DAA | Sodium d-aspartate

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read an article saying that a lot of 'DAA' contain a different substance to the one used in the research paper that brought about DAA supplements coming to market. I've now read that the specific compound needed for testosterone boosting benefits is called ' sodium d-aspartate '. Could anyone recommend any supplements which definitely contain sodium d-aspartate as opposed to a similar compound?

Alternatively, if you've used a DAA supp which retrospectively seemed to provide benefits, could you please name them/it

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used purus labs dpol when it came out, think that was around 2012? I ran two cans in a row, i was really impressed. granted it was the first test booster i ever took, there was probably a lot of placebo effect in there, but i just remember having 8 weeks of great workouts, lots of energy, lots of strength. That could be due to the pump additives they added in. I'll be honest, i did do another cycle of it a year later and didn't feel anything. I got scared of running DAA, due to all the articles out there saying it doesn't work, and i don't know what the dpol formulation looks like nowadays, but i'm a big fan of purus labs, they generally have good supplements

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used purus labs dpol when it came out, think that was around 2012? I ran two cans in a row, i was really impressed. granted it was the first test booster i ever took, there was probably a lot of placebo effect in there, but i just remember having 8 weeks of great workouts, lots of energy, lots of strength. That could be due to the pump additives they added in. I'll be honest, i did do another cycle of it a year later and didn't feel anything. I got scared of running DAA, due to all the articles out there saying it doesn't work, and i don't know what the dpol formulation looks like nowadays, but i'm a big fan of purus labs, they generally have good supplements
Does it look the same.
Purus Labs
D Pol (90 Tablets) Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 TABLETS
Serving Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Vitamin D3 - (Cholecalciferol)
4,000 IU
1000%
Vitamin B6 - (Pyridoxine)
2 Mg
100%
VITAMIN B9 - (FOLATE)
400 Mcg
100%
Vitamin B12 - (Cyanocobalamin)
6 Mcg
100%
Sodium
130 Mg
5%
LH/FREE TESTOSTERONE/ATP AMPLIFYING VASODILATORY OXYGEN SPARING MATRIX - (D-ASPARTIC ACID (3,120 MG), NITRATINE (STD. FOR 73% NITRATES), VITAMIN D3 (CHOLECALCIFEROL)(4,000 IU)
3,600 Mg
**%

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read an article saying that a lot of 'DAA' contain a different substance to the one used in the research paper that brought about DAA supplements coming to market. I've now read that the specific compound needed for testosterone boosting benefits is called ' sodium d-aspartate '. Could anyone recommend any supplements which definitely contain sodium d-aspartate as opposed to a similar compound?

Alternatively, if you've used a DAA supp which retrospectively seemed to provide benefits, could you please name them/it
I can't recall a single benefit DAA provides.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Ya I think my dpol benefits were more from the nitrates - but at 50 years old, DAA gives me a libido and strength boost no matter what the data says. I think it may work for someone older and with lower test levels only.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it look the same.
Purus Labs
D Pol (90 Tablets) Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 TABLETS
Serving Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Vitamin D3 - (Cholecalciferol)
4,000 IU
1000%
Vitamin B6 - (Pyridoxine)
2 Mg
100%
VITAMIN B9 - (FOLATE)
400 Mcg
100%
Vitamin B12 - (Cyanocobalamin)
6 Mcg
100%
Sodium
130 Mg
5%
LH/FREE TESTOSTERONE/ATP AMPLIFYING VASODILATORY OXYGEN SPARING MATRIX - (D-ASPARTIC ACID (3,120 MG), NITRATINE (STD. FOR 73% NITRATES), VITAMIN D3 (CHOLECALCIFEROL)(4,000 IU)
3,600 Mg
**%
Jeez my man, i can't remember that long ago! haha, i had a look now to see if i could find any images of the old/original packaging for the one i used the first time, but they don't show the ingredients. I know the first one only had 3,000mg daa, the later ones had 3,120, so i think the one you quoted was the later one (which didn't work as well). but it's a pretty cheap product, so worth a shot i guess

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
You can make Na-DAA from bulk DAA and baking soda. I think it was 1 part baking soda & 2 parts DAA mixed in water. Bubbling will follow.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you mean 'should provide according to certain studies' or 'provides, from your experience'?
It's been alleged to increase testosterone by 42% and boost seminal volume.

Ya I think my dpol benefits were more from the nitrates - but at 50 years old, DAA gives me a libido and strength boost no matter what the data says. I think it may work for someone older and with lower test levels only.
I've read that DAA is known to be particularly useful for older guys, others with low test and infertile men.

DAA is produced by humans and folks who naturally produces less test probably also produce less DAA

Its theorised that other bottlenecks are what can prevent excess DAA from stimulating additional testosterone production. I was reading a really interesting articles about said 'bottlenecks' yesterday but i can't find it rn

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean 'should provide according to certain studies' or 'provides, from your experience'?

I've read that DAA is known to be particularly useful for older guys, others with low test and infertile men.

DAA is produced by humans and folks who naturally produces less test probably also produce less DAA

Its theorised that other bottlenecks are what can prevent excess DAA from stimulating additional testosterone production. I was reading a really interesting articles about said 'bottlenecks' yesterday but i can't find it rn
Nearly all, if not all, studies showing benefits with DAA use have been in subjects with low-T and/or elderly subjects. For these populations, it may have some benefits, for healthy young men, the research indicates it doesn’t do anything, and may even decrease testosterone levels if double dosed (6g).

