Ashwagandha & Eurycoma Longifolia Jack

  1. Ashwagandha & Eurycoma Longifolia Jack


    I was looking to these supplements and i saw they both have research backing them up. But they are not really known like forskolin and arachidonic acid. I would like your opinion.

    • THE ERGOGENIC EFFECTS OF EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA JACK: A PILOT STUDY S. Hamzah, A. Yusof.



    • Examining The Effect Of Withania Somnifera Supplementation On Muscle Strength And Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial
    • Effects Of Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha) And Terminalia Arjuna (Arjuna) On Physical Performance And Cardiorespiratory Endurance In Healthy Young Adults
    • Exploratory Study To Evaluate Tolerability, Safety, And Activity Of Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) In Healthy Volunteers


  2. I use Ashwagandha for the KSM-66 daily. I think it's a great supplement. I won't say it's life changing, but it's a great addition.
    Lead iForce Nutrition Representative
    •   
       


  3. You can get M test for around $30 and there are some great deals out there. It has a daily serving for 695mg of ksm66 and 500mg of eurycoma longifolia with more supplements added for more benefits!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS REPRESENTATIVE

  4. Quote Originally Posted by The Express 42 View Post
    You can get M test for around $30 and there are some great deals out there. It has a daily serving for 695mg of ksm66 and 500mg of eurycoma longifolia with more supplements added for more benefits!
    I was more interested in these individual products ability to increase power and lean mass.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by The Express 42 View Post
    You can get M test for around $30 and there are some great deals out there. It has a daily serving for 695mg of ksm66 and 500mg of eurycoma longifolia with more supplements added for more benefits!
    In terms of strength and lean mass have you noticed something different?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Vlaw View Post
    I was looking to these supplements and i saw they both have research backing them up. But they are not really known like forskolin and arachidonic acid. I would like your opinion.

    • THE ERGOGENIC EFFECTS OF EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA JACK: A PILOT STUDY S. Hamzah, A. Yusof.
    These are definitely two popular ingredients used in natural testosterone products. I think ashwagandha provides a ton of great benefits, but does not directly relate to strength and lean mass. Ashwagandha helps me with recovery and stress, which can be beneficial to your progress in the long run.

    If you're interested in both of these ingredients, I would check out Alphamax XT, which contains both of these and some other great ingredients. Alphamax XT is a very well rounded product that can help with natural test as well as improved recovery.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    These are definitely two popular ingredients used in natural testosterone products. I think ashwagandha provides a ton of great benefits, but does not directly relate to strength and lean mass. Ashwagandha helps me with recovery and stress, which can be beneficial to your progress in the long run.

    If you're interested in both of these ingredients, I would check out Alphamax XT, which contains both of these and some other great ingredients. Alphamax XT is a very well rounded product that can help with natural test as well as improved recovery.
    So in these studies the effects on strength and lean mass were probably a result of stress reduction?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    These are definitely two popular ingredients used in natural testosterone products. I think ashwagandha provides a ton of great benefits, but does not directly relate to strength and lean mass. Ashwagandha helps me with recovery and stress, which can be beneficial to your progress in the long run.

