Supplements for training recovery

  1. Supplements for training recovery


    What recommendations do you have?
    I realise I probably need a deload week, or to stop 2 hour lifting sessions.

    Bodies feeling a bit worn, does anything help?

    Things such as:
    Tart Cherry
    L-Glutamine
    LCLT
    HMB
    Cissus


  2. lol I have actually tried all of these, except for LCLT (what is that?). Nah didnt work for me. Tons of food & sleep do the trick.
    •   
       


  3. I would agree with @BennyMagoo79 - sleep is the recovery KING. HMB and ZMA might be helpful, and you could experiment with adding in some of these ingredients to your post or intra workout. I think glutamine can be helpful to an extent with recovery. Creatine can be helpful too

    I would also check out Intramax (some retailers are still carrying Powermax XT). It's a solid daily ergogenic supplement that can help with recovery, power/performance, and also help with pumps and fullness. It's a very complete product that contains tested ingredients and studied doses.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    lol I have actually tried all of these, except for LCLT (what is that?). Nah didnt work for me. Tons of food & sleep do the trick.
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

    I'm not a huge eater to be honest, and I generally sleep ok.
  5. Supplements for training recovery


    - cisuss CAN help for some joint injuries (check examine.com for cissus quadrangularis)

    - 15g gelatine a day, best with ~200mg Vitamin c can or will help to improve the collagen synthese (you can buy powdered gelatine)

    (m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/11/15/ajcn.116.138594.abstract)

    - things like msm, glucosamin etc. help with the pain but not with the inflammation! so its just temporary.

    oh and L-Glutamine doesnt help with regeneration IF your daily protein intake is ~2g/kg; the only reason to supplement glutamine is to support your digestive system or to boost your immune system during you are ill.


    of course you should have enough

    - zinc
    - vitamin d
    - calcium
    - phosphorus
    - and obviously protein

    (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17241917)
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    What recommendations do you have?
    I realise I probably need a deload week, or to stop 2 hour lifting sessions.

    Bodies feeling a bit worn, does anything help?

    Things such as:
    Tart Cherry
    L-Glutamine
    LCLT
    HMB
    Cissus
    First questions are not supplements they are..
    How often are you training for 2 hours?
    How much cardio are you doing? (Which hampers recovery)
    What is your nutrition like?
    How much are you sleeping?
    Do you do any forms of ART? Stretching? Rolling?

    The supplements are the very small part of the big picture which you will end up spending more money on instead of your food and taking care of sleep to help recover.

    You even said yourself you train a lot and should probably cut back. There is the red flag. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best. Getting comfortable with doing less with most of the times aid recovery and help your strength. Some people think more = better, that is not always the case with anything in life. There is a law of diminishing returns when it comes to training volume and frequency.

    LCLT (Recovery)
    HMB (Recovery)
    HICA (Recovery/Endurance)
    Glutamine does not aid recovery, MAYBE digestion aid if anything. There is not a single study to back glutamine for performance because 99% of people will get plenty from whole food.
    Beta-Alanine (Endurance/Performance)
    Creatine (Strength/Endurnace/Performance)
    Peak02 (Increase VO2 Max)

    Refer to my thread here about glutamine:
    Glutamine! Amazing or Scam?
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  7. Swanson Ultra Muscle Comfort Formula helps a little bit.

  8. Are you taking the basics? Without the basics like creatine, BCAA's and others you shouldn't even consider anything more advanced. I like Betaine too. There are quite a few I like but a good protein supplement is the best start!

    I do really think HumaPro is a great supplement for recovery IMHO.
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

  9. Eaas sustamine taurine tmg beta alanine and orotic acid with some carbs intra is the best comprehensive formula that I have used. I got very good results from hi techs laxo 100 as well.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818

  10. Sleep is a BIG ONE (I have had terrible sleep for the past week and it's really affected my recovery)

    Food - BURGERS or just more carbs/fat always help with my recovery

    Supplements such as creatine, Beta Alanine, Finish Line by Iforce is a GREAT recovery product
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  11. Food and sleep are def king... Something that could help in both aspects would be SNS Growth Factor XT as it can increase hunger as well as help provide deeper sleep which would help take care of both your aspects!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  12. good peri workout nutrition and enough sleep (7+ hours imo)

  13. I take a crap load of gelatin everyday as well. I've found it to be the best thing for joints and tendons and really helps mine after being dried out from loads of anti-histamines I have to take for allergies


    Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    - cisuss CAN help for some joint injuries (check examine.com for cissus quadrangularis)

