Beta-Alanine Free Pre-Workout

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for a good pre-workout, but everytime I take or have taken Beta-Alanine I get that really nasty stinging feeling which ends up ruining my workout.
So I'm looking for a good pre-workout without Beta-Alanine in it. Preferably low-mod stim and with good focus and some strength power enhancers in it.

Thank you
Reps on offer

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for a good pre-workout, but everytime I take or have taken Beta-Alanine I get that really nasty stinging feeling which ends up ruining my workout.
So I'm looking for a good pre-workout without Beta-Alanine in it. Preferably low-mod stim and with good focus and some strength power enhancers in it.

Thank you
Reps on offer
A few that I've tried and enjoyed:

PES Prolific
Olympus labs Reign
MAN Sports Gameday

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could use NootropiMax as a low stim option. It is a Nootropic product, but can definitely be used as a pre workout. A single cap will give you a moderate dose of caffeine, 175 mg, and give you the focus you need for your workout.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Damn! 300mg of caffeine in Re1gn PLUS extra stims!
How hard do the stims actually kick you? And how does the energy feel, like is it clean or more explosive/potentially jittery?
Honestly I've taken 2.5 scoops and haven't been jittery. It's actually really smooth. Much smoother than you'd expect from that many stims. And I'm not stim sensitive but I'm not overly stim tolerant. And I mean if the full serving is too much stim for you then you can always do 1.5 scoops instead of 2. The pump is pretty outstanding with Reign also. It's probably my favorite pre workout and I've tried just about every single pre without Beta Alanine (I can't stand BA at all, it ruins my workouts entirely from the stupid tingles). Hope that helps man!

Voldyne

Awards
Damn! 300mg of caffeine in Re1gn PLUS extra stims!
How hard do the stims actually kick you? And how does the energy feel, like is it clean or more explosive/potentially jittery?
If you are looking for lower stim than RE1GN, I would do Conquer Unleased. I like it better than RE1GN because I personally don’t like the affects of the Stim-X yohimbe-like alkaloids during a workout.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are looking for lower stim than RE1GN, I would do Conquer Unleased. I like it better than RE1GN because I personally don’t like the affects of the Stim-X yohimbe-like alkaloids during a workout.
There's also conq3r unleashed non stim version as well. Pump city.

Voldyne

Awards
There's also conq3r unleashed non stim version as well. Pump city.
I never tried that, I always liked my stims!
Seems like a lot of people want a stim free version of RE1GN as well..

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could use NootropiMax as a low stim option. It is a Nootropic product, but can definitely be used as a pre workout. A single cap will give you a moderate dose of caffeine, 175 mg, and give you the focus you need for your workout.
I'm in my 2nd week of NootropiMax now and all I've noticed from it is a slight sedative effect about 30 after I take it.

Honestly I've taken 2.5 scoops and haven't been jittery. It's actually really smooth. The pump is pretty outstanding with Reign also. It's probably my favorite pre workout
If I took half the dose I suppose I could just add/replace the extra Citrulline myself.
I've noticed that there's no Betaine in Re1gn either, is there any noticeable strength or focus boost from Re1gn?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thank you
Reps on offer
I ran into the same thing a while back. My go to....

1 scoop SNS Focus-XT
1-2 scoops SNS citrulline Malate
1 scoop SNS agmatine

If I’m feeling froggy now I’ll add Focus-XT in with one of my non stim preworkout. Very versatile product as I’ll also take it before my morning cardio with other ingredients like SNS yohimbine HCL to improve fat burning.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A few that I've tried and enjoyed:

PES Prolific
Olympus labs Reign
MAN Sports Gameday
I'd agree on the PES Prolific. I really like that pre by PES.

Voldyne

Awards
It helps with cognition and attention and gets enhanced in combination with caffeine. It's One of my favorite PWO ingredients.
Yes...it is one of mine as well. If I don’t use Quake on a particular day, I will always take a capsule of l-theanine along with any other PWO I use if it doesn’t already contain l-theanine.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all of the recommendations so far.
So budget and preference wise I'm down to either...
PES Prolific
Olympus Labs Re1gn
Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed

They've all got pure Citrulline, They've all got some form of pump matrix, They've all got some form of caffiene and They've all got some form of focus enhancement. So I suppose it comes down to the strength boosting effects...

In regards to strength boosting effects, which is better?
Betaine (Prolific)
Vaso 6 (Re1gn)
Creatinol-O-Phosphate (Conqu3r Unleashed)

Any chance of some Prolific samples please bdcc kbayne nattydisaster LiveToLift

Voldyne

Awards
Thanks for all of the recommendations so far.
So budget and preference wise I'm down to either...
PES Prolific
Olympus Labs Re1gn
Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed

They've all got pure Citrulline, They've all got some form of pump matrix, They've all got some form of caffiene and They've all got some form of focus enhancement. So I suppose it comes down to the strength boosting effects...

