Anti Anxiety/Sleep

pro45

Awards
I 've been using l-theanine and lemon balm. And chamomile for years. I know that there are many supplement companies that have powders that enhance sleep and relaxation. What have you tried, or currently use, that you actually like and use regularly?

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Ashwaganda by premium powders from mr supps...that and their sleep aid and 5htp have helped me kick 2 anxiety meds. Ashwagandha yeah man for sure

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
I also use a lil sippin syrup to top off with to finally help me easy into sleep(insomnia, and anxiety togather, suck)

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As far as single ingredients to add to your list I enjoy 5htp, valerian root, and Ashwagandha. I also like phenibut but that one is hit or miss with people and you should not use it daily.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This what I use (360 Dreams) and I absolutely love it. Definitely helps with both anxiety and sleep. It does have phenibut so I only use it 2-3 x per week. One of the things I love about it is its a simple formula and very effective. And it does NOT have melatonin. I dont like malotonin. The price can't be beat either.

https://www.mrsupps.com/products/636/360-dreams/

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha, Sensoril and not KSM-66 for this purpose.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ashwaganda by premium powders from mr supps...that and their sleep aid and 5htp have helped me kick 2 anxiety meds. Ashwagandha yeah man for sure
These are all good options. I run them regularly just for the sleep benefits. CBD also has some great benefits for that.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gonna second this. Glycine is way overlooked. Plus, it increases GH in a dose dependant manner. For sleep, take 10-14 grams of glycine with 2 grams of GABA and a ZMA dose. Come back and tell us if you didn't sleep well. Even the glycine by itself works, but that combo is on par with some of the phenibut formulas I have used.

Glycine can also be used during the day and should reduce anxiety.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Gonna second this. Glycine is way overlooked. Plus, it increases GH in a dose dependant manner. For sleep, take 10-14 grams of glycine with 2 grams of GABA and a ZMA dose. Come back and tell us if you didn't sleep well. Even the glycine by itself works, but that combo is on par with some of the phenibut formulas I have used.

Do u suggest glycine from a certain place???

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do u suggest glycine from a certain place???
It is pretty cheap...I got a kg of powder on amazon for less than $15 from micro powders. It should be sweet, not quite like sugar but sweet.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Have you supplemented Tryptophan? It's known to fight insomnia.. Any companies out there with this ingredient in their sleep aids?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Valarian Root is a very cheap option if it works for you.. Somatomax is freakin killer for this, def give it a look. Cycle it though so you don't develop a dependence.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you supplemented Tryptophan? It's known to fight insomnia.. Any companies out there with this ingredient in their sleep aids?
Personally having tried both tryptophan and 5-htp, I found 5-htp to be much more effective. There are a bunch of sleep aids which have 5-htp, not sure if I have seen any lately that contain trytophan however.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut, melatonin.

Try to be as active as you can during the day!

Stay away from blue light(TV, phone etc) before bed.

I use a sound machine. You can also try a fan.

Meditate

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If you do use CBD, make sure there is no THC

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I found magnesium bisglycinate helped with anxiety, 450mg 2-4 times a day. Ashwaganda KSM is good too!

Getting 8 hours sleep instead of 5-6 makes a world of difference.

bernice

Awards
I too facing sleep issues.
I am suffering from insomnia.
Thanks for your advise. I will use Ashwaganda from today.
I had one question: when are you taking Ashwaganda ? Before dinner or after dinner?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I too facing sleep issues.
I am suffering from insomnia.
Thanks for your advise. I will use Ashwaganda from today.
I had one question: when are you taking Ashwaganda ? Before dinner or after dinner?
I take it along with food. You can do after food with ZMA.. But, I am not too sure if it helps with insomnia. It definitely helps reduce cortisol levels.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ashwaghanda (ksm66), Rhodiola Roses, SNS ZMA XT, SNS Growth Factor XT, SNS Phenibut

Pumpniron91

Pumpniron91

Awards
Usually take 200mg l theanine 300mg Ashwagandha (KSM) and 300mcg melatonin (yes mcg) a lot of people think it’s necessary to take 1-3mg of melatonin but that’s way over dose and you can actually make your body stop production of it’s natural melatonin. I would like to throw in some 5 htp as I have never tried it and see if that helps keep me asleep. My problem is I wake up frequently. Typically do to hunger tho

