3,5-T2... how important is the HPBCD?

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Liquid Lab's T2 has it in a cyclo-dextrin complex, but I can get plain 3,5-T2 dissolved in solution @ 600 mcg/ml much cheaper from a reputable source.

Is this the type of molecule that "needs" HPBCD for decent oral bioavailability or no? Anyone used it both ways and have any thoughts?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used it in Pill and Liquid form. Depending on preference. I am sure you can find it cheaper, but purity is import as well. If you can find this product pure and at a good price I would say it is worth going that direction. I know T2 is designed for maximum absorption and the dextrin is most likely added for that.

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Yes I know it's pure and from a reputable Source what I was thinking of doing was just adding a powder to a bottle of liquid Labs T2 I don't know if that would incorporate the cyclodextrins or just do nothing

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just get real T3. T2 is a waste.

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
So all that stuff about it being muscle sparing & how it convert slow twitch to fast-twitch muscle fibers is BS? I've used the liquid Labs version before and didn't notice much

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I don't think you need the Cyclodextrin unless you wanted to maybe use less per dose for the same effect? If anyone has human data on it, post it, but I *think* it's only been studied in rodents (and the HED calculations can't be trusted, as it seems to work differently in people). I just read these though:

https://suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/10/high-dose-35-diiodo-l-thyronine-t2-has.html

https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/11/allegedly-harmless-thyroid-based-fat.html

I would second the recco to just use T3 if you're going to mess with the Thyroid - it at least has human data.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So all that stuff about it being muscle sparing & how it convert slow twitch to fast-twitch muscle fibers is BS? I've used the liquid Labs version before and didn't notice much
Then you have some human data yourself :)

I second your experience, only with about 10 different products.

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. I'm no longer concerned with the absorption issue and will just stick to T3 from now on. I'm not surprised by supplement companies making claims that are exaggerated and/or misleading but I just wasn't expecting it from Mind and Muscle

Even if the claims of it being able to convert slow twitch to fast-twitch muscle fibers are true it seems to me like it's not worth the risk especially considering that no one even seems to know the effective human dose

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the info guys. I'm no longer concerned with the absorption issue and will just stick to T3 from now on. I'm not surprised by supplement companies making claims that are exaggerated and/or misleading but I just wasn't expecting it from Mind and Muscle

Even if the claims of it being able to convert slow twitch to fast-twitch muscle fibers are true it seems to me like it's not worth the risk especially considering that no one even seems to know the effective human dose
Yeah, don't get me wrong, not saying anything specifically bad about Mind and Muscle, or anyone for that matter. It's an interesting ingredient for sure. I mean, the potential to drop fat and gain strength through a thyroid pathway that has been used since forever by bodybuilders? Yeah, intriguing to say the least. I don't blame companies for using it from time to time - but I've been personally disappointed with every product I've tried it in. The only product that ever had T2 in it that blew me away was probably the first one that was ever on the market with T2 - Lipokinetix - and that didn't even use T2 as it's "big" ingredient.

Of the T2-specific products I've tried, M&M's liquid and VPX Thyrovex almost had me thinking they worked, but...nah. Not even at almost 1.5mg/day. Don't try that at home though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, and it should be noted, in fairness - I don't respond to thyroid hormones very much for some reason. I can take 100-150 mcg of T3 and the biggest changes it creates are:

1. Dramatic glycogen reduction and associated strength decreases.
2. Dramatic improvement in mood/stability/anxiety - if those are even the right words. I'm just calmer and maybe a little less depressed - not that I'm chronically depressed or anything but I notice I deal with things in a more "light" fashion.

Fat loss for me, even at those doses, isn't "magical" by any means. I still have to diet hard.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and it should be noted, in fairness - I don't respond to thyroid hormones very much for some reason. I can take 100-150 mcg of T3 and the biggest changes it creates are:

1. Dramatic glycogen reduction and associated strength decreases.
2. Dramatic improvement in mood/stability/anxiety - if those are even the right words. I'm just calmer and maybe a little less depressed - not that I'm chronically depressed or anything but I notice I deal with things in a more "light" fashion.

Fat loss for me, even at those doses, isn't "magical" by any means. I still have to diet hard.
You may have high thyroid antibodies