Best Protein currently

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Quick question, what's everybody's favorite protein currently? I've been using dymatize for a while and i'm gonna try cellucor now, but just wanted to get some opinions from everyone else

Thanks

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
I’ve been using Syntha6 for a good while. You don’t need hardly any liquid so you don’t get bloated af. It’s about 25 grams protein per Serving and 150 calories. It tastes smooth goes down smooth

DonutsNDeads

DonutsNDeads

Awards
MTS Whey Or Gold Standard. I prefer MTS because the taste is amazing and it mixes really well

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I am using Nitropro by Hi-Tech, Protean by Iforce Nutrition, Isomorph 28 by APS and Gaspari Protein

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently only have PES select and Man Sports Iso-Protein. These are delicious. I am about to finish finaflex clear protein.. but that one makes me gassy lol

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's no real best protein as people have different taste as well as different price ranges. I rotate BPI, PES, and XF.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There is no best protein.
Lets say someone is lactose intolerant, they will need an isolate or a vegan protein.
For general consumers they are fine with a normal whey.

This is how I would break it down:

If cost is not an issue:
XF 2.0 (LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, Chocoalte Mint)
MSI Lean Whey (Lean Charms, Oatmeal Cookie etc...)
Ghost Whey
Beverly UMP (CNC is amazing)
Metabolic Nutrition (PB Cookie is GOAT)

A little costly but not breaking the bank:
MTS (Pumpkin, Red Velvet, PB CnC, CnC, Triple Aussie Biscuit)
Nutrabio
Iforce Protean (Blueberry & RV)

Cost Effective:
Cellucor (Cinn Swirl, Choc PB, Molten Chocolate)
PES (Vanilla, WCM, PB Cookie, SnickerDoodle)
AI Sports Whey (Birthday Cake, Pumpkin, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha)
Animal Whey (Banana, Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream)
Rule 1 (Banana, Fudge Brownie, Red Velvet, Pumpkin)
USP Labs

Isolate:
MAN Sports Iso (All the flavors are great I have tried)
Dymatize Iso-100 (Birthday Cake, Orange Cream, PB, Choc PB)
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)
Gaspari Precision (Blueberry, Neo, CTC)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion

and I am sure I could add more, but just off the top of my head.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
MyProtein Whey Isolate. You can get 11 lbs of unflavored whey for $60-65 with some of their numerous sales; whey concentrate for $50-55.

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
Hi guys

Quick question, what's everybody's favorite protein currently? I've been using dymatize for a while and i'm gonna try cellucor now, but just wanted to get some opinions from everyone else

Thanks
100% isolate.
Species, dymatize, nutrabio, man sports was rated pretty good to. Species, man, and nutrabio are very transparent with ingredients and tested. You can look up the 3rd Party results per batch on their website.

Stay away from the BSN, musclemilk, muscle tech bull****!!! It’s trash.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi guys

Thanks
PEScience Select hands down. Amazing flavors and blend. Really can't go wrong.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of great ones out there.

Some may effect your stomach, some more than others, so best to pay attention to how your body reacts

Isolates are top of the line Dymatize-100 is fantastic

Millennium Sport 100% New Zealand grass fed whey protein is top notch

AI Sports Nutrition is very good and cost effective

Cutler Nutrition, BPI, Gaspari. I could go on

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also remember isolates are great but if you end up mixing it in milk and not water you may as well go with concentrate as your just adding fats and sugar back in.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

Thanks
Fish, chicken, beans.... As for shakes, keep it simple. 100% whey protein. Buy something with a fancy shiny label and you're wasting you're money. I buy bodystrong 100% whey online. Great quality whey, isolate, and quick absorbing peptides with full amino profile. Cold processed and micro-filtered. 60 bucks for 10 pounds. 25grams per scoop

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Also remember isolates are great but if you end up mixing it in milk and not water you may as well go with concentrate as your just adding fats and sugar back in.
Correct isolate and milk is no good. When I was a teen, I pounded so many shakes with milk a day to gain weight, I became lactose intolerant. It went away with time. Just mix shakes with water

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

Thanks
If you use isolate use water. In fact, shakes with water consumed right before a workout will give great strength gains and pumps. If you disagree, I encourage you to try it. Post WO just eat lean protein and carbs. Bam!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lets say someone is lactose intolerant, they will need an isolate or a vegan protein.

