Metabolic Powder is back as HPScience Lipøshield

D

daxiang

Awards
  • Established
What are the best situations to take this product?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the best situations to take this product?
i personally take it with my pre workout and then again with my last/largest meal of the day. 2 scoops in both occasions. I will also sometimes add it into my protein pancakes and protein ice cream or mix it in with different sauces when im eating a larger meal

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used a serving in my coffee in the AM, and a serving before my last meal* of the day.

* I follow a modified carb backloading diet, mixed with IF. I don't consume carbs until that last meal.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used a serving in my coffee in the AM, and a serving before my last meal* of the day.

* I follow a modified carb backloading diet, mixed with IF. I don't consume carbs until that last meal.
Awesome. Yea, i do IF ‘Keto’ with a little higher protein than Keto is typically, but super low carb and high fat... Lipøshield is amazing for low carb lifestyle or IF bc it prevents spillover on those large fast breaking meals

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

But yes adding to coffee is a great idea. Especially bulletproof coffee if you’ll be in a fast for a good portion of the day... would send Fat burning thru the roof

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
That label is WAF - how much of the 2.5g is the prop blend at least?

Edit: Seeing the write up as the same one used for Avant Labs and/or Adipose Annihilation v2 circa 2013 or so. Can you post the links to the studies used for HCA and RK?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Edit: Seeing the write up as the same one used for Avant Labs and/or Adipose Annihilation v2 circa 2013 or so. Can you post the links to the studies used for HCA and RK?
WAF?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The whole complex is 2500mg (2.5g) no fillers or additives

[1] Pedersen SB, Kristensen K, Hermann PA, Katzenellenbogen JA, Richelsen B. (2004), Estrogen controls lipolysis by up-regulating alpha2A-adrenergic receptors directly in human adipose tissue through the estrogen receptor alpha. Implications for the female fat distribution. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Apr;89(4):1869-78.

[2] Shara M, Ohia SE, Yasmin T, Zardetto-Smith A, Kincaid A, Bagchi M, Chatterjee A, Bagchi D, Stohs SJ, (2003), Dose- and time-dependent effects of a novel (-)-hydroxycitric acid extract on body weight, hepatic and testicular lipid peroxidation, DNA fragmentation and histopathological data over a period of 90 days. Mol Cell Biochem. Dec;254(1-2):339-46.

[3] Sherwin RS et al. ; Journal of Clinical Invest.; 1975 55:1382-1390

[4] Triscari J, Sullivan AC, (1977), Comparative effects of (--)-hydroxycitrate and (+)-allo- hydroxycitrate on acetyl CoA carboxylase and fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis in vivo, Lipids. Apr;12(4):357-63.
[5] AM J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005 Jun;288(6):G1144-9

[6] Effects of Garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) on Visceral Fat Accumulation: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial, Kohsuke Hayamizu et al. ; Current Therapeutic Research. ; Volume 64, Issue 8, September – October 2003, Pages 551 - 567

[7] Effects of acute (−)-hydroxycitrate supplementation on substrate metabolism at rest and during exercise in humans, Luc JC van Loon et al.; The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition ;2000.

[8] Cheng IS et al. Oral hydroxycitrate supplementation enhances glycogen synthesis in exercised human skeletal muscle. Br J Nutr. 2012 Apr;107(7):1048-55. doi: 10.1017/S0007114511003862. Epub 2011 Aug 9

[9] Morimoto C et al. Anti-obese action of raspberry ketone, Life Sci. 2005 May 27;77(2):194-204. Epub 2005 Feb 25.

[10] Park KS. (2010). Raspberry ketone increases both lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Planta Medica. 76(15), 1654-8.

[11] Wang L et. al, Raspberry ketone protects rats fed high-fat diets against nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. (2012); May;15(5):495-503. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2011.1717.

[12] Jeong JB, Jeong HJ, Rheosmin, a naturally occurring phenolic compound inhibits LPS- induced iNOS and COX-2 expression in RAW264.7 cells by blocking NF-kappaB activation pathway, Food Chem Toxicol. 2010 Aug-Sep;48(8-9):2148-53. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2010.05.020. Epub 2010 May 15.

