ethyl ester dangerous?

  1. Cool ethyl ester dangerous?


    The guy that I buy my supps from[an internet store in town]Told me that the ethyl ester in cee is just as bad as drinking grain alchohol[hard on liver]And thinks it will be pulled soon.I was thinking its such a small amount that it realy wouldnt hurt but if you factor in a couple of beers, maybe acouple of advil and some of these new supps that are around it makes me a little worried.Any ideas welcome.


  2. where did he get the info from?

  3. I've been using it for 6 months and I dunt tinkit has brained my damage at owl.

    I haven't seen any negative scientific data, however it seems to be off the radar of most serious researchers right now due to it's newness.
    •   
       


  4. I remember hearing that it could be bad for tooth enamel, but it might have been at bb.com, so take it for what its worth.

  5. he's probably thinking methyl is like ethyl when they are completely different

  6. hey whats up with the teeth enamel, one of my teeth has been sensitive when I eat. And I have been taking cee for the last month or so. Any comments?
  7. Cool I think my liver hurts


    do a google search for ethyl ester its some scary sh#!t.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mase1
    hey whats up with the teeth enamel, one of my teeth has been sensitive when I eat. And I have been taking cee for the last month or so. Any comments?
    Oh, no, I think you are dying

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mase1
    hey whats up with the teeth enamel, one of my teeth has been sensitive when I eat. And I have been taking cee for the last month or so. Any comments?
    Well it is very acidic, I believe I read somewhere that it was like a 2 on the pH scale and I believe that is why it is bad for your teeth.
    PharmD

  10. 2? No wonder everyone's complaining about the taste. You could digest a nail with something like that (maybe not really, but damn).
  11. Cool NG


    just think what that will do to your insides

  12. so if you put it in your shake w/milk you should be ok.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    do a google search for ethyl ester its some scary sh#!t.
    Do you have any links? Thanks.

  14. If you're worried about your teeth you could just cap the stuff or take prepacked pills. A pH of 2 is no big deal to your stomach.

  15. but then again people are still saying that regular creatine mono is pretty dangerous...

  16. Creatine mono is a deadly poison. So is L-tryptophan. Didn't you know!
  17. Cool


    yea the link is go to google search engine and look for ethyl ester [alone not with creatine]

  18. Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    so if you put it in your shake w/milk you should be ok.
    Milk is acidic also. So ....I think coke has a pH around 2.

    There is no research on this stuff. There is lots of research on monohydrate. It works well and safely.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    yea the link is go to google search engine and look for ethyl ester [alone not with creatine]
    what is the point of looking up ethyl ester?

  20. The amount it separates to ethyl alcohol is so minimal that u should not be worried at all for this.

    Even the methyl ester version that some company came up was considered quite safe due to the infinitesimal amount of alcohol produced.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    just think what that will do to your insides
    I hope you were joking. The pH of your stomach is ~3.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft
    I hope you were joking. The pH of your stomach is ~3.
    2
  23. Cool ethyl ester


    To produce absolute ethanol, a small amount of benzene is added, and the mixture is again fractionally distilled. Benzene forms a trinary azeotrope with water and ethanol to remove the last of the water, and a binary azeotrope with ethanol removes most of the benzene. The resulting ethanol is water free, for processes that require it. However, several ppm of benzene remains, so consumption by humans leads to distinctive liver damage. eventhough its a small amount the point was that over time along with other things[beer,advil,other sups]Your headed for liver damage

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mc
    Milk is acidic also. So ....I think coke has a pH around 2.

    There is no research on this stuff. There is lots of research on monohydrate. It works well and safely.
    The pH of milk at 25° C normally varies within a relatively narrow range of 6.5 to 6.7, technically acidic but hardly so.
  25. Red face


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    I've been using it for 6 months and I dunt tinkit has brained my damage at owl.
    thats was pretty funny

  26. just found this PDF on safety of CEE - Not an issue if taken in normal recommended doses.



    Quote Originally Posted by TheOMEGA
    thats was pretty funny
    Attached Images Attached Images
  27. Cool ?


    I cant get the link to work[anyway anyone who sells the stuff isnt going to tell the truth]
  28. Smile


    Hope this works for you.
    http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/doc...-06-vol181.pdf

    Quote Originally Posted by skull
    I cant get the link to work[anyway anyone who sells the stuff isnt going to tell the truth]

  29. Ouch, my liver, my liver..


    Intuitively, the amount of benzene or other aromatic benzyl groups in CEE has to be incredibly low...probably about as much as we normally get in our contaminated food supplies. If there are any third party COA's showing elevated levels of benzene in CEE we'd probably be hearing about it as would the FDA and a lot of trial lawyers...

  30. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    To produce absolute ethanol, a small amount of benzene is added, and the mixture is again fractionally distilled. Benzene forms a trinary azeotrope with water and ethanol to remove the last of the water, and a binary azeotrope with ethanol removes most of the benzene. The resulting ethanol is water free, for processes that require it. However, several ppm of benzene remains, so consumption by humans leads to distinctive liver damage. eventhough its a small amount the point was that over time along with other things[beer,advil,other sups]Your headed for liver damage
    I'm no chemist, but what does this have to do with CEE? You can get 190 proof (95%) ethanol without adding benzene.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by foo.c
    I'm no chemist, but what does this have to do with CEE? You can get 190 proof (9 5%) ethanol without adding benzene.
    I think they use benzene to get the water out of it

  32. Quote Originally Posted by skull
    I think they use benzene to get the water out of it
    To make CEE you use 200 proof anhydrous ethanol, creatine and purge with HCl gas
    (this is the easiet way). The CEE precipiates as HCl salt and is wash with EtOH and dried.
    They do not add benzene to the acutal reaction. And if food grade ethanol is used benzene
    is not an issue.

    And besides, using benzene to make 200 proof EtOH is not employed as much you think.
    Companies use other techniques due to the regulation of benzene (at least in the states).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 09:06 PM
  2. Beware the fake creatine ethyl ester, CoA inside
    By sicosico in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 11:49 PM
  3. M4OHN and Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL from Custom
    By hognose in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 10:00 AM
  4. creatine ethyl ester
    By snakebyte05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Log in
Log in