Epicatechin Powder, where to buy?

Bonoxofut

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm sure many of you guys have heard about the product. I've had only one chance to try it before, i.e, through **********, when it was still operating, and it worked wonder for me. I'm new to bodybuilding (1 year), and I just don't want to mess with my hormone just now. I have been searching on and off for the product, but I can only find suppliers from China. :(

I know there are some product out there, like Follidrone, and EpiCat. But they are a little pricey to me :( So, if anyone who knows a good/trustworthy supplier (even a Chinese one, as long as they can be trusted; but I do prefer some supplier other than Chinese), can you please recommend me please?

Thank you guys so much in advance, :X

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see what others have to say. I typically just go with follidrone or epi1c unleashed or some natty supp that has epicatechin in it.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Epi-plex by CEL seems to be the cheapest option from what ive seen.

Doesnt have much of other ingredients like the other products mentioned itt, but since you mentioned $ being the most important factor... and quite frankly, i think this other stuff you find in other products are not that much relevant anyway, but maybe someone can prove me wrong.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you know... you get what you pay for my friend. trust me .. you want the new Follidrone 2.0

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just get the FD2.0. You will be plenty satisfied.

Bonoxofut

Awards
Hi,

Thank you so much for your inputs. I really appreciate all your help. I've read some reviews on FD 2.0 sometime ago, and it seems awsome, but its price is like tons of money where I live. I'm still using Iphone 4 to make phone calls nowadays. :))

I really love bodybuilding, so, if there's no alternative, I'll definitely give FD 2.0 a go.

If you guys have any suggestions, or comments, please don't hesitate to post it. Every suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much, guys :X

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im sure you can pound the soy lethicin to get some effects similar to a pure powdered epi extract.

personally back in the day when I used the lethicin it tasted like chit.. not sure id bother.

there is always options. its just that some of those will likely cost you more in the long run than just saving up and grabbing a follidrone 2.

maybe ArA isn't as expensive where you live?? its a great product that will produce profound changes in your body.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just get the FD2.0. You will be plenty satisfied.
Agreed 100%. Like I said above that is what I typically go with and BLR is quality.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Epi plex is your best bet for quality and price on pure epicatechin

Voldyne

Awards
FD2 is the clear choice here...there is nothing gained by buying inferior products.
As far as value, there are 90 capsules per bottle of FD2 which gives you flexibility with the dosage. Most other (-)-epi products have 60 capsules per bottle. I have had success using only 2 capsule per day of FD2.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I’ve tried multiple epicatechin supplements. FD 2.0 not only has epi, but a top notch absorption package plus ecklonia cava and flos carth. You can usually find it on sale at board sponsors or direct from BLR also.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hands down Follidrone is the best choice. The original epicatechin product, Follidrone has been upgraded and now is so much more.

Yes you get epicatechin. We use a 99% green tea extracted epicatechin.
Plus the absorption enhancement so you absorb much more of it making the epicatechin more effective.

Of course you also have-
Ecklonia cava which is I think a better anabolic and fat burner than epicatechin by far.
Flos carth which, like epicatechin and ecklonia is a myostatin inhibitor and anti inflammatory agent.
And
We have the unique quercetin niacin co crystals. Quercetin is amazing stuff but orally only about 1% is absorbed. This means basically 0% of current quercetin products are working. Except ours. By binding the quercetin molecules to niacin we increase its absorption up to about 60%. This stuff is a fantastic performance enhancer. Improved vo2max, strength, endurance.

You can't go wrong.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, many great recommendations mentioned from reputable companies. If you are looking for pure epi, then CEL EPIPLEX is the way to go. It’s a no prop blend of epi so you know exactly how much you are getting.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to throw out Ep1logue as an alternative, seeing as it's a full 600mg of phytofused (-)-epicatechin per serving (phytofuse increases bioavailability and absorption). That's a bigger dose than you'll find anywhere else, at least to my knowledge. Also paired with Urolithin B, which is a natural anabolic, and Vaso-6 to increase pump.