In regards to strength boosting effects, which is better?
Betaine (Prolific)
Vaso 6 (Re1gn)
Creatinol-O-Phosphate (Conqu3r Unleashed)

Any chance of some Prolific samples please bdcc kbayne nattydisaster LiveToLift
I would also toss Scivation Quake in the mix...no BA in there either...

I have never had Prolific...but I have had the others...

Seems the majority of people (including myself) are quite impressed with the added strength and endurance that RE1GN offers...you have to be ready to sweat though. CU and Quake are really not that far behind in terms of efficacy though...

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also toss Scivation Quake in the mix...no BA in there either...

Seems the majority of people (including myself) are quite impressed with the added strength and endurance that RE1GN offers...you have to be ready to sweat though.
I looked at Quake, just a tad out of my availability range.
How would you rate/compare the strength and focus effects from Re1gn and CU?

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Having used multiple tubs of both I would definitely say that Reign is significantly better all around. To be honest I would never go back to CU. Reign is comprehensive although I wish it came with 30 full servings instead of 20. But for me the slightly increased price per serving is worth it by far. I don't think you'll be disappointed in Reign although obviously I could be wrong. Hope that helps a little!

Voldyne

Awards
The easiest way to explain it is RE1GN does everything CU does except it is just a notch or two higher. The only reason I still prefer CU over RE1GN is entirely due to the the fact that I turn into a sweaty whore..

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Having used multiple tubs of both I would definitely say that Reign is significantly better all around. To be honest I would never go back to CU. Reign is comprehensive although I wish it came with 30 full servings instead of 20. But for me the slightly increased price per serving is worth it by far. I don't think you'll be disappointed in Reign although obviously I could be wrong. Hope that helps a little!
The easiest way to explain it is RE1GN does everything CU does except it is just a notch or two higher. The only reason I still prefer CU over RE1GN is entirely due to the the fact that I turn into a sweaty whore..
My only reservations in regards to Re1gn is the caffeine and stims. The closest I ever get to caffeine or a stimulant is my one or two cups of tea or coffee per day and I've been out of the pre-workout game for nearly a year now. I'm just worried it might kick too hard and I waste £40 ($54)

Voldyne

Awards
My only reservations in regards to Re1gn is the caffeine and stims. The closest I ever get to caffeine or a stimulant is my one or two cups of tea or coffee per day and I've been out of the pre-workout game for nearly a year now. I'm just worried it might kick too hard and I waste £40 ($54)
Some people would tell you to get RE1GN and work your way up in terms of dosing. You could do this, but you truly are striking me more as somebody that would be better suited to buy CU. It’s still a top notch PWO in my book..

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people would tell you to get RE1GN and work your way up in terms of dosing. You could do this, but you truly are striking me more as somebody that would be better suited to buy CU. It’s still a top notch PWO in my book..
Re1gn looks great, but I am leaning more towards CU. I just think Re1gn might hit too hard. And if I half dose it I'll only be getting half of the other ingredients too...meaning half the pump, half the focus and half of the strength boosting effects too. I'm reading a lot into both and reviews/write-ups seem great for both. Although, I do have a bottle of Ignit3 that I got for my birthday earlier this year. So I could add a cap or two of that if CU looses it's kick?

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
You could also see if anywhere will provide samples of each. Probably a long shot but worth it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I always bring it up but I force Max Out doesn't have BA in it and imo is a very complete preworkout

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could also see if anywhere will provide samples of each. Probably a long shot but worth it.
I've tagged some PES reps but had nothing back. I doubt Olympus Labs would send me any samples, as the last time I was going to order from their website shipping would have cost me £30 ($41).
I really wish UK retailers would stock US company samples, it'd make UK supp shopping so much better.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I always bring it up but I force Max Out doesn't have BA in it and imo is a very complete preworkout
I tried Max Out last year and didn't notice much from it to be honest. I didn't get anything from Rich Piana's Full As F*ck either.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried Max Out last year and didn't notice much from it to be honest. I didn't get anything from Rich Piana's Full As F*ck either.
Never took pianas

But the nitrates from max out are great imo and just having caffeine as the stim is a bonus in my book

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Never took pianas

But the nitrates from max out are great imo and just having caffeine as the stim is a bonus in my book
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what is the deal with Piana’s supplement company? Will they continue to turn out product?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for a strength boosting and focus enhancing pre-workout more than a pump focussed pre.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what is the deal with Piana’s supplement company? Will they continue to turn out product?
From what I've heard and seen Martyn Ford is going to carry the brand for now.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking for a strength boosting and focus enhancing pre-workout more than a pump focussed pre.

Max out has both strength and focus aspects in it....really a complete product

cstallion

Awards
  • Established

Ah, cool. I like him.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tagged some PES reps but had nothing back. I doubt Olympus Labs would send me any samples, as the last time I was going to order from their website shipping would have cost me £30 ($41).
I really wish UK retailers would stock US company samples, it'd make UK supp shopping so much better.
I can send you Prolific samples.

