Arimistane verdict?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From reading online on forums and such, I've been getting a lot of conflicting info about arimistane. Some say it lowers e2 and other say it doesn't. Some supposedly have bloods to prove it doesn't.
I've never tried it myself.

So... If arimistane does not lower e2, how does it cause dry joints and how does it help ppl to lean out? And on what research has arimistane been proved to be an suicidal ai in the first ace?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Without looking into any ariticles based off of memory arministane is a metabolite of 7 keto dhea... verdict on this board is that is has no effect on estro... it is effective at cortisol control which leads to the joint pain

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Without looking into any ariticles based off of memory arministane is a metabolite of 7 keto dhea... verdict on this board is that is has no effect on estro... it is effective at cortisol control which leads to the joint pain
Just ordered one bottle of it. Will do bloods with a higher dose, to prove/disprove it for my self.

As far as cortisol goes, I think it controls inflammation. But how quickly would joints start to hurt from low cortisol, if at all, is the question then.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
High dose is > 75mg, IMO.

I preferred it at 50mg, if I remember correctly. Wouldn't mind picking up some more.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like the diuretic effect and the cortisol control. I have a TD arimistane product from Nos Labs that I’m going to use at some point. I really wonder how much more effective it is transdermally. Could be much much more effective. I like arimistane because it makes me leaner, drier and more vascular. 50 mg gave me crazy amounts of energy with no joint pain. So much energy I had trouble sleeping but felt so good. 75 mg leaned me out more but made me lethargic and gave me joint pain. I think 50 is my sweet spot

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
No clinical data is able to support arimistane, unfortunately. But speaking anecdotally.. it does work at the right dose which is dependent on the person. As stated above ^ I believe the diuretic effect is what creates the leanness that may users see although the e2 lowering makes sense based on users feedback on joint pain.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could care less about the overall estrogen effect.....the stuff flat out leans you out quickly, the appearance in the mirror changes and that's what I like to use it for

now if your going into pct, then maybe it's not for you but for someone like me, it's great

bb333

Awards
  • Established
No clinical data is able to support arimistane, unfortunately. But speaking anecdotally.. it does work at the right dose which is dependent on the person. As stated above ^ I believe the diuretic effect is what creates the leanness that may users see although the e2 lowering makes sense based on users feedback on joint pain.
But I did not understand this diuretic effect, eliminates the water "extracellular", or "intracellular"? or both?
When I take arimistane, I empty myself too much! why?
Do I have to supplement potassium and magnesium to compensate?

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
But I did not understand this diuretic effect, eliminates the water "extracellular", or "intracellular"? or both?
When I take arimistane, I empty myself too much! why?
Do I have to supplement potassium and magnesium to compensate?
I wouldn't look THAT far into it as it shouldn't create any kind of electrolyte deficiency at the doses we use. As far as whether the diuretic effect is intracelluar/extracelluar, the jury is out because this isn't even the supposed effect that arimistane is marketed for.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I could care less about the overall estrogen effect.....the stuff flat out leans you out quickly, the appearance in the mirror changes and that's what I like to use it for

now if your going into pct, then maybe it's not for you but for someone like me, it's great
Speaking for my self; no, not for pct, just as mild ai for slight e2 control for what ever reason.

If arimistane has such a huge effect on your body, well... I do doubt that this is all cortisol. And if you also experience loss of bf, there must be some e2 control happening. The only other reason would be, if your cortisol was high through out the day all the time. This would make losing bf hard, but lowering cortisol would help a lot.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I run Sustain Alpha year round, so that is what keeps me from using arimistane. If I could be guaranteed that it has no effect on E2, I'd run it along side. Might be time to experiment.

From memory, I remember an increase in libido, erection quality, and definitely dry joints. I can't recall if I saw any leaning, but I Probably haven't run any in four years or so.

Voldyne

Awards
Even though it may not do what we once thought it did in terms of it being an AI, I prefer it to DHAA without hesitation. I think it yields infinitely better aesthetic results and my libido likes it better as well.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just ordered one bottle of it. Will do bloods with a higher dose, to prove/disprove it for my self.

As far as cortisol goes, I think it controls inflammation. But how quickly would joints start to hurt from low cortisol, if at all, is the question then.
That would be great info. Keep us informed.

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
It didn't do anything to my e2 and my joints hurt like crazy, especially my elbows when dosing at 100 mg. I will admit it does give me a leaner look tho

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
question, for anyone dosing at 100mg.....do you guys not experience the same leaning effect at 25 or 50mgs? I don't see a point going over 50mg when leaning out is the goal

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
Sorry no, I was taking it alongside ostarine and had sensitive nips during the cycle.
I was under the impression that it would have been enough of an AI to prevent the e2 rise while on ostarine but in my case it wasnt

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry no, I was taking it alongside ostarine and had sensitive nips during the cycle.
I was under the impression that it would have been enough of an AI to prevent the e2 rise while on ostarine but in my case it wasnt
I'm not an expert on gyno but isn't nolva used for it? An ai will prevent any further e2 being created but a serm will prevent any further binding at the nipple. No?

