Best probiotic on market

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To me shopping for a quality probiotic is hard. To decipher what works and how they justice it. I've used gut health alot, but I am looking for something, and maybe some education on the various types of probiotics.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Evomuse Gut Health. No questions about it dsade usually sells a yearly supply off his website. Buy it ASAP

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evomuse Gut Health. No questions about it dsade usually sells a yearly supply off his website. Buy it ASAP
Yes I have used this many times, but why is it better than others? I am having hard time understanding probiotic strengths

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've used Evomuse Gut Health but that thing give me terrible gas and bloating. Is that normal? I'm too scared to use it now because I don't want to create a symphony of butt music at work.

M

mn72661

Awards
I've used Evomuse Gut Health but that thing give me terrible gas and bloating. Is that normal? I'm too scared to use it now because I don't want to create a symphony of butt music at work.
How long did you use it for? That could actually be a very good sign that it's working to change your gut Flora. That should be a temporary issue that would subside as your gut adapts. If it last for more than maybe a week I'd say one of the strains might not agree with you.

M

mn72661

Awards
Yes I have used this many times, but why is it better than others? I am having hard time understanding probiotic strengths
One of the best costs for what you get. It's got some other proven goodies in it like zinc carnosine as well. In my experience, when it comes to probiotics variety is usually best unless you have a known issue with certain strains. Unfortunately some strains/products can be very delicate in terms of how they must be stored which obviously if they aren't stored properly for the entirety of the supplements life than potency can be a serious issue. As dsade has said before, gut health was formulated using some of the "heartiest strains" available so storage and transport would likely not ever be an issue.

Personally I think the best thing is to get a variety of probiotics from food, while using gut health as an anchor supplement in that respect. REAL raw sauerkraut, yogurts, kefir, kimchi, etc should still ideally be a part of daily consumption, along with the obvious fruits and vegetables.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the best costs for what you get. It's got some other proven goodies in it like zinc carnosine as well. In my experience, when it comes to probiotics variety is usually best unless you have a known issue with certain strains. Unfortunately some strains/products can be very delicate in terms of how they must be stored which obviously if they aren't stored properly for the entirety of the supplements life than potency can be a serious issue. As dsade has said before, gut health was formulated using some of the "heartiest strains" available so storage and transport would likely not ever be an issue.

Personally I think the best thing is to get a variety of probiotics from food, while using gut health as an anchor supplement in that respect. REAL raw sauerkraut, yogurts, kefir, kimchi, etc should still ideally be a part of daily consumption, along with the obvious fruits and vegetables.
Well said, I am start thinking it's like splitting hairs with top notch probiotics

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not just about strength, but using the correct complementary strains. Gut Health's formula uses complementary strains to improve nutrient absorption, reduce inflammation, bolster immune system response, and increases the mucosal barrier in the gut. It also helps protect against pathogenic bacteria by attaching strongly to enteric cites and using competitive exclusion to starve those bad strains out, passing them harmlessly out of the GI tract.

It

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
During the loading phase, Gut Health drastically changes your gut flora towards a more ideal state. This can cause some issues initially that will quickly resolve.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not just about strength, but using the correct complementary strains. Gut Health's formula uses complementary strains to improve nutrient absorption, reduce inflammation, bolster immune system response, and increases the mucosal barrier in the gut. It also helps protect against pathogenic bacteria by attaching strongly to enteric cites and using competitive exclusion to starve those bad strains out, passing them harmlessly out of the GI tract.

It
I been taking: BioGaia Gastrus
https://www.biogaia.co.uk/product/biogaia-gastrus/

For this reason, as I know you like studies: http://prohormonepodcast.com/supplements/probiotic-increases-testosterone/

Its only one on market I can find with that strand, but the dose I believe is very small, what are your thoughts?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L. Reuteri is extremely common.
Not the specific stand: ATCC PTA 6475

So yes those other probiotics are excellent for health. But they are NOT Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 6475, which is the one found to raise testosterone in mice!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, trade answered a lot about why I use Gut Health and I DO do some work trying to help Matt sell to retailers so full disclosure - but my girlfriend and I us Gut Health non-stop and if I run out she actually gets upset with me. It is the type of product that when you start using it you may not even notice much change if you didn't have specific problems - but then when you run out you notice more gas, bloating, bathroom odor, etc.

I will also say that I take 5-6 g of vitamin C most days and gut health and over the past 5 years I have NEVER been sick while on both.

I have also spent a bunch of time over thinking it and researching probiotic and trying all kinds of brands. I have tried 50 billion CFU products, 30 strain products, etc.

At one point I thought variety or strength mattered.

