opening caps and pour them into a bottle of water? discuss

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
i have a question, may sound stupid but i would like to hear your opinion.
lets imagine you want to take 10mg a day of a substance that has a short half life and this substance is in caps.
so.. taking the 1 cap at one would spike your bloodlevels but they would drop fast to baseline --> not optimal
Could one just open the cap, drop the powder into a bottle of water, and drink several times a day (always shaking the bottle pretty good)
or would the substance lose its effectiveness when poured into water?
for substances, i am talking about something like sarms, designers, stuff like that
thanks guys!!

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
if something is meant to be swallowed, it gets into your stomach. if something gets into your stomach, it gets dissolved in your stomach acid - ask yourself, can water reduce the effectiveness of a substance that is active even after going trough a harsh acid like the one in your stomach? ;-)

but i wouldnt drink any sarm through the day. makes no sense. if you want to split the dose, do that but there is really no reason to fill it in a bottle an sip the whole day on it.

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
if something is meant to be swallowed, it gets into your stomach. if something gets into your stomach, it gets dissolved in your stomach acid - ask yourself, can water reduce the effectiveness of a substance that is active even after going trough a harsh acid like the one in your stomach? ;-)
ok, thinking about it again with your hint makes it easy ;p

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

but i wouldnt drink any sarm through the day. makes no sense. if you want to split the dose, do that but there is really no reason to fill it in a bottle an sip the whole day on it.
Plenty of substances denature once reconstituted/diluted?

Antibiotics for example, as soon as we prepare a lot of them in solution they are only stable for a matter of hours. Interesting this is the more diluted they are the more stable they are (ie. more stable diluted in 1L vs 100ml).

Also some things that are encapsulated are so that the capsule allows it to pass through the stomach acid maintaining integrity to be absorbed in the small intestine, if you remove this you allow potential for massive breakdown.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Plenty of substances denature once reconstituted/diluted?

Antibiotics for example, as soon as we prepare a lot of them in solution they are only stable for a matter of hours. Interesting this is the more diluted they are the more stable they are (ie. more stable diluted in 1L vs 100ml).

Also some things that are encapsulated are so that the capsule allows it to pass through the stomach acid maintaining integrity to be absorbed in the small intestine, if you remove this you allow potential for massive breakdown.

everything in a gelatine capsule dissolves in the stomach. and he wasn’t speaking about antibiotics