If cost is not an issue:
Ghost Whey

Nutrabio

Cost Effective:
USP Labs

Isolate:
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion

Cannot get more descriptive this. PES is a good blend. There are some really good deals on Animal Whey and Cellucor ATM..

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
You are the only other person i've seen mention MSI in these threads, theres a nutrition shop around me that sells the 5lb for about 65$. Online ive always seen the 2lb priced around that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Exactly. Online its ridiculous how much they cost. I do not have any place local that sells MSI
$120 online for a 5lb tub, no thanks.
You are the only other person i've seen mention MSI in these threads, theres a nutrition shop around me that sells the 5lb for about 65$. Online ive always seen the 2lb priced around that.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Online its ridiculous how much they cost. I do not have any place local that sells MSI
That 120 spent on a 2lb insider deal will get you about twice that amount! 120 is for sure insanely expensive. Funny part is some people especially those new and susceptible to marketing schemes will shell it out for a product that has the same ingredients or blends that a 50 dollar or less tub has.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards

If cost is not an issue:
Ghost Whey

Nutrabio

Cost Effective:
USP Labs

Isolate:
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
didnt mean toquote again work computer is going nuts. but i find it sort of hard to believe that anybody would pay that for protein.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
If any of you guys ever really want it dont shell out the money ill go to my local shop and ship it to you probably save you 50$

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will use PES Select, ON Gold Standard Whey or Isomorph by APS. Those are my go to. Price per serving ON Gold Standard wins.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Did you read my post? How many grams of protein on that kind? I get 10lbs for 60 of the best kind. I've tried them all even in the bsn and celltech days. You don't need brand name ****. Your paying extra money for THE SAME thing I just got, because the name. Like sunglasses or clothes

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Again I get 10lbs of the best, whey and isolate, no fillers, for 60.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That 120 spent on a 2lb insider deal will get you about twice that amount! 120 is for sure insanely expensive. Funny part is some people especially those new and susceptible to marketing schemes will shell it out for a product that has the same ingredients or blends that a 50 dollar or less tub has.
Its only that price at Full Retail. Just like how PES is $71 for a 4lb tub on their website.
But when sales are ran of course its much cheaper. MSI has ran 50% off sales for releases or specials making it much more affordable just like you guys did for insiders and your BF Sale.

But their flavoring is absolutely fantastic.

If any of you guys ever really want it dont shell out the money ill go to my local shop and ship it to you probably save you 50$
Good man!
Considering the cost of raws for protein powder are around $10/lb for protein, you get skeptical when companies run BOGO's or constantly have their protein on sale and don't have a 3rd party test or COA to back their product. Let alone a "Seal Of Approval" on their product with no test to back it up.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mr Supps Isolate is my favorite, the cinnamon bun is amazing

also 360 cuts vanilla is solid if price is an issue

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
I stick to PES Select and Animal Whey. Taking insider sales into account I see no reason to stray elsewhere for myself.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally prefer blends versus straight whey or casein, I will post a link below. They are a little more expensive than straight whey powders, but are still not that costly if you purchase them when they are on sale. My top two brands would would PES and USP Labs. Both are good and affordable, especially when they have sales.

The best post-workout shake doesn't just contain easily digested proteins like whey and soya protein. Strength athletes will get more out their training session if they drink a protein shake that contains fast and slow proteins, such as casein. Nutritional scientist at the University of Texas at Galveston published a study on the subject in the Journal of Nutrition.
http://www.ergo-log.com/mix-of-casein-whey-soya-protein-after-strength-training.html

For a good all-around protein powder:  Use a blend of micellar casein and whey protein isolate to take advantage of their combined qualities.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/whey-vs-casein-the-real-story

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Correct isolate and milk is no good. When I was a teen, I pounded so many shakes with milk a day to gain weight, I became lactose intolerant. It went away with time. Just mix shakes with water
Crap I meant casein and milk is a no go!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I personally prefer blends versus straight whey or casein, I will post a link below. They are a little more expensive than straight whey powders, but are still not that costly if you purchase them when they are on sale. My top two brands would would PES and USP Labs. Both are good and affordable, especially when they have sales.