What I can say is that my experience leads me to believe strongly that Gut Health is BY FAR the best bang for the buck.

A lot of the 30 strain products seemed great on paper but I think that too many strains in a pill becomes a problem because they all fight for colonization. And may even kill each other off in some combos.

Evomuse is really the only product I notice when I run out of it, and it is less than $30 for 2 months while some of the other decent products can be as much as $50-60/month. And they are ok, but nothing my gf gets upset or seems to notice when we run out and I don't.

Gut Health should have most people covered and then if you have a specific issue you need help with, you may need a different strain for a specific need - but it isn't worth is unless you have an actual issue and the strains in GH don't help...which I think would be rare.

M

mn72661

Awards
So, trade answered a lot about why I use Gut Health and I DO do some work trying to help Matt sell to retailers so full disclosure - but my girlfriend and I us Gut Health non-stop and if I run out she actually gets upset with me. It is the type of product that when you start using it you may not even notice much change if you didn't have specific problems - but then when you run out you notice more gas, bloating, bathroom odor, etc.

I will also say that I take 5-6 g of vitamin C most days and gut health and over the past 5 years I have NEVER been sick while on both.

I have also spent a bunch of time over thinking it and researching probiotic and trying all kinds of brands. I have tried 50 billion CFU products, 30 strain products, etc.

At one point I thought variety or strength mattered.

What I can say is that my experience leads me to believe strongly that Gut Health is BY FAR the best bang for the buck.

A lot of the 30 strain products seemed great on paper but I think that too many strains in a pill becomes a problem because they all fight for colonization. And may even kill each other off in some combos.

Evomuse is really the only product I notice when I run out of it, and it is less than $30 for 2 months while some of the other decent products can be as much as $50-60/month. And they are ok, but nothing my gf gets upset or seems to notice when we run out and I don't.

Gut Health should have most people covered and then if you have a specific issue you need help with, you may need a different strain for a specific need - but it isn't worth is unless you have an actual issue and the strains in GH don't help...which I think would be rare.
Very well said. That's essentially what I do. Gut health and an additional saccharomyces boulardii product. Add in whatever fermented foods/acidophilus dairy I can grab in moderation and that about covers it.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gut health..hands down best probiotic!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here’s my current stack...Both about $10 from target and I’m diggin it.

M

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
With 450 billion bacteria per sachet

Thats alot! ...
its a great one.
ive used it after my rhabdomyolyse to restore my culture after my body intoxified itself..
half a sachet a day, still have some left and no more problems

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long did you use it for? That could actually be a very good sign that it's working to change your gut Flora. That should be a temporary issue that would subside as your gut adapts. If it last for more than maybe a week I'd say one of the strains might not agree with you.
I used it for 3 days and I stopped. My insides felt like they were turning inside out so I wimped out. I guess I'll give it another shot probably during vacation time (I'm a teacher) to avoid problems at work.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sport Biotic has been a staple of mine for a few years now. It really is a great product with great ingredients.

Gut health Ive got and havent tried yet. I like sticking to what ive been taking bc when i switch to different ingredients its a bit different , which is okay. for Now I'm staying with Sport Biotic because its treated me so good.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used it for 3 days and I stopped. My insides felt like they were turning inside out so I wimped out. I guess I'll give it another shot probably during vacation time (I'm a teacher) to avoid problems at work.
The more disruptive that the loading phase is, I've noticed, the more dramatically better you will feel when everything balances out and you will wonder why you ever settled for your previous dysfunction as "normal".

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The more disruptive that the loading phase is, I've noticed, the more dramatically better you will feel when everything balances out and you will wonder why you ever settled for your previous dysfunction as "normal".
Was gut health reformulated over the years?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always take it easy and take the probiotic your taking , and introduce gut health, 8-12 etc hours later, doing probiotics twice per day, then you could transition back to your regular probiotic or transition into gut health =-)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I like this one much better than VSL#3 and Gut Health:

https://nutraplanet.com/products/neobium-suprabiotic-150-cap/

Most noticeable effects I got were shorter GI transit time and ephedrine kicking twice as hard so I reduced the dose to make up for it. Also got a few extra reps per set here and there, which is significant for the circumstances. The other two products mentioned just seem to back me up to increase laziness and reduce mental sharpness as result.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I've been searching for a good probiotic for a while now and have had to resort to buying maybe less than perfect products. Think I'll check out Gut Health after all of these recommendations.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would personally grab the Year supply off dsade its the best bang for your buck.
I've been searching for a good probiotic for a while now and have had to resort to buying maybe less than perfect products. Think I'll check out Gut Health after all of these recommendations.

