Corti-Lean

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Corti-Lean contains two of my regular supplements (Forskolin and Ashwagandha). I usually try to get the KSM-66 standard but the Corti-Lean formula uses a 5:1 ratio of the Ashwagandha, which is confusing me slightly.
I emailed the company but still don't really get it so thought I'd ask here.
Here's some pics to hopefully explain it better...

Email From Brawn
Screenshot_2018-01-23-13-30-53-1.png

Corti-Lean Profile
Screenshot_2018-01-23-13-33-17-1.png

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They are just saying that it’s a concentration content.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quite common actually.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. That's the extract ratio, and for instance I've seen derived from 3.5 grams of raw Ashwagandha Root.
It's why they didn't write 3,000mg of Ashwagandha.

Fixed.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys think of the profile as a whole/in general?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is their only 5% Ashwagandha?
5% of 600mg equalling 30mg of actual Ashwagandha?
Looks like it days 5:1 extract, which means the 600mg extract is equivalent to 5x that amount of the herb (so equivalent to 3g of raw ashwagandha).

This is not 5% withanolides, where the goal is to standardize the extract for the active components. This standardization ensures a consistent potency of the extract that you don’t always get from just a 5:1 or x:1 extract, where the withanolide content can vary from batch to batch, depending on the source material, extraction menthods, etc.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New reply from Brawn. I don't know if this makes any difference to peoples opinions but I thought I should post it up anyway

Screenshot_2018-01-23-16-05-30.png

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New reply from Brawn. I don't know if this makes any difference to peoples opinions but I thought I should post it up anyway

View attachment 159207
5% withanolide extract is not really that expensive to use in a product. Not using it seems to indicate that the primary focus is on minimizing costs, not maximizing effectiveness.

Also, some studies assessed KSM-66 (5% HPLC) to be ~10:1, so it’s twice as potent as a 5:1 extract, with more quality/potency assurance due to the standardization.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5% withanolide extract is not really that expensive to use in a product. Not using it seems to indicate that the primary focus is on minimizing costs, not maximizing effectiveness.

Also, some studies assessed KSM-66 (5% HPLC) to be ~10:1, so it’s twice as potent as a 5:1 extract, with more quality/potency assurance due to the standardization.
So what are your thoughts about the Corti-Lean formula? Worth getting?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So what are your thoughts about the Corti-Lean formula? Worth getting?
If you are going to go with a cortisol contorl supp, opt for Reduce XT. It's been the best cortisol control supp on the market for a LONG time :)

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are going to go with a cortisol contorl supp, opt for Reduce XT. It's been the best cortisol control supp on the market for a LONG time :)
I've used Reduce XT a few times in the past but as I said in my first post, Corti-Lean has decent doses of two of my favourite ingredients (Ashwagandha and Forskolin). Always up for trying something new.