Injectable b12?

A

AMS

Awards
Hi yall!
Does anyone know a good trusted site where I can get injectable b12?

Thanks

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why are you looking for that? Most get from pharmacies or specialized companys

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Prescribed by a doctor if deficit. What's the goal here?

A

AMS

Awards
The goal here is for energy and battling fatigue. Amazon sells animal grade injectable b12, not human grade.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The goal here is for energy and battling fatigue. Amazon sells animal grade injectable b12, not human grade.
Self medicating?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
B12 doesn't give you energy

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
B12 doesn't give you energy
Huh? This is exactly why people use it. B12 deficiency produces fatigue and low energy. It helps the body more efficiently produce "energy"

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Huh? This is exactly why people use it. B12 deficiency produces fatigue and low energy. It helps the body more efficiently produce "energy"
If you are deficient it can help release energy from food, but B12 itself does not give energy - the whole "B vitamins give me energy" thing is very misrepresented

M

moebrane9

Awards
B-12 deficiency can mimic MS symptoms, extreme cases CNS meltdown.
I take an injectable just because, some don't absorb well through diet.
I also get mine from "for racehorses" vet site

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are deficient it can help release energy from food, but B12 itself does not give energy - the whole "B vitamins give me energy" thing is very misrepresented
I get that but if you've never injected vitamin b12 then you wouldn't know how it works. Its nothing like taking b vitamins orally.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I get that but if you've never injected vitamin b12 then you wouldn't know how it works. Its nothing like taking b vitamins orally.
I know exactly how B12 works, lol.

That doesn't mean it all of a sudden gives you an energy boost, or change the function of B12. I eat a lot of meat, but still get tired and exhausted, yet my b12 is well within range in every single blood test.

I don't eat meat then all of a sudden get an energy boost. That's not how it works.

If OP is going to start self medicating, he best be sure that B12 is what underpins his symptoms

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is best for energy?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know exactly how B12 works, lol.

That doesn't mean it all of a sudden gives you an energy boost, or change the function of B12. I eat a lot of meat, but still get tired and exhausted, yet my b12 is well within range in every single blood test.

I don't eat meat then all of a sudden get an energy boost. That's not how it works.

If OP is going to start self medicating, he best be sure that B12 is what underpins his symptoms
Well I agree that its not going to fix any underlying issue. But it does give a boost, increase appetite and better converts food to energy. If your familiar with it then you would have experienced that much. Have you injected it before?

I'm guessing if Op is looking for it he's familiar at least with how it works. I could be wrong though and def wouldn't recommend self medicating.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What is best for energy?
There's nothing wrong with using B12, but don't expect a sudden surge of energy like what you'd expect from caffeine or anything like that. Most meat eaters aren't going to be deficient in the vitamin unless they eat meat very infrequently.

Constant tiredness, lethargy, exhaustion etc are like a symptom of life and so many things can contribute.

What kind of energy are you after? Stimulation? Or just to not feel like death

A

AMS

Awards
I have injected it before and it helped drastically for energy. It just happens to be where I lived temporarily, you could walk into any pharmacy and ask for b12 and they give it to you, no questions asked.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have injected it before and it helped drastically for energy. It just happens to be where I lived temporarily, you could walk into any pharmacy and ask for b12 and they give it to you, no questions asked.
The vetinarian stuff is the same thing

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well I agree that its not going to fix any underlying issue. But it does give a boost, increase appetite and better converts food to energy. If your familiar with it then you would have experienced that much. Have you injected it before?

I'm guessing if Op is looking for it he's familiar at least with how it works. I could be wrong though and def wouldn't recommend self medicating.
The same people who get a boost from B vitamin drinks like berrocca will prob find benefit, but that is not how they work. They aren't stimulants or anything like that.

They help release energy from food among a wide range of other things (and just as a side note, the reason there is such a broad spectrum of b vitamins arises more from a designation error than being grouped by function)

Also as an fyi, compensated supplementation of oral b12 is just as effective for rectifying deficiency as injectable.

If you inject with a form like adebosyncobalamin, then sure it might impact energy, but it still has to do with energy production similar to what you get through food.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The same people who get a boost from B vitamin drinks like berrocca will prob find benefit, but that is not how they work. They aren't stimulants or anything like that.

They help release energy from food among a wide range of other things (and just as a side note, the reason there is such a broad spectrum of b vitamins arises more from a designation error than being grouped by function)

Also as an fyi, compensated supplementation of oral b12 is just as effective for rectifying deficiency as injectable.

If you inject with a form like adebosyncobalamin, then sure it might impact energy, but it still has to do with energy production similar to what you get through food.
Exactly, its not like injecting cocaine where you get an energy rush lol its more of an overall sense of well being where your body is working more efficiently. I can't say that the oral does or doesn't work the same but I don't believe it does. I'm talking about real world experience not what's on paper.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's nothing wrong with using B12, but don't expect a sudden surge of energy like what you'd expect from caffeine or anything like that. Most meat eaters aren't going to be deficient in the vitamin unless they eat meat very infrequently.