Pumpniron91

Pumpniron91

Awards
Usually take 200mg l theanine 300mg Ashwagandha (KSM) and 300mcg melatonin (yes mcg) a lot of people think it’s necessary to take 1-3mg of melatonin but that’s way over dose and you can actually make your body stop production of it’s natural melatonin. I would like to throw in some 5 htp as I have never tried it and see if that helps keep me asleep. My problem is I wake up frequently. Typically do to hunger tho

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I 've been using l-theanine and lemon balm. And chamomile for years. I know that there are many supplement companies that have powders that enhance sleep and relaxation. What have you tried, or currently use, that you actually like and use regularly?
600 mg daily of ashwagandha for sure. Not only will it help with stress and cortisol, but it will aid with performance as well. I would also look into Rhodiola rosea. I have some I am going to use soon. I jumped on it based off reading I did. Here is some good information on ashwagandha.
If healthy people take 3-5 ashwagandha capsules every day, their muscle strength and lean body mass increase and their fat percentage decreases. In addition, taking this herb, which is used in the ayurveda tradition, reduces the chance of cardiovascular disease. Researchers at the ICMR Advanced Centre for Reverse Pharmacology in Traditional Medicine discovered this.
http://www.ergo-log.com/ashwagandha-strength-lean-body-mass-fat-percentage.html
If infertile men take three capsules containing Ashwagandha – Latin name Withania somnifera – every day for a couple of months, their testosterone level rises by 17 percent and their sperm cell concentration increases by 167 percent. Doctors at Mahalaxmi Clinic in Mumbai, India write about it in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
http://www.ergo-log.com/human-study-ashwagandha-boosts-testosterone-level.html
This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/
Withania somnifera may therefore be useful for generalized weakness and to improve speed and lower limb muscular strength and neuro-muscular co-ordination. Terminalia arjuna may prove useful to improve cardio-vascular endurance and lowering systolic blood pressure. Both drugs appear to be safe for young adults when given for mentioned dosage and duration.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996571/
Ashwagandha improved the cardiorespiratory endurance of the elite athletes.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545242/
The percentage of fat declined in both groups, but the ashwagandha users lost more than the members of the placebo group. The researchers used the bioelectrical impedance method to measure the fat percentage. [We have our doubts about the reliability of this method, as we also do about the method the researchers used to measure muscle mass.]
http://ergo-log.com/daily-600-mg-ashwagandha-helps-resistance-trainers-build-more-muscle-and-lose-more-fat.html
The treatment group that was given the high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract exhibited a significant reduction (P<0.0001) in scores on all the stress-assessment scales on Day 60, relative to the placebo group. The serum cortisol levels were substantially reduced (P=0.0006) in the Ashwagandha group, relative to the placebo group. The adverse effects were mild in nature and were comparable in both the groups. No serious adverse events were reported.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573577/
The results seen here are likely due to a variety of effects of ashwagandha, but its adaptogenic properties probably played a major role in its ability to increase speed and strength. Ashwagandha has many beneficial effects that make it worthwhile for athletes to supplement with, and the direct ergogenic benefits shown here make it an even more valuble addition to the supplement plan of any athlete
http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/ashwagandha-2/

There is a reason why companies are putting this in their supplements (AlphaMax XT and M-Test). And you have the option of adding it into your stack for a very cheap price. Look for the Jarrow brand Ashwagandha.

huhihj

Awards
Is it safe to take an ECY stack, last dose at 1pm. Then take 3mg Melatonin, 1 ZMA, 1 HTTP & 1 Cayenne Pepper before bed?

Steezy

Steezy

Awards
  • Established
Is it safe to take an ECY stack, last dose at 1pm. Then take 3mg Melatonin, 1 ZMA, 1 HTTP & 1 Cayenne Pepper before bed?

ive taken ECA (-y) latest at 6pm and im fine but its all dependent on the person and what time you got up that day haha.. anything 8 hours before bed is recommended

huhihj

Awards
ive taken ECA (-y) latest at 6pm and im fine but its all dependent on the person and what time you got up that day haha.. anything 8 hours before bed is recommended
I was looking at it being more of danger aspect, from being “up” all day on ECA then taking HTP, ZMA and melatonin being “down”. I’ve never bothered with sleep aids so going to give them 3 a go. Been having trouble sleeping lately.