Some UK retailers also have them, depending on where you shop. :)

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Some UK retailers also have them, depending on where you shop. :)
bdcc If you could send me some Prolific samples to help me out that would be great. How do I go about sorting that out?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bdcc If you could send me some Prolific samples to help me out that would be great. How do I go about sorting that out?
If you email me I will see it quicker (comes through as an alert rather than me checking the forum). :)

[email protected]

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I would personally recommend prolific over CU. the first time I took prolific my focus was out of this world and I was in a really good mood. I chalked it up to the neurofactor in it. I think you have a good plan but I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the BPI Sports pre workouts. They have a couple without BA that I thought were pretty decent. Not a heavy kick from the stims either that I recall

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would personally recommend prolific over CU. the first time I took prolific my focus was out of this world and I was in a really good mood.
Well if Ben can get me some samples I'll let you know how I get on with it. Might leave a review for it too.

compan

compan

Awards
Max out has both strength and focus aspects in it....really a complete product
This, great for focus and energy IMO

It has 400mg of caffeine, you should feel something. Or are you referring to focus?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has 400mg of caffeine, you should feel something. Or are you referring to focus?
I was referring to any difference or feeing in regards to strength or focus increase.

Voldyne

Awards
I was referring to any difference or feeing in regards to strength or focus increase.
Personally, I was not a fan of Max Out. It is extremely over the top in terms of caffeine content for me. Also, the pumps were good, but they were the kind that made me just feel tight and I lost endurance. I eventually just tossed it out...

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Picture1.jpg

Big Shoutout to Ben from PES for sending me the Prolific samples...Not only that though, He also sent me a few samples of my favourite flavoured Select protein powder :D :D :D :D bdcc

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 158397

Big Shoutout to Ben from PES for sending me the Prolific samples...Not only that though, He also sent me a few samples of my favourite flavoured Select protein powder :D :D :D :D bdcc
My pleasure.

Let me know what you think. :)

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I was not a fan of Max Out. It is extremely over the top in terms of caffeine content for me. Also, the pumps were good, but they were the kind that made me just feel tight and I lost endurance. I eventually just tossed it out...
Wait wut? Slander on MaxOut????...and you tossed it, wut lol. This stuff is still in play with the heavyweights. Love this stuff...it's been out for what 4yrs now I think and still delivers everytime. 1 heaping scoop still to this day is enough for me, always keep MaxOut in my rotation. Picked a few up for $9.99 awhile ago due to tiny clumping. Everyone is different...I can see 400mg Caffeine being a bit much for people, but to me it's nice/clean smooth energy.

VT said Iforce is coming out with a new pre hopefully soon...knowing Iforce doesn't play games with their pre's i.e. Maximize Intense/Max Out, I can only imagine this one is going to be over the top.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My pleasure.

Let me know what you think. :)
My view on Prolific based on 2 scoops in 300ml of water and in a fasted state...

Taste 2/5 (Not really an important factor)
Not too bad and fairly easy to drink, not nasty by any means. I was hoping for more of an actual cotton candy/sweeter type taste, but I'll always go with profile and effectiveness over taste.

Mixability 5/5
Mixed perfectly. No clumping, no sediment, not grainy and really easy to drink.

Pump 4/5
Now it gets good, those 6 grams of pure form L-Citrulline really deliver. I took my Prolific around 30-40 minutes before my warm up sets and by my third warm up set my arms were solid.

Feeling&Focus 4/5
Focus and concentration are definitely on point here, the Citocoline and the two different forms of caffeine mix really shine. The inclusion of the slower acting caffeine malate kind of acts like a buffer to the faster acting caffeine anhydrous and makes for a really hightened but sustained energy release and focus. I wouldn't say it's laser focus but definitely very clear and powerful zoned in feel.
350mg of caffeine might sound like a lot, especially to somebody like me who hasn't taken any stims in a while and only drinks decaf coffee, but no jitters, no disorientation and no crash with an overall enhanced feeling.

Strength 3/5
Nothing major but I definitely felt and stronger and bust out more reps than usual. This is either psychological from the Cognizin, physcal from the Betaine or from a mixture of the two.

Price N/A
Not worth a review score as it'll depend on where you live and order from. Obviously cheaper in the US than over here in the UK.

Other Notes
I felt more aggressive and Ronnie Coleman'ed during my workouts with Prolific. I don't know what causes this as there's nothing in the profile that would create/enhance an alpha type feel but damn! I was almost angry, but in a good way...which I know doesn't really make sense but it does make for a pretty good feel and "You Got This" mentality.

Overall
Definitely worth it and easily one of the best pre-workouts I've tried, seems very underrated on retailer sites and forums but my sample experiences lead me to buy a tub anyways :D

Another big thank you to bdcc for sorting and sending me the samples :)