http://www.ergo-log.com/mix-of-casein-whey-soya-protein-after-strength-training.html

Fast and slow are a great choice. But you don't need to waste money on brand name products. Also let us not forget real food is much, much more important. The second I stopped focusing on shakes and ate more protein from food, the better I felt and the gains came on. I say one shake a day before training. Your body wants/needs food. Not designer protein shakes. A shake is fine. Just don't over do it

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
not sure how some of you can tolerate these "blends" of protein like MTS and others. Isolate only

I have tried every brand out there and always come back to Dymatize

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Crap I meant casein and milk is a no go!
Casein is also a make up of milk (80% Casein 20% Whey), so there is nothing wrong with casein and milk. Perfectly fine.
Not all milk is sugars (like you think) Almond milk or cashew milk taste good and are very low calorie. Not to mention shakes taste much better then just regular water.

Also all "Brand" name whey's are not meeting label claims. Go find how many COA's or 3rd party tests are done on those . Or some knockoff brand who sells for under the cost of the raw materials. That alone is a red flag. Considering the cost of raw's for WPC, WPI, MPI (Around $10/lb). Companies that continually sell their product under how much it costs for the raws (not factoring in containers or flavoring) may be a risk.

For example body fortress.. Spiked

July 1, 2014: Body Fortress Lawsuit
November 4, 2014: A GNC and 4 Dimension Nutrition joint class action
November 11, 2014: The CVS Lawsuit was filed regarding CVS Whey Protein Powder.
Giant Sports
(Delicious Protein)
November 13, 2014: Inner Armour Class Action Lawsuit (Mass Peak and Nitro Peak) — Update September 9, 2016: Case dismissed with prejudice
November 19, 2014: New Whey Lawsuit (Multi-Pro)
November 19, 2014: Pro Supps PS Whey Lawsuit served.
November 19, 2014: Fit Foods (Mutant Whey)
ALLMAX Lawsuit (Hexapro Protein Powder)
January 23, 2015: CytoSport Muscle Milk Family Lawsuit (note that this is not for spiking! It’s allegedly just under-dosed protein and not having L-Glutamine!)
January 28, 2015: MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Mass

I would rather buy a name brand such as PES, MTS, Cellucor, Animal that has a 3rd party COA or test to back their labels.
But to each their own

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Casein is also a make up of milk (80% Casein 20% Whey), so there is nothing wrong with casein and milk. Perfectly fine.
Not all milk is sugars (like you think) Almond milk or cashew milk taste good and are very low calorie. Not to mention shakes taste much better then just regular water.

Also all "Brand" name whey's are not meeting label claims. Go find how many COA's or 3rd party tests are done on those . Or some knockoff brand who sells for under the cost of the raw materials. That alone is a red flag. Considering the cost of raw's for WPC, WPI, MPI (Around $10/lb). Companies that continually sell their product under how much it costs for the raws (not factoring in containers or flavoring) may be a risk.

Giant Sports
(Delicious Protein)
November 13, 2014: Inner Armour Class Action Lawsuit (Mass Peak and Nitro Peak) — Update September 9, 2016: Case dismissed with prejudice
January 23, 2015: CytoSport Muscle Milk Family Lawsuit (note that this is not for spiking! It’s allegedly just under-dosed protein and not having L-Glutamine!)

I would rather buy a name brand such as PES, MTS, Cellucor, Animal that has a 3rd party COA or test to back their labels.
But to each their own
You just proved my point my man.... Whey and casein come from milk... So lets combine powdered milk with milk... I also posted how I used to drink protein powder with milk all the time in between meals, as I'm sure most guys on here do. After a couple years of that, I became lactose intolerant, having no history of it. It eventually went away, from avoiding dairy. If you get the right protein that's not filled with fillers and crap(like most brand names trying to make more money are) it tastes perfectly fine in water. Absorbs quicker too, right before a workout where it's the most beneficial.