HOWEVER, if money is that tight, I don't know if I'd recommend any (-)-epi supplement. They can be helpful, and worth it if you have some disposable income, but if you're on that tight of a budget, I might not spend the money on supplements at all. I don't think any of them will give enough of a boost that it's worth spending that high a percentage of your income on (I bring this up since you pointed out that you can't afford a phone).

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind if something is complexed it's only small percentage of the active. So it's 600 total. They can tell you for sure but it's probably 50%,or less actual epicatechin.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
A quick Google search showed Powder City as a source on Amazon but currently unavailable. VO2Maxima is right in that you shouldn't spend the money if your budget is tight. It's not worth the cost.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would go with Foli or CEL Epi. Both are great products.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind if something is complexed it's only small percentage of the active. So it's 600 total. They can tell you for sure but it's probably 50%,or less actual epicatechin.
Or if it's prop blended it's probabably a prop blend. FYI Heracles was the first epicatechin supplement and that goes to xtyler one of our formulators.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or if it's prop blended it's probabably a prop blend. FYI Heracles was the first epicatechin supplement and that goes to xtyler one of our formulators.
The real first Epi product. Too bad it went unnoticed. Came out just a few days before I left that company. Truth in labelling and full disclosure as always ;)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Follidrone 2.0! the best buy far.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As many mentioned CEL EPi-plex is typically the cheapest around (and open label so you can play with dosing just like a bulk powder).

One of the most important factors about any epicat supp is the amount you can actually absorb and use... most bulk will be poor quality extracts with no absorption enhancement meaning you more than likely would have to take insane amounts and still get at best the same effect. At that point you lose the cost effectiveness too.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
As many mentioned CEL EPi-plex is typically the cheapest around (and open label so you can play with dosing just like a bulk powder).

One of the most important factors about any epicat supp is the amount you can actually absorb and use... most bulk will be poor quality extracts with no absorption enhancement meaning you more than likely would have to take insane amounts and still get at best the same effect. At that point you lose the cost effectiveness too.
The same happened with creatine and carnitine until people realized most variants were pure marketing BS...

Its hard to take these "my product has better absorption rate" cases serious. You can never tell how effective/true these statements are and how much the extra $ is worth

Also, lots of "product X is the best option by far" reports without any scientific proof provided

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The same happened with creatine and carnitine until people realized most variants were pure marketing BS...

Its hard to take these "my product has better absorption rate" cases serious. You can never tell how effective/true these statements are and how much the extra $ is worth

Also, lots of "product X is the best option by far" reports without any scientific proof provided
there's no "extracts" for creatine or carnitine tho... thats the difference here and why I didn't base my statement on the absorption enhancement factor, but rather the absorption in general (i.e. the amount you take vs what is useful)... you can take green tea for the epi, but youll need kegs of it to get what a single dose of even a non absorption enhanced extract would yield.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
there's no "extracts" for creatine or carnitine tho... thats the difference here and why I didn't base my statement on the absorption enhancement factor, but rather the absorption in general (i.e. the amount you take vs what is useful)... you can take green tea for the epi, but youll need kegs of it to get what a single dose of even a non absorption enhanced extract would yield.
still any epicatechin product will provide the extract... if (-)-epi is on the label, its the extract, not plain green tea... so all these other compounds to improve bioavailability fall into what i was saying either way. am i wrong?

and afaik epi is highly bioavailable, so doesnt even matter...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
still any epicatechin product will provide the extract... if (-)-epi is on the label, its the extract, not plain green tea... so all these other compounds to improve bioavailability fall into what i was saying either way. am i wrong?

