What Test Booster Would You Recommend to Your 60+ Father?

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Old man apparently got sucked in to the Nugenix radio ads and got his free bottle. He asked me to check it out and it really doesn't look to impressive at all. What test booster would you recommend for your 60+ year old father? Ideally I'm looking for something with test boosting benefits as well as as many general health benefits as possible. He's not one for taking or spending money on pills so it would likely just have to be a single product and not any sort of stack.

As of now I'm looking at K1ngs Blood and Test1fy as I like that they include KSM-66, but am open to any suggestions with sound reasoning behind them.

Lucazahra

Banned
Awards
Go for real test brah, test boosters don`t really work ...

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Go for real test brah, test boosters don`t really work ...
Considering my father doesn't like taking pills, I doubt he'll be open to test injections. But thanks for the well thought out response anyway brah.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
M test!!! But yeah if he can get on trt go with that lol

Reactions: mw1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He's too hard headed to get bloodwork done. OTC boosters are pretty much the only option.
if he gets a annual physical/checkup have them do it then....I enjoy test boosters a lot, but I have been on trt for over 8 years and it makes a dramatic difference...I will be 60 in september

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do your best to convince him to get blood work done. HRT at his age can really be a game changer.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
He's too hard headed to get bloodwork done. OTC boosters are pretty much the only option.
M-Test and Test1fy are two great OTC choices, but do your best to persuade him. Like Lucazahra said, test boosters don't really work. If your father wants actual results than he needs injections or transdermals. That's the only way.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'll try to talk him into getting some bloods and possibly HRT/TRT if the levels warrant it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
M-Test and Test1fy are two great OTC choices, but do your best to persuade him. Like Lucazahra said, test boosters don't really work. If your father wants actual results than he needs injections or transdermals. That's the only way.
it is not correct to flat out say that test boosters don't work...they can alleviate many of the symptoms associated with low test....but a decent test level is required for many functions that make the body and mind function properly that test boosters don't cover.

compan

compan

Awards
Alright, I'll try to talk him into getting some bloods and possibly HRT/TRT if the levels warrant it.
It would be a night and day difference in results for him across the whole spectrum.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Old man apparently got sucked in to the Nugenix radio ads and got his free bottle. He asked me to check it out and it really doesn't look to impressive at all. What test booster would you recommend for your 60+ year old father? Ideally I'm looking for something with test boosting benefits as well as as many general health benefits as possible. He's not one for taking or spending money on pills so it would likely just have to be a single product and not any sort of stack.

As of now I'm looking at K1ngs Blood and Test1fy as I like that they include KSM-66, but am open to any suggestions with sound reasoning behind them.
For OTC, CEL M-test. Honestly its great stuff for a much better price than something like that nugenix crap ha. Also has KSM as you mentioned it.

as mentioned tho, he's at an age where true hormonal trt/hrt is probably the most likely route to truly improve things if he's really feeling THAT bad... I'd have him get bloods, and if you want to try something in the interim, see the above and let him give it a go. Even if the effect is small, it may be enough to push him to a better state.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For OTC, CEL M-test. Honestly its great stuff for a much better price than something like that nugenix crap ha. Also has KSM as you mentioned it.

as mentioned tho, he's at an age where true hormonal trt/hrt is probably the most likely route to truly improve things if he's really feeling THAT bad... I'd have him get bloods, and if you want to try something in the interim, see the above and let him give it a go. Even if the effect is small, it may be enough to push him to a better state.
even on trt I still enjoy the benefits of test boosters...m-test is a good one, and it's priced right!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If he won't adhere to blood work, and HRT, then what has been suggested is very good.

Cel's M-Test and Ashwagandha KSM 66

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF2 by AppNut is really good. Especially for the older crowd. Not sure if the formula has changed over the years or not.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Let us know if you convince him! I wanna try and get on as soon as I’m finished with babymaking

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

HRT. Period.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
They will not work. Have fun wasting jos money and time!

He's gonna go on a natty test booster and be like "damn I feel 40 again!"

No. Just no.

HRT

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They will not work. Have fun wasting jos money and time!

He's gonna go on a natty test booster and be like "damn I feel 40 again!"

No. Just no.