Let me rephrase "brand name"
I mean the most popular that kids see in mags or on the net. Those are the ones that have already made it to the top. They don't really care if their products are 100%.

Why? Because their name is already established. What you want are products of the opposite.

Also I have been drinking almond and cashew milk for years, organic. Their delicious. So, do not assume I don't know that "all milk are sugars." Don't assume at all brother! Makes an ass out of you and me lol.

One more thing. If you want your protein to "taste good" and be a great product without extra crap, hard to find. I get 10lbs for 60bucks. 3 sources of protein, complete amino profile, and absolutely no extra ingredients. Like you said, to each there own. I'm just trying to say don't go for what's "popular" or "new" look around

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Giant Sports
(Delicious Protein)

But to each their own
I have never eaten for taste, only nutrition, and what's good for the body.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have never eaten for taste, only nutrition, and what's good for the body.
If that’s the case you realize how heavily processed protein powder is right? If you only eat what’s good for the body protein powder is at the bottom of the list, let alone it’s basically nutrient void.

Again most brand names that are selling as cheap as you are buying for and don’t provide a 3rd party COA or test is skeptical . Considering that company loses money selling protein at $6/lb. The raws cost more then that per pound. Red flag

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fast and slow are a great choice. But you don't need to waste money on brand name products. Also let us not forget real food is much, much more important. The second I stopped focusing on shakes and ate more protein from food, the better I felt and the gains came on. I say one shake a day before training. Your body wants/needs food. Not designer protein shakes. A shake is fine. Just don't over do it
Did I ever say real food is not important?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, i just kind of became tired of the Gold standard flavors, i only really like extreme milk chocolate

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently only have PES select and Man Sports Iso-Protein. These are delicious. I am about to finish finaflex clear protein.. but that one makes me gassy lol
How did you like the PES select? looks pretty good, kind of expensive, but i've never tried the casein/whey blend proteins

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's no real best protein as people have different taste as well as different price ranges. I rotate BPI, PES, and XF.
I agree, except for the old purus labs whey (when they still used the black containers). I picked up two tubs a while ago on sale, but it's so bad. I never bail on supplements, but i just couldn't take the taste and bad mixability anymore

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

If cost is not an issue:
Ghost Whey

Nutrabio

Cost Effective:
USP Labs

Isolate:
Allmax Isoflex (Choc PB)

Vegan:
PES Vegan (Choc is best)
AI No Whey (Pumpkin)
SAN Raw Fusion

Damn man, thanks for the post, i really appreciate the detail you always go into in your replies, just gonna print this list and keep it handy next time i order. I really like the dymatize iso, orange creamsicle is a good choice. I just wanted to change things up a bit. I'm trying three different flavors of cellucor now, so far so good

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn man, thanks for the post, i really appreciate the detail you always go into in your replies, just gonna print this list and keep it handy next time i order. I really like the dymatize iso, orange creamsicle is a good choice. I just wanted to change things up a bit. I'm trying three different flavors of cellucor now, so far so good
Check PM

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100% isolate.
Species, dymatize, nutrabio, man sports was rated pretty good to. Species, man, and nutrabio are very transparent with ingredients and tested. You can look up the 3rd Party results per batch on their website.

Stay away from the BSN, musclemilk, muscle tech bull****!!! It’s trash.
Haha yeah man, if i see muscletech i normally just start laughing and stay well away

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, i'm kind of off dairy products now after doctor's advice, so even though i love mixing protein with milk, those days are over now....:(

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If that’s the case you realize how heavily processed protein powder is right? If you only eat what’s good for the body protein powder is at the bottom of the list, let alone it’s basically nutrient void.

Again most brand names that are selling as cheap as you are buying for and don’t provide a 3rd party COA or test is skeptical . Considering that company loses money selling protein at $6/lb. The raws cost more then that per pound. Red flag
Lmao. I eat food man. Have a shake once a day. If that

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks my man, i'm definitely going to try PES after finishing cellucor

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Did I ever say real food is not important?
You did not. These kids think protein Shakes are the magical gateway to gains. I think we should reinforce the fact that real food is and will always be better than a shake to gain muscle.

Put down the shakes, pick up the forks.