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
negative I had the same problem when running ostarine. I figured arimistane would be adequate but it's not. So exemestane is your better bet...

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
I prefer to use nolva for pct. The arimistane was to control any slight e2 rise while on sarms but apparently its garbage.

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
Yea I switched to exemestane and I'm good as gold

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to use nolva for pct. The arimistane was to control any slight e2 rise while on sarms but apparently its garbage.
I feel it probably helps slightly cause it does get rid of water but it just doesn't work as well as exemestane or something of that sort...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well as far as I see it, if joint pain is due to low cortisol or if it's due to low e2... both options are good to have. I mean if arimistane is actually so powerfull so that it can crash cortisol, then wow, that also sounds great.

For instance, I've tried sns reduce xt and it didn't do much or anything for cortisol.

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
Hmmm, I dont know man, dry joints and sensitive nips send mixed messages

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Well as far as I see it, if joint pain is due to low cortisol or if it's due to low e2... both options are good to have. I mean if arimistane is actually so powerfull so that it can crash cortisol, then wow, that also sounds great.

For instance, I've tried sns reduce xt and it didn't do much or anything for cortisol.
how do you say it with certainty?

Voldyne

Awards

Are you saying you confirmed reduce XT was not affective through bloodwork?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you saying you confirmed reduce XT was not affective through bloodwork?
I took it for two weeks (3 pills a day). Before bloods took it before bed, bloods next day at 9 am. Sleep quality and stress was app the same as the before test.

Don't know for how long it should act, what's the half life of the two ingredients. Maybe I should have taken it right before the test? In any case, this is only morning cortisol. So you be the judge of the whole thing...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From reading online on forums and such, I've been getting a lot of conflicting info about arimistane. Some say it lowers e2 and other say it doesn't. Some supposedly have bloods to prove it doesn't.
I've never tried it myself.

So... If arimistane does not lower e2, how does it cause dry joints and how does it help ppl to lean out? And on what research has arimistane been proved to be an suicidal ai in the first ace?
It can drop cortisol too much which can cause joint issues. Like others have mentioned in this thread, a lot of the evidence is anecdotal. Personally, I love Arimistane. I can use 50-100 mg which joint issues. After that. I get issues. I love how it dries me out. I am vascular and pretty lean already, but adding arimistane dries me out even more. That is the one thing I miss, it used to be in AlphaMax. Although AlphaMax XT is better, I miss that single ingredient.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It can drop cortisol too much which can cause joint issues. Like others have mentioned in this thread, a lot of the evidence is anecdotal. Personally, I love Arimistane. I can use 50-100 mg which joint issues. After that. I get issues. I love how it dries me out. I am vascular and pretty lean already, but adding arimistane dries me out even more. That is the one thing I miss, it used to be in AlphaMax. Although AlphaMax XT is better, I miss that single ingredient.
Alphamax xt also exploded my veins all over. I got veins at places I didn't even know I had them lol

It also significantly boosted my free T levels. Into supraphisiological levels actually... It also raised my e2 levels though. From 22 to 35. One day, e2 was realy strangly high at 90. Next day, at 35. No idea what happend there. Also I think DHAA doesnt do much for e2 or it's half life is extremly short.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am also a fan of Arimistane. I take between 50-75 with no joint issues, just a dryer look. I bought some bottles of Eradicate for almost nothing at Nutraplanet, was something like 15$ for 90 caps

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It lowers cortisol very well. But E2 it will lower only very slightly

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, finally got arimistane. My plan is simple, dose it high enough until I start feeling sides, then go take an e2 test. If e2 is tanked or really really low, that means it's working. If e2 is in a range that shoudn't produce such sides, then it's not working.

Just need some advice on how to dose, as I want to start low, then start bumping until I feel sides. How many days do you think I should wait until I increase the dose? For instance: start with 50mg ed and bump it up by 25mg after...? And the increase by 25mg after... ?

All hail the god of broscience!

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
75 mgs daily is normal. This is awesome you are posting bloods. I think it lowers e2 vary little but does lower so its an AI

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
75mg 2 weeks
100mg 2 weeks
Oh, that would take looong time, till I would get results. I think I'll do it a bit quicker :) bump it up by 25 two times a week. Start with 50, then 75 on saturday, then 100 on moday, etc.

I mean, if this really is a tipe 1 ai, then it should't take so long to do it's job...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okey, 3 days of 75mg and am starting to crack all over the place. Will up to 100mg today and do a test next week.

