Bulk Agmatine dosing

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve used several brands of Agmatine now, including powders. What I’m trying to figure out is, why does the scoop (which equals a 1/4 tsp) from SNS give a full gram but other bulk suppliers a 1/4 tsp is more like 500-600mg?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To be accurate you need to weight it, not use a scoop.

Not to mention i've always gotten my Agmatine from SNS, but i get caps. Easier that way :p

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
its the granularity of the powder... a finer powder will pack more (denser) than a less fine.

also, sns isn't cheapskating you haha ;) extra gainz for the same scoop

I agree tho, caps make life sooooo much easier haha

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To be accurate you need to weight it, not use a scoop.

Not to mention i've always gotten my Agmatine from SNS, but i get caps. Easier that way :p
its the granularity of the powder... a finer powder will pack more (denser) than a less fine.

also, sns isn't cheapskating you haha ;) extra gainz for the same scoop

I agree tho, caps make life sooooo much easier haha
lol yeah, caps are easier, and my scale’s battery just died. But bulk powders are just so much cheaper!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
lol yeah, caps are easier, and my scale’s battery just died. But bulk powders are just so much cheaper!
mostly true until you really factor in the time spent to measure, pack/travel with, buy batteries (ha) ;) all comes down to how much you value your time/effort.

I'm lazy and travel all the time so for me, powders are a huge PITA haha

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes if a co says use (tbsp) measure it out

I’m using SnS caps or I would have for u with the scoop provided

But i weight out everything once

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used several brands of bulk powder including premium powders, SNS and Formutech. I usually measure the scoop and weigh it. After that I use the scoop if it is accurate.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live on the edge, I use the scoop provided and throw it in. I've never found that a little more agmatine had any issues and actually helps with a deep sleep.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than your wallet, which you're already saving on by buying bulk agmatine, there's not much consequence to taking *too much* agmatine.

So if your scoop isn't an accurate gram, just weigh out how many scoops *is* a gram or so, figure for slightly over that and go from there.

Or just buy SNS agmatine powder or caps and then you know what you're getting every time :)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I live on the edge, I use the scoop provided and throw it in. I've never found that a little more agmatine had any issues and actually helps with a deep sleep.
Other than your wallet, which you're already saving on by buying bulk agmatine, there's not much consequence to taking *too much* agmatine.

So if your scoop isn't an accurate gram, just weigh out how many scoops *is* a gram or so, figure for slightly over that and go from there.

Or just buy SNS agmatine powder or caps and then you know what you're getting every time :)
How many grams have y’all gone up to at a time? What’s the upper limit?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many grams have y’all gone up to at a time? What’s the upper limit?
I've never habitually taken a ton or anything, my point was just that it's not like taking 1400mg vs. 1000mg is going to do anything bad, so if your scoop isn't adding up to a gram, just figure out roughly how much you need to do to get at least 1g, and use that much.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've never habitually taken a ton or anything, my point was just that it's not like taking 1400mg vs. 1000mg is going to do anything bad, so if your scoop isn't adding up to a gram, just figure out roughly how much you need to do to get at least 1g, and use that much.
Well I was just concerned that if it’s double (1/4 tsp from SNS is 1g and 1/4 tsp from bulk is 500mg) then I might be dose 2g twice a day instead of 1g twice a day. Maybe the compromise is using 1/4 tsp 3 times a day, then it’s somewhere between 500-1000mg per dose 3 times a day which adds up to enough most likely in any case.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well I was just concerned that if it’s double (1/4 tsp from SNS is 1g and 1/4 tsp from bulk is 500mg) then I might be dose 2g twice a day instead of 1g twice a day. Maybe the compromise is using 1/4 tsp 3 times a day, then it’s somewhere between 500-1000mg per dose 3 times a day which adds up to enough most likely in any case.
ive actually done 2g 2x/day with no issues... honestly I've never heard of an "upper limit" and can't really see there being one as you'd prob just get to a point where the effects were no greater and you'd basically just piss it out

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive actually done 2g 2x/day with no issues... honestly I've never heard of an "upper limit" and can't really see there being one as you'd prob just get to a point where the effects were no greater and you'd basically just piss it out
I️ don’t se anything suggesting that moderate “high doses” are harmful, just not really any “better” than lower doses. That said, I️ wouldn’t go crazy with the dosing, if only for the sake of being “reasonably cautious,” and not wanting to break the bank. I’ve seen a human study use up to I️ think 3.56g per day, so 4g/day, as you mentioned, seems like a fairly reasonable “upper target.” Not that more would necessarily be harmful, but why bother?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I️ don’t se anything suggesting that moderate “high doses” are harmful, just not really any “better” than lower doses. That said, I️ wouldn’t go crazy with the dosing, if only for the sake of being “reasonably cautious,” and not wanting to break the bank. I’ve seen a human study use up to I️ think 3.56g per day, so 4g/day, as you mentioned, seems like a fairly reasonable “upper target.” Not that more would necessarily be harmful, but why bother?
totally agreed. i literally see zero use for it

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank God for SNS bulk agmatine lol, i use way too much. 500mg - 1g pre workout and anywhere up to 1g with meal for nutrient partitioning. So many damn benefits to agmatine it's crazy. Really deserves more love.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the best time/way to take Agmatine?
I've read to take it with food, before food, on an empty stomach, pre-workout, post workout etc but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read to take it with food, before food, on an empty stomach, pre-workout, post workout etc but can't seem to find a definitive answer.
In my opinion, before bed. I get some of the deepest sleep with amazing dreams and wake up refreshed.

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, before bed. I get some of the deepest sleep with amazing dreams and wake up refreshed.
Interesting. I've used it preworkout and prior to meals, but never prior to bed. May have to give it a shot

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It works as an anxiolytic and makes me relaxed so taking it before the gym is counterproductive, although I have taken it if a PWO makes me too jittery. In 30-40 min I am calmer.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Because of all the different benefits of Agmatine I think it's pretty versitile in how and when you use it...

For the sleep enhancing, HGH and testosterone boosting benefits I'd take it about 45 minutes before bed.
For the nutrient partitioning/GDA benefits I'd take it about 20-30 minutes before a meal.
For the pump and focus enhancing benefits I'd take it 30-40 minutes pre-workout AND/OR mix it in with a stimmed (Yohimbe free) pre-workout.
For the mood boosting and pain relief benefits I'd dose it throughout the day, a dose with breakfast, a dose with lunch and then another dose with dinner.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s the half life? I’ve found multiple sources of different answers.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agmatine literally can be used in any of the situations listed ha... its such a versatile ingredient. My personal favorites (in no order, usually all of them ha):

Pre workout
Pre meals
bedtime

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS AGMATINE XT, as already mentioned, is the way to go for properly dosed ingredients.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's almost no "best" way because you dose appropriately to specific use. You can use with meal for partitioning, pre workout (with or without food), pre bed, or morning.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's almost no "best" way because you dose appropriately to specific use. You can use with meal for partitioning, pre workout (with or without food), pre bed, or morning.
For the best nutrient partitioning effect would it be more effective to dose it 20-30 minutes before the meal, or actually take it with the meal?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For the best nutrient partitioning effect would it be more effective to dose it 20-30 minutes before the meal, or actually take it with the meal?
prior

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you used it prior to meals?
What benefits/effects, if any, did you notice?
Every day ha. It’s a nutrient partitioner so you won’t “feel” anything. Slight food pumps and a bit of bloating reduction would be the most noticeable effect you could see but that doesn’t mean it’s not doing the actual partitioning in your system.