Constant tiredness, lethargy, exhaustion etc are like a symptom of life and so many things can contribute.

What is the best stim you have used.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Exactly, its not like injecting cocaine where you get an energy rush lol its more of an overall sense of well being where your body is working more efficiently. I can't say that the oral does or doesn't work the same but I don't believe it does. I'm talking about real world experience not what's on paper.
I'm definitely not against the idea of it, or even using it. But for the majority of people without a deficiency, it could be money better spent elsewhere. I tend to avoid 'real world experience' because even the best of us are subject to placebo. The mind is remarkable in that using products marketed to cure ailments can actually result in physical manifestations. While people may argue that the product then is a success, and based on real world results it would be, it also isn't actually the product.

There are examples of this with MSG, oral steroids etc, noted here below:

how placebos work is still not quite understood, but it involves a complex neurobiological reaction that includes everything from increases in feel-good neurotransmitters, like endorphins and dopamine, to greater activity in certain brain regions linked to moods, emotional reactions, and self-awareness. All of it can have therapeutic benefit. "The placebo effect is a way for your brain to tell the body what it needs to feel better," says Kaptchuk.

And further here:
A 2014 study led by Kaptchuk and published in Science Translational Medicine explored this by testing how people reacted to migraine pain medication. One group took a migraine drug labeled with the drug's name, another took a placebo labeled "placebo," and a third group took nothing. The researchers discovered that the placebo was 50% as effective as the real drug to reduce pain after a migraine attack.

The researchers speculated that a driving force beyond this reaction was the simple act of taking a pill. "People associate the ritual of taking medicine as a positive healing effect," says Kaptchuk. "Even if they know it's not medicine, the action itself can stimulate the brain into thinking the body is being healed."

based on things like this, especially as it revolves around a subjective measure, placebo can work for improving markers of mood simply because it is placebo.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I only like to use small doses of caffeine rather than a stim cocktail these days; especially when I have a lot of admin work to get through.

I'll only smash back stims if i'm going to do something that requires faster reactions - like paintball, airsoft, snowboarding and gaming.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm definitely not against the idea of it, or even using it. But for the majority of people without a deficiency, it could be money better spent elsewhere. I tend to avoid 'real world experience' because even the best of us are subject to placebo. The mind is remarkable in that using products marketed to cure ailments can actually result in physical manifestations. While people may argue that the product then is a success, and based on real world results it would be, it also isn't actually the product.

There are examples of this with MSG, oral steroids etc, noted here below:

how placebos work is still not quite understood, but it involves a complex neurobiological reaction that includes everything from increases in feel-good neurotransmitters, like endorphins and dopamine, to greater activity in certain brain regions linked to moods, emotional reactions, and self-awareness. All of it can have therapeutic benefit. "The placebo effect is a way for your brain to tell the body what it needs to feel better," says Kaptchuk.

And further here:
A 2014 study led by Kaptchuk and published in Science Translational Medicine explored this by testing how people reacted to migraine pain medication. One group took a migraine drug labeled with the drug's name, another took a placebo labeled "placebo," and a third group took nothing. The researchers discovered that the placebo was 50% as effective as the real drug to reduce pain after a migraine attack.

The researchers speculated that a driving force beyond this reaction was the simple act of taking a pill. "People associate the ritual of taking medicine as a positive healing effect," says Kaptchuk. "Even if they know it's not medicine, the action itself can stimulate the brain into thinking the body is being healed."

based on things like this, especially as it revolves around a subjective measure, placebo can work for improving markers of mood simply because it is placebo.
I agree about it not being any kind of cure all. I am familiar with how placebo works and can tell you its not a placebo lol that would be like saying oral trest is the same as injectable trest. Any difference felt is a placebo because its the same compound. The way its administered does play a role in its effectiveness. That's why they have an injectable version that the doctor prescribes rather than taking orally.

I think were on the same page, it can be used for a boost. It won't give you any type of stimulant type of energy. It won't treat any underlying issue/cause of any problem if there is a defficiency. Really not trying to go back and forth. Really just wanted to know if you've ever used it because ultimately real world experience is what matters to most people imo. Not just some answer of what it should or shouldn't be on paper, though I believe that aspect is important as well.

A

AMS

Awards
I remember when I stacked ECA, or when i ran cle n and another time when I was running sust, everyone my body heated up or when I had anxiety, I used to get that sever prickly feeling all over my body. The only way to get rid of it was to start sweating, which is a gruesome process or to jump in a cold shower or go out in the winter shirtless for a few mins. the doctor i went to siad it was a nerve issue and prescribed to me b12. With the 2nd Injection it was gone.