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

A 42% increase in testosterone is meaningless if you are within normal ranges.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A 42% increase in testosterone is meaningless if you are within normal ranges.
To me it sounds like it would make someone with average bb genes make genetically gifted level gains

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nearly all, if not all, studies showing benefits with DAA use have been in subjects with low-T and/or elderly subjects. For these populations, it may have some benefits, for healthy young men, the research indicates it doesn’t do anything, and may even decrease testosterone levels if double dosed (6g).
I've heard about the issues with double dosing but if I remember correctly the study which showed a 42% increase in test was done with healthy non-elderly subjects

gigante35

gigante35

Awards
  • Established
Dpol was bulls...!!! I have had run it a few years ago with drawn blood before and after 30 days of using it. Testosterone before was 28 and they went to 20 (ref. Range 09-30), and free test came after marked as low. On that time i have had 30 years of age.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To me it sounds like it would make someone with average bb genes make genetically gifted level gains
Well to me that sounds like one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dpol was bulls...!!! I have had run it a few years ago with drawn blood before and after 30 days of using it. Testosterone before was 28 and they went to 20 (ref. Range 09-30), and free test came after marked as low. On that time i have had 30 years of age.
What were you on when you got the 28 reading?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope. This DAA, sodium aspartate, I’m pretty sure there’s a maximum of one study on it showing any benefits for “normal” people; I’d hardly say that’s sufficient to say that it’s a game-changer. Why haven’t we seen any more research on it since then in healthy subjects? Also, it seems most studies actually don’t seem to differentiate between DAA and sodium d-aspartate, referring to sodium d-aspartate as DAA many times. Did all the authors get it wrong? Also, there is much more to making gains than just testosterone levels, many other factors.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nope. This DAA, sodium aspartate, I’m pretty sure there’s a maximum of one study on it showing any benefits for “normal” people; I’d hardly say that’s sufficient to say that it’s a game-changer. Why haven’t we seen any more research on it since then in healthy subjects? Also, it seems most studies actually don’t seem to differentiate between DAA and sodium d-aspartate, referring to sodium d-aspartate as DAA many times. Did all the authors get it wrong? Also, there is much more to making gains than just testosterone levels, many other factors.
Yeah, I read an article discussing that. I've tried d aspartic acid before and it's because of the possible confusion of the two compounds that I'm looking further into it.

The product I took at the time also contained a natty test booster, I forget which one, may have been LJ, which could be responsible for the boost in performance I noticed.
It's true, there's more to making gains than testosterone levels but I'm curious haha. I find this stuff and the biology behind how they work interesting

Wish someone'd do more trials with sodium d-aspartate or release a supp with it. I wouldn't mind spending $30 to try it lol. They could easily some loggers too

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I read an article discussing that. I've tried d aspartic acid before and it's because of the possible confusion of the two compounds that I'm looking further into it.

The product I took at the time also contained a natty test booster, I forget which one, may have been LJ, which could be responsible for the boost in performance I noticed.
It's true, there's more to making gains than testosterone levels but I'm curious haha. I find this stuff and the biology behind how they work interesting

Wish someone'd do more trials with sodium d-aspartate or release a supp with it. I wouldn't mind spending $30 to try it lol. They could easily some loggers too
You can just buy some sodium d-aspartate powder. One bulk supplement (hint-hint) seller has it; around $22 for 83 days worth (250g at 3g/day).

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of a sudden we have what...10 threads a day on DAA lol, f is wrong with people. Studies show it DECREASES free testosterone, and if people think it's really doing anything...well then people love the placebo effect.

This should just end this ridiculous discussion constantly on DAA:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4384294/

Discussion

The primary findings of the current study were, 1) resistance trained men consuming six grams of d-aspartic acid daily demonstrated significant reductions in total and free testosterone after 14 days of d-aspartic acid supplementation, and 2) the responsiveness to d-aspartic acid supplementation was unaffected by initial testosterone levels (total or free) in resistance trained men.

Our results demonstrate that in resistance trained men three grams daily of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on total testosterone, estradiol, sex-hormone-binding-globulin, and albumin.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All of a sudden we have what...10 threads a day on DAA lol, f is wrong with people. Studies show it DECREASES free testosterone, and if people think it's really doing anything...well then people love the placebo effect.

Discussion

The primary findings of the current study were, 1) resistance trained men consuming six grams of d-aspartic acid daily demonstrated significant reductions in total and free testosterone after 14 days of d-aspartic acid supplementation, and 2) the responsiveness to d-aspartic acid supplementation was unaffected by initial testosterone levels (total or free) in resistance trained men.

Our results demonstrate that in resistance trained men three grams daily of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on total testosterone, estradiol, sex-hormone-binding-globulin, and albumin.
Pretty much this. The only straw people seem to keep grasping at is that sodium d-aspartate is somehow different, despite studies using it, and studies referencing it, seeming to treat it interchangeably with “normal DAA.” Also, it’s not like DAA never works, it just seems to work only for people with something like low-T. If someone wants to try sodium d-aspartate, be my guest, but I personally wouldn’t put too much stock in it.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Discussion

What muscleupcrohn said. My readings into helpful supps and beneficial substances is pretty much out of leads. Wouldn't mind discovering something useful

Open to serious suggestions

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What muscleupcrohn said. My readings into helpful supps and beneficial substances is pretty much out of leads. Wouldn't mind discovering something useful

Open to serious suggestions
Assuming you’re looking at DAA for testosterone-related/associated effects, the following ingredients come to mind:

Ashwagandha: improved endurance, strength, body composition, cognition, and sexual function, reduced stress, anxiety, cortisol

Tongkat ali: improved libido and mood, reduced cortisol.

Forskolin: improved body composition

Maca: increased libido

Shilajit: adaptogenic effects, potential cognitive and immunity effects as well if I recall correctly