Bio available yes, but orally not at all. Unless you’re injecting it ha

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

You dont get what im saying..it may be labeled as (-)-epi but its really green tea and if the dont bother to test like many companies they would never know ;)

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You dont get what im saying..it may be labeled as (-)-epi but its really green tea and if the dont bother to test like many companies they would never know ;)
Yeah, that is true. I'm sure a lot of companies order epi from China and just cap it. Even worse when they try to find the lowest cost supplier.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i read that the studies where the benefits were found were done with oral administration though
What benefits? If you’re talking about the generic antioxidant type benefits that any catechin or green tea will provide, sure. But muscle building and the like? Not without much higher doses, quality extracts, and absorption help. I’ve seen oral absorption rates estimated at 4% or so... you’d need some mega doses at that rate

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
What benefits? If you’re talking about the generic antioxidant type benefits that any catechin or green tea will provide, sure. But muscle building and the like? Not without much higher doses, quality extracts, and absorption help. I’ve seen oral absorption rates estimated at 4% or so... you’d need some mega doses at that rate
No... im talking about the benefits someone working out would have. But i just read someone comment on the study a while ago tbh... so i cant really provide any links as evidence to back it up.

Either way, you seem to be exagerating the comparisons. I mean... from the brands being discussed in this thread, would you say there is that big of a difference?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No... im talking about the benefits someone working out would have. But i just read someone comment on the study a while ago tbh... so i cant really provide any links as evidence to back it up.

Either way, you seem to be exagerating the comparisons. I mean... from the brands being discussed in this thread, would you say there is that big of a difference?
Maybe we misunderstood each other ha. Not between the brands, no (at least not huge). But between bulk powder (even if it were decent) and any of the brands, quite a large one is what I was targeting. The thread was about buying bulks and everyone recommended against that in favor of various branded products.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards

i think there will be s massive difference between different epicatechin products with different bioenhancers!

i think the phytofuse from OL is the most scientifically backed and most effective out there or at least one of the most effective. dont know exactly how much evidence FD2.0 has behind its bioenhancer, maybe anyone has some papers to look it up? because there are VERY much FD2.0 lovers out there like i see =) maybe i should give it a try after my ep1logue and massacr3 cycle

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oral epicatechin is actually not terribly low absorption. Many of the studiesnwe rely on to validate efficacy are oral including the 1 that shows 200mg orally increases follistatin 250% after days.
Absorption enhancement does help though. Our absorption package is fantastic. I'll post some research later. We use 3 ingredients to ensure you absorb as much as possible.
But then also remember Follidrone 2.0 is not just epicatechin.
Ecklonia cava is, I think, even better than epicatechin.
Flos carthami is a great myostatin inhibitor like epi and ecklonia.
And the quercetin niacin co crystals not only enhance absorption but increase performance. Wicked stuff.
Plus the gda properties of ecklonia are insane. Many guys can eat over maintenance and still lose body fat.

Absorption data to follow

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Oral epicatechin is actually not terribly low absorption. Many of the studiesnwe rely on to validate efficacy are oral including the 1 that shows 200mg orally increases follistatin 250% after days.
Absorption enhancement does help though. Our absorption package is fantastic. I'll post some research later. We use 3 ingredients to ensure you absorb as much as possible.
And the quercetin niacin co crystals not only enhance absorption but increase performance. Wicked stuff.
Plus the gda properties of ecklonia are insane. Many guys can eat over maintenance and still lose body fat.

tbh that sounds very impressive. im reading the whole FD2.0 thread currently, i see, there are really not much people not likening it! also on the internet i found only positive feedback, thats very unique nowadays!

im looking forward to the papers, really interested in the data :)

and in regards of absorption of epi - i meant that there is or can be a big difference in the efficiency of the various bioenhancers on the market. so maybe one 200mg product is like 800mg and another 200mg is like 400mg because the first one has 4x its bioavailability and the second one is only 2x more bioavailable because its enhancer is not as good. i hope this is understanable in any way

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tbh that sounds very impressive. im reading the whole FD2.0 thread currently, i see, there are really not much people not likening it! also on the internet i found only positive feedback, thats very unique nowadays!

