BCAA or Protien

1. BCAA or Protien

Afternoon all, just interested in your opinions, I haven't stocked up on my supps this year and with Christmas comeing up it looks like November December my supps going to take a hit in your opinions which would be better BCAA or protien as first choice to buy

Cheers all

2. Before either would be Protein rich food
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daff View Post
    Afternoon all, just interested in your opinions, I haven't stocked up on my supps this year and with Christmas comeing up it looks like November December my supps going to take a hit in your opinions which would be better BCAA or protien as first choice to buy

Cheers all
    Yeah protein, or high protein food, bcaas are in food/ protein powder, they are mostly only useful for fasted cardio to prevent catabolic conditions. The science behind bcaas alone is slim at best, protein is obviously important don't skimp on it

4. I myself would stock up on protein over BCAA's.

I think the protein would help more in a diet vs BCAAs
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

5. Definitely protein is the first choice to buy.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!
    •   

6. it depends mostly on when/why you're using them but for 90% of the time, protein would be the right choice... bcaas are really just broken down protein so the only time they have more benefit is during fasted training when you a) want to stay fasted - tho you could just take like a half dose of protein and still be ok - and need something to help prevent catabolism... really protein is the best choice by far.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

7. Cheers for the solid advice lads

8. Protein for sure.
    I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be

9. I would say a good protein. Start with food as a whole and then use protein powder in order to complete your macros.
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10 WWW.mindandmuscle.com
    Muscle Research Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com

10. 1. Food, 2. Protein, 3. Daily Ergo with creatine (Intramax or Ergonine), 4. Caffeine/preworkout.... 12. BCAA

If your budget is tight, BCAA's are definitely not worth it. If you're consuming adequate protein you really don't need to supplement with extra BCAA's. I would opt for a lot of other supplements before worrying about BCAA's
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BCAA or just L-Leucine?!?!
    By luelinks in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. How many use BCAA? or EAA??
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
  3. Buying bulk BCAA or EAA??
    By StanChampion in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 06:09 PM
  4. EAA, BCAA or Leucine. Which do you prefer?
    By Timme in forum Supplements
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
  5. What's better for bulking, BCAA or EAA ?
    By Indiana Jones in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM