Elderberry to boost Immune System

  1. Elderberry to boost Immune System


    Going through my 3rd flu in 6months and now I am thinking about taking some supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone hear use Elderberry and did it help you? Is there anything else I need to look at?

    Please suggest. Juar hate falling sick and out of gym.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Going through my 3rd flu in 6months and now I am thinking about taking some supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone hear use Elderberry and did it help you? Is there anything else I need to look at?

    Please suggest. Juar hate falling sick and out of gym.
    I had it 2-3 last year, before that not for years.

    Normally I take C, Zinc and Probotics daily and its enough.

    Garlic/Ginger is great too.

    These are cheap, and can be used daily.

    I'm afraid if you're already sick, nothing seems to help much.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    I had it 2-3 last year, before that not for years.

    Normally I take C, Zinc and Probotics daily and its enough.

    Garlic/Ginger is great too.

    These are cheap, and can be used daily.

    I'm afraid if you're already sick, nothing seems to help much.
    I know.. but I read it is a very effective staple to boost your immune system. A 30day supply is about $20 for me here.

    What’s your dosage on things mentioned above?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Going through my 3rd flu in 6months and now I am thinking about taking some supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone hear use Elderberry and did it help you? Is there anything else I need to look at?

    Please suggest. Juar hate falling sick and out of gym.
    Its a great anti viral, which is a big help since damn near everything is viral including the flu.
    Not something i take for long periods of time though.

    That with zinc, vit c at different times and probiotics will make a difference

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Ase_james View Post
    Its a great anti viral, which is a big help since damn near everything is viral including the flu.
    Not something i take for long periods of time though.

    That with zinc, vit c at different times and probiotics will make a difference
    Why can it not be a staple? And which is more effective; Elderberry or VIT C, Zinc and Probiotics?
    •   
       


  6. Elderberry is a staple in our house during school season.. None of us hardly ever get sick. It's full of vitamin c also. It also tastes great!
    SEMPER FI!!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    Elderberry is a staple in our house during school season.. None of us hardly ever get sick. It's full of vitamin c also. It also tastes great!
    Liquid or chews?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Why can it not be a staple? And which is more effective; Elderberry or VIT C, Zinc and Probiotics?
    Elderberry is best against viral infection, vit c, zinc and probiotics are immune system builders.
    From what i understand, using a small amount of elderberry throughout the flew season is good and bump it up when you feel it coming on. But if you use it year round, like anything, your body will adapt.

  9. Mushrooms- button, shiitake etc. Eat at least 100g. Per day. Zinc helps alot as well.

  10. I just used elderberry (liquid natures way sambucus) and it helped me get over a terrible flu incredibly quick. Highly recommend. I use gut health (probiotic) and zinc regularly which helps keep your immune system strong but I feel Elderberry is good when you’re already sick and want to fight it quickly. I take it before bed and sweat like a mad man while sleeping. It sux but it knocks it out quick

  11. I use to take ester C daily to help boost immunity. Now I just take Orange Triad which has a pretty good line up in terms of immunity support.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by LeanEngineer View Post
    I use to take ester C daily to help boost immunity. Now I just take Orange Triad which has a pretty good line up in terms of immunity support.
    I have been on OT before and now on Anavite. But didn’t notice any immunity boost.

  13. Elderberry should be ok to boost immune system
    Lysine works well
    Also berberine should have some positive effects in addition to being GDA

  14. 3 Trademarks with clinical studies:
    EpiCor
    AHCC
    Wellmune



    Vitamin D, Probiotics, Vitamin C, Zinc

  15. OREGANO OIL!!!! Look it up...the sh-it is awesome.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best supplement for boosting immune system?
    By Sss23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 04:16 PM
  2. Tai Chi May Boost Immune System
    By yeahright in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:07 PM
  3. Herbs to fortify the immune system?
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
  4. Non-Specific Immune System (Prt. 1)
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Log in
Log in