    If you're interested in both of these ingredients, I would check out Alphamax XT, which contains both of these and some other great ingredients. Alphamax XT is a very well rounded product that can help with natural test as well as improved recovery.
    I am aware of the alphamax but I can find these ingredients even forskolin much cheaper in my country through a company which sells them in individual form.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Vlaw View Post
    I am aware of the alphamax but I can find these ingredients even forskolin much cheaper in my country through a company which sells them in individual form.
    Be sure that they are quality extracts. For ashwagandha, KSM-66 is quality, as is Sensoril. You really want an extract standardized for withanolide using HPLC, not titration/gravimetry/etc. A lot of extracts on the market use the other testing methods, which will give a reading ~2-3x higher than HPLC, meaning they’re giving an overly-high reading, leading you to believe that you’re getting more withanolide than you really are. As for tongkat ali, if you’re buying an individual product, not a multi-ingredient product, the extract should taste very bitter; this is one way to try to figure out if it’s a quality extract. As for forskolin, also make sure that it’s standardized. 95% is very different than 5-20% forskolin, and needs to be dosed accordingly. Products like AlphaMax and M-Test are actually pretty solid deals, and also pretty convenient. I️ do understand wanting to go with individual ingredients though.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Vlaw View Post
    I am aware of the alphamax but I can find these ingredients even forskolin much cheaper in my country through a company which sells them in individual form.
    as @muscleupcrohn mentioned, the extract can make or break the usefulness of an ingredient... its the reason most products that have multiple ingredients use the branded (ksm/sensoril/f95/etc) versions vs just cheaper bulks. Price alone is usually not the best factor as cost:benefit makes all the difference.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Be sure that they are quality extracts. For ashwagandha, KSM-66 is quality, as is Sensoril. You really want an extract standardized for withanolide using HPLC, not titration/gravimetry/etc. A lot of extracts on the market use the other testing methods, which will give a reading ~2-3x higher than HPLC, meaning they’re giving an overly-high reading, leading you to believe that you’re getting more withanolide than you really are. As for tongkat ali, if you’re buying an individual product, not a multi-ingredient product, the extract should taste very bitter; this is one way to try to figure out if it’s a quality extract. As for forskolin, also make sure that it’s standardized. 95% is very different than 5-20% forskolin, and needs to be dosed accordingly. Products like AlphaMax and M-Test are actually pretty solid deals, and also pretty convenient. I️ do understand wanting to go with individual ingredients though.
    I buy biovea products forskolin is 95, tongkat Ali is 1:100 in pill form and ashwaghandha in 500mg with 70mg of it being extract, 5% withanolide. I bought a forskolin product yesterday and now I was between tongkat Ali and ashwaghandha.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Vlaw View Post
    I buy biovea products forskolin is 95, tongkat Ali is 1:100 in pill form and ashwaghandha in 500mg with 70mg of it being extract, 5% withanolide. I bought a forskolin product yesterday and now I was between tongkat Ali and ashwaghandha.
    At 70mg of 5% withanolide, assuming HPLC standardization, you’d need ~8 caps to get the 600mg of 5% extract that’s used in many studies. Granted, lower doses have been shown to have some benefits, but I’d still aim for the “full” dose. The non-standardized powder is not likely to give you a very high withanolide content. If you can get it where you are, Jarrow makes KSM-66 caps, 300mg each; you only need 2 per day for the full dose, and they’re very affordable. As for the tongkat ali, is take a cap and dump it in a little bit of water; see if it tastes bitter. If it doesn’t, it’s not the best sign IMO.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    At 70mg of 5% withanolide, assuming HPLC standardization, you’d need ~8 caps to get the 600mg of 5% extract that’s used in many studies. Granted, lower doses have been shown to have some benefits, but I’d still aim for the “full” dose. The non-standardized powder is not likely to give you a very high withanolide content. If you can get it where you are, Jarrow makes KSM-66 caps, 300mg each; you only need 2 per day for the full dose, and they’re very affordable. As for the tongkat ali, is take a cap and dump it in a little bit of water; see if it tastes bitter. If it doesn’t, it’s not the best sign IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    as @muscleupcrohn mentioned, the extract can make or break the usefulness of an ingredient... its the reason most products that have multiple ingredients use the branded (ksm/sensoril/f95/etc) versions vs just cheaper bulks. Price alone is usually not the best factor as cost:benefit makes all the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    These are definitely two popular ingredients used in natural testosterone products. I think ashwagandha provides a ton of great benefits, but does not directly relate to strength and lean mass. Ashwagandha helps me with recovery and stress, which can be beneficial to your progress in the long run.

    If you're interested in both of these ingredients, I would check out Alphamax XT, which contains both of these and some other great ingredients. Alphamax XT is a very well rounded product that can help with natural test as well as improved recovery.
    Just to close the topic which should i choose? The cost for Tongkat ali is 35 dollars and for Ashwagandha 16 dollars.
    Name:  ash.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  244.9 KBName:  biovea_ashwagandha_570_120_large.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  24.7 KBName:  biovea-tongkat-ali-sf.gif
Views: 218
Size:  7.2 KBName:  biovea-tongkat-ali.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  9.2 KB

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Vlaw View Post
    Just to close the topic which should i choose? The cost for Tongkat ali is 35 dollars and for Ashwagandha 16 dollars.
    Attachment 157854Attachment 157855
    Attachment 157856Attachment 157857
    I would try both but not in the same time, to evaluate results.
    Maybe start with ashwagandha 8 weeks and try TA after that.

