Protein bars

mittleman

Awards
What’s the standard opinion on protein bars? Are any of them legit or are that all just crap?

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Oh Yeah One, Muscletech Nitrotech, Quest (newer flavors mostly) are ones I've had and would buy again. I've heard the Pro Supps MyBars are good, Sinister Labs Sinfit, and quite a few others.

Good bars are out there nowadays!

mittleman

Awards
Oh Yeah One, Muscletech Nitrotech, Quest (newer flavors mostly) are ones I've had and would buy again. I've heard the Pro Supps MyBars are good, Sinister Labs Sinfit, and quite a few others.

Good bars are out there nowadays!
Cool I want to buy some for afternoon snacks but didn’t want to waste my money on garbage.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I loved Quest, ISS Oh Yeah Low Carb Bars, the original ISS oh yeah bars are nice but a little higher in carbs but some of the best tasting protein bars i have tried, Combat Crunch bars are also quite nice, i have also tried the quest pb cups which i find awesome can be a little dry but the flavour is awesome and they are better compared to reese's pb cups.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FitCrunch - Peanut Butter (Could be the best bar created on the market), Cinnamon Twist
Oh yeah - Maple Glazed Donut, Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Roll, Almond Bliss, Pb Choc Cake
Grenade - Peanut Butter, caramel Chaos , white chocolate cookie
MT NitroTech Crunch - Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Roll
MyBar - Iced Cinnamon Cookie & Confetti Crunch
Sinfit - Have not tried yet, but heard they are amazing and are as good as FitCrunch (best on market)
Fitjoy - Pumpkin Pie, Lemon, Cookies & Cream
Quest Hero - Blueberry and Vanilla
Syntha 6 Crisp - PB Crunch, Salted Toffee Pretzel

Here you go. Check your PM's OP

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great ones mentioned already
I also like the chocolate covered cherry cake bites and the mint chocolate

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How could I forget chocolate birthday cake one bar, best ‘birthday cake’ flavour mix up

I enjoyed them more then the regular birthday cake

Carb killa are always good

Think the world needs more rid crispy style bars, eat them all day and was sadden recently to learn a uk company had stopped making there own.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I enjoy many of the mentioned protein bars but they are grossly overpriced for what you get IMO. If they were more affordable, I would probably buy them much more often and use them in place of protein shakes if the quality was high enough. I have become quite sick of mixing and drinking protein shakes!

I am hoping OL will change the game with their upcoming protein bars while also making them more affordable :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I enjoy many of the mentioned protein bars but they are grossly overpriced for what you get IMO. If they were more affordable, I would probably buy them much more often and use them in place of protein shakes if the quality was high enough. I have become quite sick of mixing and drinking protein shakes!

I am hoping OL will change the game with their upcoming protein bars while also making them more affordable :)
Fit Crunch is pretty decent for the money. Routinely $2 at Publix I think; 30g protein and nearly 400 calories.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FitCrunch - Peanut Butter (Could be the best bar created on the market), Cinnamon Twist
Oh yeah - Maple Glazed Donut, Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Roll, Almond Bliss, Pb Choc Cake
Sinfit - Have not tried yet, but heard they are amazing and are as good as FitCrunch (best on market)

Gotta love Fit Crunch for having 30g protein, good flavors, and being more filling than most bars, as long as you’re not super tight on calories.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fit Crunch is pretty decent for the money. Routinely $2 at Publix I think; 30g protein and nearly 400 calories.
Yeah...I have tried those before and I like the high protein content. They also taste pretty close to a candy bar as I recall..

Seems to be an abundance of not so healthy additives though. There must be better options for additives while still making a tasty bar. I am sure this would drive the price up too though as a result..

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah...I have tried those before and I like the high protein content. They also taste pretty close to a candy bar as I recall..