[13] Chia-Hsiang Victor Lin et al., Evaluation of in Vitro and in Vivo Depigmenting Activity of Raspberry Ketone from Rheum officinale; 2011 July 28. doi: 10.3390/ijms12084819

[14] A Novel Function for Fatty Acid Translocase (FAT)/CD36, (2004); Campbell et al ,The Journal of Biological Chemistry, DOI 10.1074/jbc.M400566200.

[15] Raspberry Ketones, Starkie Sowers CN

[16] Starowicz K, Cristino L, Di Marzo V. TRPV1 receptors in the central nervous system: potential for previously unforeseen therapeutic applications. pharmaceutical design.
2008;14(1):42-54.

[17] Gibson HE, Edwards JG, Page RS, Van Hook MJ, Kauer JA. TRPV1 channels mediate long-term depression at synapses on hippocampal interneurons. [Internet]. Neuron. 2008 ;57(5):746-59.

[18] Fabbrini E, Magkos F, Mohammed BS, Pietka T, Abumrad NA, Patterson BW, et al. Intrahepatic fat, not visceral fat, is linked with metabolic complications of obesity. [Internet]. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2009 ;106(36):15430-5.

[19] Lopez et al., Eight weeks of supplementation with a multi-ingredient weight loss product enhances body composition, reduces hip and waist girth, and increases energy levels in overweight men and women, (2013); Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2013, 10:22 doi:10.1186/1550-2783-10-22.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It is the same formulator of AAV2. So it would make sense that we use the same studies for the same ingredients

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Together the ingredients are the highest dosed as a combined product

You really don't see the combination in many products and definetly not in that dosing

Without giving it away you could probably guess the exact amounts of everything

I love it for Intra/pos workout personally

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Together the ingredients are the highest dosed as a combined product

You really don't see the combination in many products and definetly not in that dosing

Without giving it away you could probably guess the exact amounts of everything

I love it for Intra/pos workout personally
It's HCA and RK, you can buy Kilo bags of each (1000 1g doses) for $50 ea. There is nothing to "keep secret", just hit up PubMed, Examine, and Suppversity for all the dosing data ever used in any human.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course you can

Not everyone will tho

It's simple and convienent

You're welcome to do what you like

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's HCA and RK, you can buy Kilo bags of each (1000 1g doses) for $50 ea. There is nothing to "keep secret", just hit up PubMed, Examine, and Suppversity for all the dosing data ever used in any human.
Of course you can

Not everyone will tho

It's simple and convienent

You're welcome to do what you like
Convenience, quality/purity of ingredients, properly dosed. Especially convenient if you’re consuming other multiple bulk powders. Also, with bulk RK/HCA you will likely run into mixability issues when using for baking or batters, which you will never have with Lipøshield

T

The1WhoKnocks

Awards
I hate to be "that guy," but it was my understanding that HCA was debunked years ago. Why the resurgence?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate to be "that guy," but it was my understanding that HCA was debunked years ago. Why the resurgence?
Debunked as in how?

There's multiple functions and most products that were out did not use it in very high doses

I'd be glad to answer whatever it is you are questioning

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
Debunked as in how?

There's multiple functions and most products that were out did not use it in very high doses

I'd be glad to answer whatever it is you are questioning
But arent high doses of HCA toxic to your liver? Back in the day used HCA at doses of 1+ gram per day and it rose my liver enzymes similar to Superdrol....

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But arent high doses of HCA toxic to your liver? Back in the day used HCA at doses of 1+ gram per day and it rose my liver enzymes similar to Superdrol....
Maybe it was the fact that you had used superdrol? Lol

I’ve been using HCA in bulk.. 3-5g daily for at least two years and get regular blood work down bc i am on HRT

Also, there’s this:

“The preponderance of animal and human studies of Garcinia cambogia extract have found it to reduce markers of inflammation in brain, intestines, kidney and serum and to be either protective or neutral in terms of liver health.

The limited reports of toxicities thus far have been linked to improperly manufactured materials and/or to peculiarities with the animal models used.

The available data indicate that Garcinia cambogia extract/hydroxycitric acid does not cause liver toxicity”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3848168/