HRT
Actually, there’s more research on natural options being effective in older people than in younger people. What may not do much for a young man may actually help to normalize an older man’s testosterone levels, which can have a pretty significant effect on quality of life, libido, performance, etc. I think it’s typically worth a try before deciding on the TRT route that is often for life.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Actually, there’s more research on natural options being effective in older people than in younger people. What may not do much for a young man may actually help to normalize an older man’s testosterone levels, which can have a pretty significant effect on quality of life, libido, performance, etc. I think it’s typically worth a try before deciding on the TRT route that is often for life.
Which compounds do you speak of?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which compounds do you speak of?
Ashwagandha, tongkat ali, forskolin, Vitamin D, perhaps DAA since were talking about older people and low-T, to name a few. Things like ashwagandha, tongkat ali, and Vitamin D can all be effective for various purposes in healthy young people too, but results may be more noticeable in restoring levels and function to baseline than trying to improve beyond a healthy baseline. Increasing testosterone to normal ranges from low range can often have more dramatic effects than increasing testosterone already within the normal range, as you aren’t really going to increase it to supraphysiological levels naturally.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha, tongkat ali, forskolin, Vitamin D, perhaps DAA since were talking about older people and low-T, to name a few. Things like ashwagandha, tongkat ali, and Vitamin D can all be effective for various purposes in healthy young people too, but results may be more noticeable in restoring levels and function to baseline than trying to improve beyond a healthy baseline. Increasing testosterone to normal ranges from low range can often have more dramatic effects than increasing testosterone already within the normal range, as you aren’t really going to increase it to supraphysiological levels naturally.
I have stated this. I will keep stating this and the facts.

"Unfortunately, the inverse is not true — your libido levels can go up without your*testosterone*levels also going up. And that's how most supposed T-boosters*“work”: they make you feel ornery, leading you to think that your T levels are appreciably higher, when they actually aren't."

www.artofmanliness.com/2014/07/10/do-testosterone-boosting-supplements-work/

2Burnt

Awards
I can go for this. TBoosters with quality ingrediants when effectively dosed. Seem to improve these areas. Steriod like results arent going to happen as some may think. But there can be benefits.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I can go for this. TBoosters with quality ingrediants when effectively dosed. Seem to improve these areas. Steriod like results arent going to happen as some may think. But there can be benefits.
The only thing a natty t booster can ever do is raise to levels to normal levels. So they would raise his levels to however much a 60+ year old man would have naturally...

Will he notice? Maybe for a couple weeks. TRT is what he needs. A tiny dose per week will greatly benefit his health.

Cardiovascular, bone density, strength, vitality, well being, mood, cognitive function etc.

2Burnt

Awards
The only thing a natty t booster can ever do is raise to levels to normal levels. So they would raise his levels to however much a 60+ year old man would have naturally...

Will he notice? Maybe for a couple weeks. TRT is what he needs. A tiny dose per week will greatly benefit his health.

Cardiovascular, bone density, strength, vitality, well being, mood, cognitive function etc.
Not sure about whether levels are being raised to a normal level or more so. What I do know are how they effect me over the years. Nothing mind blowing. But definitive results with some products. As far this individual, Im not a doctor, but going to one and checking in to TRT should be on the agenda. Idk how effective tboosters are in that age range with these set of issues. Plus, most tboosters have a sweet spot and then results taper off after/during cycles. So Im not sure that its a long term solution. Although, for me personally, I used to run a specific tbooster for year round results in the bedroom department. But it lost its luster when coming to the other benefits.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Not sure about whether levels are being raised to a normal level or more so. What I do know are how they effect me over the years. Nothing mind blowing. But definitive results with some products. As far this individual, Im not a doctor, but going to one and checking in to TRT should be on the agenda. Idk how effective tboosters are in that age range with these set of issues. Plus, most tboosters have a sweet spot and then results taper off after/during cycles. So Im not sure that its a long term solution. Although, for me personally, I used to run a specific tbooster for year round results in the bedroom department. But it lost its luster when coming to the other benefits.
Exactly man. It worked in the bedroom but not much else in other areas.... Read my sourced post.

They enhance your libido making you think your levels are being raised... They are not.

2Burnt

Awards
Exactly man. It worked in the bedroom but not much else in other areas.... Read my sourced post.

