Favorite Immune Booster

Voldyne

Awards
What is your “go to” favorite immune booster or combination therof, that you that you take when you are fighting off a cold virus?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your “go to” favorite immune booster or combination therof, that you that you take when you are fighting off a cold virus?
Extra Zinc+Vit C
And Tea, lots of tea

Voldyne

Awards
Extra Zinc+Vit C
And Tea, lots of tea
Yes, those are always a bonus. I also seem to have success using echinacea/goldenseal extract.

My PCP recently recommended black elderberry extract, and the research on that seems quite impressive to combat viral and bacterial infections. I used it the last time I got a cold and seemed to get over it a few days after. Always hard to tell if that would have been my natural course anyway.

I am currently fighting off a cold again and am utilizing the black elderberry extract syrup again, along with lots of vitamin-c and just my usual intake of zinc I get thru my multi as well as gut health. I should have picked up some zinc capsules too though.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll usually supplement in some ester-C to add along side my normal multi and i'm usually good to go.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Epicor- Best on the market IMO. Patented with human research. The stuff is cheap and majority effective. Increases macrophages, NK cells, mucusal barriers and acts a as a prebiotic.

Wellmune - another patented product with human research. Believe it is a betaglucan product.

AHCC - Over 800 published studies and the first go to for immune support in Japanese hospitals. Increases NK cells, and is used by many cancer patients. Also show to "eradicate the HPV virus." A little on the pricey side though.

Swanson sells a product called Wellcor- that is a blend of Epicor and Wellmune.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I just got this product had a cold going on I got from my son and this knocked it out. Something I will take low dose daily and increase dosage if I feel something coming on.

https://www.mrsupps.com/products/609/herp-rescue/

I thought the profile was pretty good.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin C, echinacea, lysine, probiotics, apple cider vinegar (with splash of lemon juice and honey), zinc and astragalus.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a cold for the last 3 days and using capsaicin heavily, 5 grams several times during the day. I usually get that pain in your ears with a cold, didn't get that and the cold has subsided.

Voldyne

Awards
Epicor- Best on the market IMO. Patented with human research. The stuff is cheap and majority effective. Increases macrophages, NK cells, mucusal barriers and acts a as a prebiotic.

Wellmune - another patented product with human research. Believe it is a betaglucan product.

AHCC - Over 800 published studies and the first go to for immune support in Japanese hospitals. Increases NK cells, and is used by many cancer patients. Also show to "eradicate the HPV virus." A little on the pricey side though.

Swanson sells a product called Wellcor- that is a blend of Epicor and Wellmune.
Wow...this all sound like great options. thank you!

Voldyne

Awards
Just saw all the other input from other people too. All sounds great!

cstallion

Awards
  • Established

I have a cold and am slamming these two concoctions to see if they help.

The green slimy **** is called “Dragon’s Breath”: garlic, ginger, jalapeño, lemon, cayenne and protective essential oils.

The orange **** is called “Bunny Love”: carrot, apple, ginger and lemon.

Hopefully this works!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probiotic-sportbiotic, gut health, glutamine- Millennium sport Glutamine 500 or 1000 tm (ajipure), Vit C, Mushrooms are a great choice.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ma Huang tea and Maral root tea, works every time

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1.) Olive Leaf Extract
2.) Colloidal Silver
3.) Extract Allicin (Garlic) or Raw, Crushed Garlic

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Probiotic-sportbiotic, gut health, glutamine- Millennium sport Glutamine 500 or 1000 tm (ajipure), Vit C, Mushrooms are a great choice.
Hmmm....mushrooms? I suppose trippin out would make you forget all about a pesky cough. I like it!