Seems to be an abundance of not so healthy additives though. There must be better options for additives while still making a tasty bar. I am sure this would drive the price up too though as a result..
I mean, you can’t have everything I guess; high protein, good taste, no additives, and low price. Real candy bars can be cheap and taste good, but often have lots of unhealthy ingredients and not much protein. “Healthy” bars tend to be expensive and may not taste too great or have a ton of protein. Etc.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mean, you can’t have everything I guess; high protein, good taste, no additives, and low price. Real candy bars can be cheap and taste good, but often have lots of unhealthy ingredients and not much protein. “Healthy” bars tend to be expensive and may not taste too great or have a ton of protein. Etc.
All that is surely true.
That is where I am hoping OL will break the mold...somehow. It will be interesting to see...

In the meantime I should probably get some Fit Crunch Bars again ;)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a Quest and D's natural guy myself

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
All that is surely true.
That is where I am hoping OL will break the mold...somehow. It will be interesting to see...

In the meantime I should probably get some Fit Crunch Bars again ;)
I will be 100% Honest with you
The beta sample protein bar they sent me was not very good at all

The PB was chalky & dry, the glaze you could not taste. It was basically a watered down chocolate peanut bar.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/283534-new-topic-week-9.html#post5910588

Olympus Labs Peanut Butter Protein Bar Review

Taste

Peanut Butter - Upon opening the wrapper it looks like a chocolate-coated protein bar with a peanut butter drizzle, crushed up nuts, a layer of filling and the peanut butter base. The outer shell has mild and dull chocolate flavoring. The chocolate is actually the least dominant flavor in the protein bar. The peanut butter drizzle is hardly noticed because the nuts provide so much saltiness and crunch to the top layer. The peanut butter base is dry and does not provide a strong creamy peanut butter flavor. I was hoping for a stronger and creamier peanut butter flavor, but it never came through the more I ate the bar. The protein bar is surmounted by the nutty flavoring with the crushed up nuts on top, and the chocolate and peanut butter and lost in the mix. Olympus Labs did a great job with the top coating of the bar (Crushed nuts), but I never found a good peanut butter or chocolate flavor .The peanut butter seemed chalky and the chocolate was hard to pick up.

Texture
The protein bars from Olympus labs are large (almost 90g) in weight, and they have a similar texture to a FitCrunch. You are presented with a rich outer coating and a very soft center on the inside. The crushed up nuts on the outside help enhance the crunch in the bar. Even right out of the wrapper the inside resembles a brownie like consistency. For those who like Fit Crunch, Nitro-Tech Crunch, Combat Crunch, or MyBar’s this is very similar to all of those bars in Texture. I personally like these the best because they give you the best of both worlds chewy & crunchy.

Formula
Since this is a beta test the only thing I can comment on is the macros on the wrapper
Calories - 350
Protein – 30g
Carbs –33g
Fat – 16g
Fiber – 2g
Sugar – 4g

What you are presented with is a MRP type protein bar. Again these resemble FtiCrunch in macros with the higher fat and carbohydrate intake. What is nice is a whopping 30g of protein where most bars are falling in the 20g range.

Knowing Olympus labs the formula will be top notch as they are a company who thinks outside the box.

Cost

I do not have any information on pricing for these bars, but if you know OL they have a lot of 50% off sales and great intro sales. I would keep my eye out when these launch to get them at a very affordable price.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh Yeah ONE, Grenade Carb Killa, Pro Supps My bar.... my faves

Telling you...My Bar is damn good, can't find a complaint about them. Reasonably priced. I've given up honestly on bars the last year or 2, so many f'in horrible tasting bars...how these EVER made through a company's QC is beyond me i.e. Venture, Mission 1, etc.

Fit Crunch is also awesome....need to find a good sale on them....been through 2 boxes back to back on My Bar Iced Cinn Cookie and just looking to switch it up.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Telling you...My Bar is damn good, can't find a complaint about them. Reasonably priced. I've given up honestly on bars the last year or 2, so many f'in horrible tasting bars...how these EVER made through a company's QC is beyond me i.e. Venture, Mission 1, etc.

