little something from supplementation.
    It's hard to say on the length of time. probably when your strength has plateaued for 3-4 months: assuming a continued good diet, good sleep and proper off time from the gym. Nothing better than a good diet!
    Then try one supplement at a time to see what works for you before you start stacking. This is a marathon not a sprint.
    If you want the quick fix you will have to go illegal. but you still have to do everything else right.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. fav. supplement for promoting muscle gain
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 08:56 PM
  2. Supp for holding muscle while cutting????
    By Rugger in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 01:37 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 12:44 AM
  4. igf for maintaining muscles while cutting?
    By th0m in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
  5. Best Supps for saving muscle while cutting
    By cgb6810 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:35 AM