F

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Is it recommended to take gut health with food or on an empty stomach?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it recommended to take gut health with food or on an empty stomach?
It doesn't much matter. I usually take mine right before bed.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't much matter. I usually take mine right before bed.
Would u be willing to research and add specific strand to future version of product, one I mentioned in earlier posts? Just wondering

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would u be willing to research and add specific strand to future version of product, one I mentioned in earlier posts? Just wondering
I never stop researching and re-researching. If it fits with the overall purpose/design of the product with solid enough supporting studies...and then lastly fits with a cost/benefit analysis.

This strain (at least the general strain) is slated to go into my Inflate product.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel physically different when taking this product. Mood improves, gut health improves.
Great stuff. Needs refridgeration.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Gut Health. It makes a difference. I'm proud of my bowel movements which are greatly enhanced by this product. I noticed my stomach digests whatever I throw at it, even during a bulk phase.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Needs refridgeration.
Bingo. Always leery of warm probiotics. I eat a ton of Yogurt. I do get specific strains from Swanson's (Coagulans, Reuteri, and Plantarum) and stick'em in the fridge though.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bingo. Always leery of warm probiotics. I eat a ton of Yogurt. I do get specific strains from Swanson's (Coagulans, Reuteri, and Plantarum) and stick'em in the fridge though.
Yup. I've tried bunch. This is the one that works best for me. The non refrigerated ones have never worked well and even some of the higher grade refrigerated ones don't work well for me. This one is really good.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys feel about labdoor testing? I see they rank Culturelle #1. New to this topic. Just trying to understand.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im taking superbiotic in the morning then gut health 10 hours or so later on.

I cycle doxycycline for acne so on the off periods I think double dosing probiotics is a good idea. I got this idea from my sister.

Mivoso

Mivoso

Awards
+1 for Gut Health

S

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys feel about labdoor testing? I see they rank Culturelle #1. New to this topic. Just trying to understand.
Labdoor is a joke...and always has been a joke since inception. Utter and complete morons. The CEO got his backside handed to him on another board...it's quite laughable.

Here is an excerpt from the CEO in the thread...this should tell you all you need to know about Labdoor and it's methods:

Let's dig deeper into this example.

Product 1: 50g serving size. Claims 50g of protein. Delivers 30g of protein.
Product 2: 50g serving size. Claims 20g of protein. Delivers 20g of protein.

Would you rather take Product 1 or Product 2? Product 1 delivers 1.5x more protein per gram than Product 2.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Labdoor is a joke...and always has been a joke since inception. Utter and complete morons. The CEO got his backside handed to him on another board...it's quite laughable.

Here is an excerpt from the CEO in the thread...this should tell you all you need to know about Labdoor and it's methods:

Would you rather take Product 1 or Product 2? Product 1 delivers 1.5x more protein per gram than Product 2.
Oh yes I hear. A very respectable person on here has filled me in on it! Honestly I hadn't read or heard anything about them. I was just using good old google lol.

Thanks guys!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Body Fortress sold in wal mart a few years ago had this issue. If I remember right there was a lawsuit.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Body Fortress sold in wal mart a few years ago had this issue. If I remember right there was a lawsuit.
https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking

you forgot about a dozen more

July 1, 2014: Body Fortress Lawsuit
November 4, 2014: A GNC and 4 Dimension Nutrition joint class action
November 11, 2014: The CVS Lawsuit was filed regarding CVS Whey Protein Powder.
Giant Sports (Delicious Protein)

November 13, 2014: Inner Armour Class Action Lawsuit (Mass Peak and Nitro Peak)
November 19, 2014: New Whey Lawsuit (Multi-Pro)
November 19, 2014: Pro Supps PS Whey Lawsuit served.
November 19, 2014: Fit Foods (Mutant Whey)
ALLMAX Lawsuit (Hexapro Protein Powder)
January 23, 2015: CytoSport Muscle Milk Family Lawsuit (note that this is not for spiking! It’s allegedly just under-dosed protein and not having L-Glutamine!)
January 28, 2015: MusclePharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Iron Mass

S

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Body Fortress was #7 on their list of "Best Proteins"....that right there is enough ground to warrant "morons".

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dsade What is the word on not refridgerating Gut Health?

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade What is the word on not refridgerating Gut Health?
The strains he uses are meant to survive at room temp but should still be stored in a cool dry place for optimal survival of the bacterial strains. I keep mine in the fridge during the summer months but during the winter I don't bother since it's dry and cold where I am.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Supplements 14
K Supplements 7
D Supplements 61
D Supplements 92
lazaross Supplements 5