Dang, my right middle finger, that I kinda damaged in a fight a couple of years ago is a bit swolen and in pain again, can't fully close my fist. I kinda really doubt all of this is due to low e2...

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe I missed it, but did you do pre-arimistane blood work?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Okey, 3 days of 75mg and am starting to crack all over the place. Will up to 100mg today and do a test next week.

Dang, my right middle finger, that I kinda damaged in a fight a couple of years ago is a bit swolen and in pain again, can't fully close my fist. I kinda really doubt all of this is due to low e2...
That would make sense as we can assume your cortisol is decreased, so inflammation is bound to increase..

Either way, subbed to see your bloodwork!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
In to see the bloods.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe I missed it, but did you do pre-arimistane blood work?
No, I did not. I did do it 3 weeks ago and it was 35 but and this is a big but, I am on alphamax xt at the moment and had some weird blood work.

One mornig my e2 was 90 and next day it was 35. The first test was done with alpha being taken the day before and the next one I took alpha 2h before the test in the am. Before alpha e2 was 22. All this is range 11 - 44. Then I kinda panicked and started taki g dex at 25mg eod. Now I'm taking dex at 12.5 eod. Im tappering of to se how aromasin works.

So not much sense in doing prebloods. This is why Im just adjusting the dose of aromasin until I really start to feel sides and then test.

Cortisol was one morning 390 and the next was 460.

Pasting this from "Products bloodwork" topic where I posted bloods for the alphamax cycle:

Adding my results to this great thread. It's from Alphamax XT, dosed at 4 pills a day. Found it really worked great. My free T skyrocketed, but so did my e2.

Pree bloods:

TSH: 3.31 - (0.27 - 4.2 mIU/L)
Total T: 24 - (8,64 - 29 nmol/L)
Free T: 44,6 (31 - 94 nmol/L)
Estradiol: 22 (11 - 44 ng/L)
DHEA: 11,2 (4,6 - 16,1 umol/L)
FSH: 1.85 (0.95 - 11.95 IU/L)
LH: 2.92 (0.57 - 12.07 IU/L)

Bloods after 3 weeks (Alpha was taken the day before bloods, bloods done in the AM):

e2: 30 ng/L ref range 11 - 44
VitD: 30,2 ug/L ref range > 30
Cortisol: 390 (101 - 535)
Free T: 18.5 (7.0 - 22.7)
SHBG 62 (14.5 - 94.6)
Totall T: 7ng/dl (1.65 - 7.53)
S-TSH: 2.33 (0.35 - 4.94 mIU/L)
LH: 2.78 (0.57 - 12.07)
FSH: 1.98
Prolactin: 11 (3.5 - 19.4 ug/L)

Bloods after 6 weeks (Alpha was taken the day before bloods at 20:00, bloods done in the AM):

LH: 3.40 (0.57 - 12)
Cortisol: 440 (101 - 535)
e2: 90 ng/L (11 - 44)

Bloods after 6 weeks. This are next day results, as the abnormally high e2 number got me scared. This time Alpha was taken 2 hours before the test at 7AM, test was 9AM:

e2 = 35 ng/L (11-44)
Free T: 30 pg/ml (range: 7 - 22.7)

To add some context to my results:
Age early 30s.
With the start of the "cycle" I was ending my cut and started to transition into a bulk. I was in a cut for a long long time (6 months) with a week or two of recomp kcal in between. Lot's of stress, little sleep all the time, now and then. At the 3rd week of Alpha I added MK677 at 20mg ed. Also tried SNS Reduce XT at week 3 through to week 6. It didn't do anything to my morning cortisol, so I stopped using it.
Started using an Ai (dex) after week 6 at 0.25mg eod. Now I'm trying out Arimistane, bumping up the dosage until I start feeling sides, then I will do a test to see if Arimistane actually works or not, once and for all lol

Any comments on my results and findings would be appreciated. I was quite surprised to see my free T levels being in supra-physiological levels from an OTC test booster.

Also adding my MK677 results:

Before: 170 ug/L (88 - 246)
3 weeks after 20mg ed. Test was done in the AM, 20 hours after last dose of MK.
After: 230 ug/L (88 - 246)

I was surprised to see my baseline igf to be so high, in spite of the high amounts of stress and no sleep I have been living with for the past 2 - 3 years. Maybe Alphamax xt raised them, as I was 3 weeks on it at the time of the first test?

jesusnavas

Awards
I think i crashed my cortisol due.to.the armistane
Is there any way to recover it...i wake up pretty crap...stopped taking 4.days ago. Still waking.up.crap thanks

ToTaLShaFf

Awards
Same thing here , give it a few more days and ull feel better

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Ripped_warrior Anabolics 5
cristiano88 Supplements 15
Anabolics 8
bell1986 Supplements 32