They enhance your libido making you think your levels are being raised... They are not.
Without bloods i'll never know. It could be affecting other hormones which in turn boost libido. Although, the sense of well being that hits in the 2nd to 3rd week is noteworthy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Your “sourced post” is from some random article by a lifestyle website. I can show you any number of actual studies, peer-reviewed, double-blind, studies showing that some ingredients can not only actually increase testosterone, significantly in some instances, but that they can also improve endurance, strength, performance, body composition, quality of life, libido, mood, etc.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TRT is what he needs. A tiny dose per week will greatly benefit his health.

Would you look at that, all the same benefits I just mentioned (ashwagandha has been shown to have cognitive benefits as well).

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Your “sourced post” is from some random article by a lifestyle website. I can show you any number of actual studies, peer-reviewed, double-blind, studies showing that some ingredients can not only actually increase testosterone, significantly in some instances, but that they can also improve endurance, strength, performance, body composition, quality of life, libido, mood, etc.
Show me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have already showed you studies on ashwagandha and forskolin showing increased endurance, strength, and improved body composition. Also, ashwagandha is perhaps most well known for its ability to reduce stress and anxiety, and both ashwagandha have been shown to improve mood.

As for cognition:
Significant improvements were observed in reaction times with simple reaction, choice discrimination, digit symbol substitution, digit vigilance, and card sorting tests with Withania somnifera extract compared to placebo.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897003/
And that study was using healthy human subjects, so it’s not just helping in cases of cognitive impairment.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I have already showed you studies on ashwagandha and forskolin showing increased endurance, strength, and improved body composition. Also, ashwagandha is perhaps most well known for its ability to reduce stress and anxiety, and both ashwagandha have been shown to improve mood.

As for cognition:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897003/
And that study was using healthy human subjects, so it’s not just helping in cases of cognitive impairment.
Can you show me studies on natural test boosters increasing your blood serum levels of testosterone?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you show me studies on natural test boosters increasing your blood serum levels of testosterone?
Yes, actually. Are you looking for increases in testosterone within the normal level, which isn’t quite as significant, or studies showing increases in low testosterone to a more normal level? Plus, the studies confirm the benefits that you’re ACTUALLY looking for from increasing testosterone, like increases strength, performance, endurance, body composition, mood, libido, etc. Of course, you have to be realistic in your expectations, but it’s far from useless IMO.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will be 60 in September....anyone who says test boosters are worthless for us older guys doesn't know what they are talking about!!!

like I posted earlier, I'm on trt and still enjoy the effects of test boosters.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I will be 60 in September....anyone who says test boosters are worthless for us older guys doesn't know what they are talking about!!!

How would I know if I'm not that old? I'm speaking for my generation. Kids take these Pops, and expect results

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Your on trt. You have no say on this subject

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How would I know if I'm not that old? I'm speaking for my generation. Kids take these Pops, and expect results
what the hell does 'your' generation or kids have to do with the topic...'what test booster would you recommend to your 60+ father'??????????????

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Aren’t you on testosterone , HGH, etc? You don’t get a say either then. Fortunately, a fact is a fact, regardless of who is saying it.
I used them before I took real test/juice.

Just like every kid on here. They all want a natural test booster.

At that age, the age I took it at when I was natural, will do nothing at all.

Maybe to a 60+ year old man. But nothing compared to trt.

So yes, I do have a say brother.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
what the hell does 'your' generation or kids have to do with the topic...'what test booster would you recommend to your 60+ father'??????????????
I have spoken to my 55 year old father about a month ago. I asked if he was on trt yet because he's been a sheriff for over 25 years, SWAT, detective etc.

He has always worked out his entire career. He said yes he is probably going to, since his friend just got on.

He said he tried a couple natty boosters and noticed nothing lol.

Also, "my generation" other millenials, especially teens always ask if these work. No they don't.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used them before I took real test/juice.

Just like every kid on here. They all want a natural test booster.

At that age, the age I took it at when I was natural, will do nothing at all.

Maybe to a 60+ year old man. But nothing compared to trt.

So yes, I do have a say brother.

You must not have good reading comprehension; you said that he doesn’t have a say because he’s on TRT, so if you’re also on anabolics, you also don’t get a say. You didn’t consider his past, why should I consider yours?

Furthermore, I showed you multiple studies showing actual, tangible benefits of some “test booster” ingredients in healthy young subjects, things like increased endurance, strength, cognition, and improved body composition, mood, and libido.

If the above benefits are nothing, then you are right, they will do nothing.

It’s almost, or exactly, like you don’t know ingredients can have MoAs in addition to and/or besides boosting testosterone.