im looking forward to the papers, really interested in the data :)

and in regards of absorption of epi - i meant that there is or can be a big difference in the efficiency of the various bioenhancers on the market. so maybe one 200mg product is like 800mg and another 200mg is like 400mg because the first one has 4x its bioavailability and the second one is only 2x more bioavailable because its enhancer is not as good. i hope this is understanable in any way
You make perfect sense.
There is of course differences but how much? That's the question and unfortunately i don't have an answer. I can, however, post up data validating our absorption enhancement package and let you decide.
Also there is a point of saturation with epicatechin. More isn't always better.
It's not about total dose.
It's about total amount absorbed. With Follidrone 2.0 we ensure that absorption is maxed out. Our absorption enhancement package is overkill.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I've been on Follidrone 2.0 about a week probably UNDER maintenance cal and am hungry as a mofo. So something is going on for sure.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on Follidrone 2.0 about a week probably UNDER maintenance cal and am hungry as a mofo. So something is going on for sure.
Does this for me as well.
I get super hungry. Can be good and bad depending on your goals.

I ran Foll with Letrone recently and Letrone really increases Ghrelin. It was impossible not to eat.....It was worse than GHRPs for me.
I gained back some weight I had lost though which is nice.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've taken CELS version, and I can't say I noticed much in comparison to OL EP1C TD and FD2.

I actually noticed better leaning out on EP1C TD, tho better endurance and libido on FD2.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
I've taken CELS version, and I can't say I noticed much in comparison to OL EP1C TD and FD2.

I actually noticed better leaning out on EP1C TD, tho better endurance and libido on FD2.
Not sure if you are saying CELS doesnt even compare to the other two, or the difference between them is minimal.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if you are saying CELS doesnt even compare to the other two, or the difference between them is minimal.
It doesn't compare.

I don't even recall any major endurance benefits.

I'm sure it was ok, but clearly nothing too positive that left a mark in my mind.

But it's much cheaper, and solo ingredient.

Bonoxofut

Awards
Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for the late reply. I'm a Math teacher, and it's the end of mid term here. We just have so many things to do. :((((((

Thank you very much for all of your information. I have read all of it, each and every reply in this topic. All of your help is much appreciated.

I don't have an Iphone X, or the newest Samsung, because, to me, it's just a phone. And I only use phones to set up an alarm clock, or to make phone calls, or to send texts, or use some pretty much simple apps. And, an Iphone 4 could handle all those tricks neatly. So, well, I don't need a better version, just for now. But, when it comes to my hobby, I can pay some extra money for it. We all only live once, right. :D

So, I decide to give F.D2 and also CEL EPIPLEX a try. They are pretty much in the affordable price zone for my hobbies (yah, kind of :)) ). But, I just wanna ask you guys 2 things:

+ What are the dose that you guys take for the 2 products above to have an effect to some degree?
+ And, do you know any stores, or do you have any discount codes that can lower the price.

Honestly, when reading about the PhytoFUSE in EP1LOGUE, I found it quite interesting, but $70 for a bottle is damn expensive. :((((((( Is making money that easy these days. :(((((((((((

Thank you very much, guys,

If you guys still have any recommendations, please don't hesitate to post. Thank you very much in advance, :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks like Dps for the Epi-plex. They always have at least 10% off and often 15% or more.

As for dosing, that’s personal to some extent. Some people are fine with the minimum recommended dose, others enjoy it higher. That’s the nice thing with Eli-plex is that you can dose at whatever level since it’s open label and single ingredient.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Ep1logue does not cost 70$, there are several people with 30% coupon codes for the OL homepage. i remember only one, and thats the one from muscle players, i think its MP30 but you can check it up on youtube or maybe IG. and all other shops sell it already cheaper but dont have a coupon code afaik. just for your information, you wont have to pay 70$.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get all your needs from Nutriverse. Call to place your order as they just had a massive store update and online transactions may still be down. Calling also can lead to quite a hookup as well! Pm their site rep Volvo and he can help get you squared away.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Epi-plex by CEL seems to be the cheapest option from what ive seen.

Doesnt have much of other ingredients like the other products mentioned itt, but since you mentioned $ being the most important factor... and quite frankly, i think this other stuff you find in other products are not that much relevant anyway, but maybe someone can prove me wrong.
Thats pretty much i was gonna say .. most co are adding 200-300mg per dosing / 30 servings .. epi-plex gives u 300mg/60 servings and no other garbage in it

$30 for 18G packed :)