Bulk Agmatine dosing

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Bulk Agmatine dosing


    I’ve used several brands of Agmatine now, including powders. What I’m trying to figure out is, why does the scoop (which equals a 1/4 tsp) from SNS give a full gram but other bulk suppliers a 1/4 tsp is more like 500-600mg?


  2. To be accurate you need to weight it, not use a scoop.

    Not to mention i've always gotten my Agmatine from SNS, but i get caps. Easier that way
    •   
       


  3. its the granularity of the powder... a finer powder will pack more (denser) than a less fine.

    also, sns isn't cheapskating you haha extra gainz for the same scoop

    I agree tho, caps make life sooooo much easier haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    To be accurate you need to weight it, not use a scoop.

    Not to mention i've always gotten my Agmatine from SNS, but i get caps. Easier that way
    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    its the granularity of the powder... a finer powder will pack more (denser) than a less fine.

    also, sns isn't cheapskating you haha extra gainz for the same scoop

    I agree tho, caps make life sooooo much easier haha
    lol yeah, caps are easier, and my scale’s battery just died. But bulk powders are just so much cheaper!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    lol yeah, caps are easier, and my scale’s battery just died. But bulk powders are just so much cheaper!
    mostly true until you really factor in the time spent to measure, pack/travel with, buy batteries (ha) all comes down to how much you value your time/effort.

    I'm lazy and travel all the time so for me, powders are a huge PITA haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   
       


  6. Yes if a co says use (tbsp) measure it out

    I’m using SnS caps or I would have for u with the scoop provided

    But i weight out everything once

  7. I've used several brands of bulk powder including premium powders, SNS and Formutech. I usually measure the scoop and weigh it. After that I use the scoop if it is accurate.
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10 WWW.mindandmuscle.com
    Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com

  8. I live on the edge, I use the scoop provided and throw it in. I've never found that a little more agmatine had any issues and actually helps with a deep sleep.

  9. Other than your wallet, which you're already saving on by buying bulk agmatine, there's not much consequence to taking *too much* agmatine.

    So if your scoop isn't an accurate gram, just weigh out how many scoops *is* a gram or so, figure for slightly over that and go from there.

    Or just buy SNS agmatine powder or caps and then you know what you're getting every time
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I live on the edge, I use the scoop provided and throw it in. I've never found that a little more agmatine had any issues and actually helps with a deep sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Other than your wallet, which you're already saving on by buying bulk agmatine, there's not much consequence to taking *too much* agmatine.

    So if your scoop isn't an accurate gram, just weigh out how many scoops *is* a gram or so, figure for slightly over that and go from there.

    Or just buy SNS agmatine powder or caps and then you know what you're getting every time
    How many grams have y’all gone up to at a time? What’s the upper limit?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    How many grams have y’all gone up to at a time? What’s the upper limit?
    I've never habitually taken a ton or anything, my point was just that it's not like taking 1400mg vs. 1000mg is going to do anything bad, so if your scoop isn't adding up to a gram, just figure out roughly how much you need to do to get at least 1g, and use that much.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    I've never habitually taken a ton or anything, my point was just that it's not like taking 1400mg vs. 1000mg is going to do anything bad, so if your scoop isn't adding up to a gram, just figure out roughly how much you need to do to get at least 1g, and use that much.
    Well I was just concerned that if it’s double (1/4 tsp from SNS is 1g and 1/4 tsp from bulk is 500mg) then I might be dose 2g twice a day instead of 1g twice a day. Maybe the compromise is using 1/4 tsp 3 times a day, then it’s somewhere between 500-1000mg per dose 3 times a day which adds up to enough most likely in any case.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Well I was just concerned that if it’s double (1/4 tsp from SNS is 1g and 1/4 tsp from bulk is 500mg) then I might be dose 2g twice a day instead of 1g twice a day. Maybe the compromise is using 1/4 tsp 3 times a day, then it’s somewhere between 500-1000mg per dose 3 times a day which adds up to enough most likely in any case.
    ive actually done 2g 2x/day with no issues... honestly I've never heard of an "upper limit" and can't really see there being one as you'd prob just get to a point where the effects were no greater and you'd basically just piss it out
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    ive actually done 2g 2x/day with no issues... honestly I've never heard of an "upper limit" and can't really see there being one as you'd prob just get to a point where the effects were no greater and you'd basically just piss it out
    I️ don’t se anything suggesting that moderate “high doses” are harmful, just not really any “better” than lower doses. That said, I️ wouldn’t go crazy with the dosing, if only for the sake of being “reasonably cautious,” and not wanting to break the bank. I’ve seen a human study use up to I️ think 3.56g per day, so 4g/day, as you mentioned, seems like a fairly reasonable “upper target.” Not that more would necessarily be harmful, but why bother?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I️ don’t se anything suggesting that moderate “high doses” are harmful, just not really any “better” than lower doses. That said, I️ wouldn’t go crazy with the dosing, if only for the sake of being “reasonably cautious,” and not wanting to break the bank. I’ve seen a human study use up to I️ think 3.56g per day, so 4g/day, as you mentioned, seems like a fairly reasonable “upper target.” Not that more would necessarily be harmful, but why bother?
    totally agreed. i literally see zero use for it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  16. Thank God for SNS bulk agmatine lol, i use way too much. 500mg - 1g pre workout and anywhere up to 1g with meal for nutrient partitioning. So many damn benefits to agmatine it's crazy. Really deserves more love.

  17. What's the best time/way to take Agmatine?
    I've read to take it with food, before food, on an empty stomach, pre-workout, post workout etc but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    What's the best time/way to take Agmatine?
    I've read to take it with food, before food, on an empty stomach, pre-workout, post workout etc but can't seem to find a definitive answer.
    In my opinion, before bed. I get some of the deepest sleep with amazing dreams and wake up refreshed.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    In my opinion, before bed. I get some of the deepest sleep with amazing dreams and wake up refreshed.
    Interesting. I've used it preworkout and prior to meals, but never prior to bed. May have to give it a shot

  20. It works as an anxiolytic and makes me relaxed so taking it before the gym is counterproductive, although I have taken it if a PWO makes me too jittery. In 30-40 min I am calmer.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    What's the best time/way to take Agmatine?
    I've read to take it with food, before food, on an empty stomach, pre-workout, post workout etc but can't seem to find a definitive answer.
    Because of all the different benefits of Agmatine I think it's pretty versitile in how and when you use it...

    For the sleep enhancing, HGH and testosterone boosting benefits I'd take it about 45 minutes before bed.
    For the nutrient partitioning/GDA benefits I'd take it about 20-30 minutes before a meal.
    For the pump and focus enhancing benefits I'd take it 30-40 minutes pre-workout AND/OR mix it in with a stimmed (Yohimbe free) pre-workout.
    For the mood boosting and pain relief benefits I'd dose it throughout the day, a dose with breakfast, a dose with lunch and then another dose with dinner.

  22. What’s the half life? I’ve found multiple sources of different answers.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    What’s the half life? I’ve found multiple sources of different answers.
    Seems to be that way with most of the information about Agmatine.

  24. Agmatine literally can be used in any of the situations listed ha... its such a versatile ingredient. My personal favorites (in no order, usually all of them ha):

    Pre workout
    Pre meals
    bedtime
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  25. SNS AGMATINE XT, as already mentioned, is the way to go for properly dosed ingredients.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulk Sesathin Dosing
    By tooth370 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
  2. Bulk PEA dosing
    By mrmoose63 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Log in
Log in