  15. As far as Forskolin, if it's quality, the percentage doesn't matter. 20% of a 250mg cap, is actually more Forskolin than 95% of a 50mg cap (a true 50mg vs 47.5mg). A poor man's way of testing quality is if it causes you to hit the john within 30-60 minutes (not a guarantee, but something you can watch for):

    The most common side effect in response to consuming Forskolin is diarrhea due to increased cAMP within the smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, resulting in greater contractions and motility, meaning, the rate at which things move through your digestive system.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    As far as Forskolin, if it's quality, the percentage doesn't matter. 20% of a 250mg cap, is actually more Forskolin than 95% of a 50mg cap (a true 50mg vs 47.5mg). A poor man's way of testing quality is if it causes you to hit the john within 30-60 minutes (not a guarantee, but something you can watch for):
    Biovea product actually is 20% forskolin actually. I would appreciate your opinion on my latest post in this thread about tongkat Ali and adhwaghanda.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by compan View Post
    I use Ashwagandha for the KSM-66 daily. I think it's a great supplement. I won't say it's life changing, but it's a great addition.
    What dose? 3rd day of 600mg for me

  18. These both look good, but if you want to determine what each ingredient is doing I would take them at different times. I would start with Ashwagandha and see how it treats you. Keep in mind also that only 70mg of the ashwagandha is standardized to 5%. The other 500mg doesn't say, so you don't really know what you're getting there.

    Back to my previous comment for the future, if you're looking for an all in one product with forskolin, ashwagandha, and tongkat ali; save yourself some money and pick up Alphamax XT. It contains 300mg standardized ashwagandha and a stronger Tongkat Ali extract as well
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post
    What dose? 3rd day of 600mg for me
    That's what I use
    Lead iForce Nutrition Representative

  20. Quote Originally Posted by compan View Post
    That's what I use
    Notice my conversation and social awareness is a lot better to be honest.

  21. There is a reason a lot of companies are adding these into their natural anabolic products, AlphaMax XT and M-Test. The research is promising. Not only from a performance and body composition standpoint, but also from a health standpoint.

    If healthy people take 3-5 ashwagandha capsules every day, their muscle strength and lean body mass increase and their fat percentage decreases. In addition, taking this herb, which is used in the ayurveda tradition, reduces the chance of cardiovascular disease. Researchers at the ICMR Advanced Centre for Reverse Pharmacology in Traditional Medicine discovered this.
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ashwagandha-...ercentage.html

    If infertile men take three capsules containing Ashwagandha – Latin name Withania somnifera – every day for a couple of months, their testosterone level rises by 17 percent and their sperm cell concentration increases by 167 percent. Doctors at Mahalaxmi Clinic in Mumbai, India write about it in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
    http://www.ergo-log.com/human-study-...one-level.html

    Participants were 18-23 years old, and both males and females were included. 10 subjects took 500 mg of a standardized extract of ashwagandha daily for 8 weeks, and 10 subjects took a placebo. With 8 weeks of supplementation with ashwagandha, improvements were seen in power, speed, VO2 max, and mind-muscle co-ordination.
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/as...**facebook.com

    Withania somnifera may therefore be useful for generalized weakness and to improve speed and lower limb muscular strength and neuro-muscular co-ordination. Terminalia arjuna may prove useful to improve cardio-vascular endurance and lowering systolic blood pressure. Both drugs appear to be safe for young adults when given for mentioned dosage and duration.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996571/

    These results indicate that daily supplementation with tongkat ali root extract improves stress hormone profile and certain mood state parameters, suggesting that this “ancient” remedy may be an effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of “modern” chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/

    Tongkat Ali is an interesting supplement for athletes over the age of 55. Ralf Henkel of the University of the Western Cape in South African and Ruxiang Wang of the Shenyang Center for Disease Control and Prevention in China drew this conclusion after performing an experiment with 25 older cyclists. Tongkat Ali supplementation gave the cyclists more muscle power and boosted their testosterone levels.
    http://www.ergo-log.com/tongkat-ali-...r-fifties.html

    Chemical analysis showed that the Eurycoma-treated rats had elevated luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), both of which play a role in elevating testosterone in mammals. The researchers said that those elevated chemicals, in addition to the reduced estradiol levels, are what caused Eurycoma longifolia to elevate testosterone.
    https://www.t-nation.com/supplements...e-testosterone
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post
    Notice my conversation and social awareness is a lot better to be honest.
    I do feel like I'm calmer and handle stress better. I take 600mg as a supplement but also drink a tea blend I make that has some in it.
    Lead iForce Nutrition Representative

  23. Quote Originally Posted by compan View Post
    I do feel like I'm calmer and handle stress better. I take 600mg as a supplement but also drink a tea blend I make that has some in it.
    Have you ever tried higher doses?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post
    Have you ever tried higher doses?
    Technically yeah with the tea which I feel pretty much how I described early; even and calm. I don't really know what the total dose is though with the additional tea.
    Lead iForce Nutrition Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Eurycoma Longifolia Jack
    By Todd Garner in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 07:56 AM
  3. Eurycoma Longifolia
    By dvr2470 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
  4. Eurycoma Longifolia
    By PowerHouse555 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
  5. Eurycoma/Long Jack question
    By parttimer in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Log in
Log in