forskolin and diarrhea.. any remedies?

M

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,
so i am dieting right now and taking forskolin in the form of 2 shift capsules in the morning and testify pro pre workout (around 1pm)
even if i dont eat until the evening (i do IF) i have mad diarrhea. Constantly.
are their any remedies for this?
i guess the problem was the addition of testify pro. Without it, i didnt get diarrhea.
is the dosage too high or is the forskolin in testify pro less %? (according to label it shouldnt be)
just drop testify or do you know any remedies? (e.g. combine with xy or something like that=
thanks guys!

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good quality forskolin ALWAYS gives me crazy diarrhea

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you answered your own question. Skip one or the other. Or, shyt your way skinny.

Reactions: Nac
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We all have different tolerances for forskolin. Some have issues at 50mg for 95%. Others are fine with 100mg. You just have to find your level of tolerance.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take lemon water and apple cider vinegar. Forskolin causes the acid in your stomach to increase so something like lemon water+ACV can really help. Also take Forskolin with food.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly the ONLY ti,e I have had really bad diarrhea o forskoli is from PES 95% extract. It isn't acid that causes It, it is the increase in cyclic AMP itself. Cyclic amp causes fluid to be drawn into the bowels. The more pure the forskolin the faster cAMP will raise, the faster and more intense this water influx should be. Ironically we were sold that a 95% extract will be less likely to cause diarrhea but I personally believe an understanding of the function of forskolin and this effect indicates a lower concentration extract will be less likely to cause the issue. I have taken up to 1,000 mg of 20% extract a day for 200 mg of forskolin daily, from a couple reliable sources and had no issues. 50 mg of PES and things get explosive. It may be that even reliable companies have trouble sourcing quality forskolin and PES is one of the few doing a good job...or that the lower concentration slows absorption enough to keep things less problematic.

http://fig.cox.miami.edu/~lfarmer/BIL265/CAMP.HTM

M

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
I think you answered your own question. Skip one or the other. Or, shyt your way skinny.
haha, do not want to shyt my way skinny :D
i will skip the OL testify pro since this addition made my stomach go crazy.
Will see this evening if its helping.
thanks @ all Smont:
50g daily really isnt hard to get.
I eat 1kilogram of mixed veggies a day (adds up to 33g), 300g mushrooms (another 6-7), 200g konjac noodles (7-8g) and
some fibres in the form of my add-on to cottage cheese (flavoring with fibre, like the frankys bakery stuff ... cant get the name right now^^)

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diarrhea is one thing. Forskolin gives you burning, painful ones. It's why I cannot use it. It's literally unbearable.

I

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
110mg of 95% pure Forskolin is a pretty high dose, especially as the usual dose is usually around the 50mg mark. Test1fy Pro was awesome but it wasn't too kind to my insides either, however I had no issues with the Test1fy caps. The caps don't have Forskolin but they definitely gave me a "Boost" and are definitely one of my favourite natty T boosters.

Shift+Test1fy Pro sounds like a great natty recomp stack, but if it's messing with your guts then I'd recommend taking your Test1fy Pro with food. My bowel movements were much better when I took my Test1fy pro with food.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
110mg of 95% pure Forskolin is a pretty high dose, especially as the usual dose is usually around the 50mg mark. Test1fy Pro was awesome but it wasn't too kind to my insides either, however I had no issues with the Test1fy caps. The caps don't have Forskolin but they definitely gave me a "Boost" and are definitely one of my favourite natty T boosters.

Shift+Test1fy Pro sounds like a great natty recomp stack, but if it's messing with your guts then I'd recommend taking your Test1fy Pro with food. My bowel movements were much better when I took my Test1fy pro with food.
50mg is the normal dose that’s included in many forskolin containing products (of 95%) but many people supplement additional forskolin with those products. As long as they don’t feel the GI symptoms from higher doses.

For example:

Pre load forskolin 95 weeks 1-4

Dose AlphaMax and forskolin weeks 5-12

This gives you 12 weeks total on forskolin (which is the length most studies have been done on) and 8 weeks on a product like AlphaMax. Same works for Anabeta Elite and similar supplements.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey guys,
so i am dieting right now and taking forskolin in the form of 2 shift capsules in the morning and testify pro pre workout (around 1pm)
even if i dont eat until the evening (i do IF) i have mad diarrhea. Constantly.
are their any remedies for this?
i guess the problem was the addition of testify pro. Without it, i didnt get diarrhea.
is the dosage too high or is the forskolin in testify pro less %? (according to label it shouldnt be)
just drop testify or do you know any remedies? (e.g. combine with xy or something like that=
thanks guys!
A couple of things you can do is dose it with food, but given that you follow IF, that may not be feasible. Another thing you can do is lower the dose, and start again, but with only one capsule of Shift for a week or so that way your body can get used to it. If that doesn't work, then forskolin may not be for you. Some people just can't stomach it.