Fit Crunch is also awesome....need to find a good sale on them....been through 2 boxes back to back on My Bar Iced Cinn Cookie and just looking to switch it up.
if you like MyBar, you will like NitroTech Crunch (Very similar texture/flavor) and SinFit

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nitrotech are good too

Carb killas never disappoint

The oh yeah bars with the little M&M’s In is good too, but that’s getting past being a protein bar and more just a standard candy bar

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The PB was chalky & dry, the glaze you could not taste. It was basically a watered down chocolate peanut bar.
I take it they still have some work to do and that they took your critique very seriously. Pretty safe to say this did or will contain velositol..

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
When I was younger I used to just force protein bars down my throat but they all sucked in my opinion. They're all dry and taste terrible. The only one that tasted amazing were the muscle sandwich ones and they didn't have much protein in them. These days I stick to food and shakes.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
When I was younger I used to just force protein bars down my throat but they all sucked in my opinion. They're all dry and taste terrible. The only one that tasted amazing were the muscle sandwich ones and they didn't have much protein in them. These days I stick to food and shakes.
For cost i would just stick with chicken breasts, steak, lean ground beef, turkey, and whey isolate and micellar casein based proteins. I find them nice to have as a treat now and then if cutting or if unable to access a solid food based meal to combine with a protein shake, but with proper meal prep and planning you can get by without them, i have also been able to make my own with vitafiber syrup and protein powder in the past.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
For cost i would just stick with chicken breasts, steak, lean ground beef, turkey, and whey isolate and micellar casein based proteins. I find them nice to have as a treat now and then if cutting or if unable to access a solid food based meal to combine with a protein shake, but with proper meal prep and planning you can get by without them, i have also been able to make my own with vitafiber syrup and protein powder in the past.
Yeah money and time is better spent on food. I've heard of people making their own bars but I've never attempted it. Protein powder serves its purpose for me if I'm trying to meet my protein needs and am unable too for whatever reason.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Which is the best protein bar per buck? Any places that do good discounts on large amounts?

EpicSlaughter

EpicSlaughter

Awards
Which is the best protein bar per buck? Any places that do good discounts on large amounts?
It depends man. I use Google shop as well as I know a few good sites. I find a few stores in the same price range and then start searching coupon codes

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/283534-new-topic-week-9.html#post5910588
Ill be 100% honest with you and everybody else on AM. You haven’t tried our bars, let alone likely any product you review. The irony in your post is blinding.

So feedback from someone who has actually tried them is very positive in relation to taste and texture. They will also cater for people with intolerances etc. i can HONESTLY say everyone will really enjoy them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ill be 100% honest with you and everybody else on AM. You haven’t tried our bars, let alone likely any product you review. The irony in your post is blinding.

So feedback from someone who has actually tried them is very positive in relation to taste and texture. They will also cater for people with intolerances etc. i can HONESTLY say everyone will really enjoy them.
It was a beta bar not a final version. Of course there will be tinkering before it’s finalized exactly as GNO said. I know OL will make
a very good product like they have with the rest of their product line. With Synapsin and the rest of the team on the job I have no doubt it will be a hit when it is finally released.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was a beta bar not a final version. Of course there will be tinkering before it’s finalized exactly as GNO said. I know OL will make
a very good product like they have with the rest of their product line. With Synapsin and the rest of the team on the job I have no doubt it will be a hit when it is finally released.
Have not tried these yet myself, but I’m sure plenty of improvements will be made before release.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have not tried these yet myself, but I’m sure plenty of improvements will be made before release.
Just like with the entire OL line. Continue to upgrade Re1gn flavors based off initial reviews.... new triumph ... protein powder in the works

Going to be a huge year in 2018 for OL

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice to hear that it seems like OL is taking a look at using healthier alternatives for additives!