BCAA or Protien

Daff

Daff

Awards
  • Established
Afternoon all, just interested in your opinions, I haven't stocked up on my supps this year and with Christmas comeing up it looks like November December my supps going to take a hit in your opinions which would be better BCAA or protien as first choice to buy

Cheers all

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Before either would be Protein rich food

C20h24o3

Awards
Afternoon all, just interested in your opinions, I haven't stocked up on my supps this year and with Christmas comeing up it looks like November December my supps going to take a hit in your opinions which would be better BCAA or protien as first choice to buy

Cheers all
Yeah protein, or high protein food, bcaas are in food/ protein powder, they are mostly only useful for fasted cardio to prevent catabolic conditions. The science behind bcaas alone is slim at best, protein is obviously important don't skimp on it

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I myself would stock up on protein over BCAA's.

I think the protein would help more in a diet vs BCAAs

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely protein is the first choice to buy.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
it depends mostly on when/why you're using them but for 90% of the time, protein would be the right choice... bcaas are really just broken down protein so the only time they have more benefit is during fasted training when you a) want to stay fasted - tho you could just take like a half dose of protein and still be ok - and need something to help prevent catabolism... really protein is the best choice by far.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Protein for sure.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say a good protein. Start with food as a whole and then use protein powder in order to complete your macros.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
1. Food, 2. Protein, 3. Daily Ergo with creatine (Intramax or Ergonine), 4. Caffeine/preworkout.... 12. BCAA

If your budget is tight, BCAA's are definitely not worth it. If you're consuming adequate protein you really don't need to supplement with extra BCAA's. I would opt for a lot of other supplements before worrying about BCAA's