    - 15g gelatine a day, best with ~200mg Vitamin c can or will help to improve the collagen synthese (you can buy powdered gelatine)

    (m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/11/15/ajcn.116.138594.abstract)

    - things like msm, glucosamin etc. help with the pain but not with the inflammation! so its just temporary.

    oh and L-Glutamine doesnt help with regeneration IF your daily protein intake is ~2g/kg; the only reason to supplement glutamine is to support your digestive system or to boost your immune system during you are ill.


    of course you should have enough

    - zinc
    - vitamin d
    - calcium
    - phosphorus
    - and obviously protein

    (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17241917)

  14. To OP, assuming a person is getting the basics like 8 hours sleep and sufficient protein and carbs, these supplements have helped me the most with recovery:

    Tri-Pep BCAA taken directly before workout or intra-workout. I mix mine with Gaspari Glycofuse.

    Citruline Malate, beta-alanine, L-arginine and creatine.

    ZMA, Tribulous Terrestris, Long Jack, and vitamin D3.

    HMB helps me very much with strength but makes me feel run-down and tired all the time.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Alistair_ View Post
    To OP, assuming a person is getting the basics like 8 hours sleep and sufficient protein and carbs, these supplements have helped me the most with recovery:

    Tri-Pep BCAA taken directly before workout or intra-workout. I mix mine with Gaspari Glycofuse.

    Citruline Malate, beta-alanine, L-arginine and creatine.

    ZMA, Tribulous Terrestris, Long Jack, and vitamin D3.

    HMB helps me very much with strength but makes me feel run-down and tired all the time.
    If you’re talking citrulline, you really don’t need arginine; citrulline > arginine.

    Also, HMB is solid for recovery, but I’ve never heard of it making people feel run-down at all, in studies or user feedback. That’s strange. Did you change any other variables when you used HMB?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    If you’re talking citrulline, you really don’t need arginine; citrulline > arginine.

    Also, HMB is solid for recovery, but I’ve never heard of it making people feel run-down at all, in studies or user feedback. That’s strange. Did you change any other variables when you used HMB?
    Just my experience with HMB and I speculate it to be from Leucine's ability to reduce serotonin levels in the brain. (With HMB being a metabolite of leucine).
    I even tried talking Prozac with HMB to no avail.

    I don't take any SSRI medications or anxiety meds, just for experimentation, thought I'd try it to see if it would counter the HMB induced depression.

    I get the same effect from plain free form BCAA. The Tri-Pep BCAA are the only ones I've been able to take that don't give me the run down, depressed feeling.

  17. I like Humapro and sometimes use Finish Line. Humapro is everyday
    “I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be”

  18. Training, diet (don’t forget water) and sleep are the big 3 that will effect recovery. Make sure these are all in line before you spend money on supplements that may not help you. I haven’t used a lot of supplements specifically for this, but I do use IntraMax every training session.

    Intramax is designed to be an intraworkout but can’t be used intra and post (how I use it).

    Name:  IMG_0848.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  566.3 KB
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  19. Maybe up your protein or get bulk Leucine powder.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  20. My experience with BCAAs is they do nothing but slowly ruin the GI tract (I was taking BCAAs while fasted for some time, maybe I should have been taking with food)

    Creatine, Betaine, citrulline, agmatine, and arginine are fantastic for performance but I don't feel any recovery benefits from these.

    Fish oil is magnificent. 6g a day for me does the trick.

    Fibre is underrated. 2-3 cups of oats & 2 cups of kale are my staple for fibre intake. I have fallen out the habit a couple times over the last 3 yrs and really notice I get run down within 2 or 3 weeks. Oats with honey (or brown sugar muahahahahaha) is how I work 11hrs on the tools after 4am squat sessions.

    Also, deload. I deload every 4 or 6 weeks depending on what training protocol I'm using. It's hard at first but then you get into a rhythm with it and you can actually control how your body peaks and progresses.

  21. In no way is the OP's question related to supplements. Kinda sad to see the mindless shilling of products here when the answer is related to his training frequency/intensity and nutrition.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    In no way is the OP's question related to supplements. Kinda sad to see the mindless shilling of products here when the answer is related to his training frequency/intensity and nutrition.
    Is it not? The title has the word “supplements” in it, and OP asked if any ingredients/supplements would help, even giving a list of supplements in question.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    In no way is the OP's question related to supplements. Kinda sad to see the mindless shilling of products here when the answer is related to his training frequency/intensity and
    nutrition.
    Did you forget how to read?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    In no way is the OP's question related to supplements. Kinda sad to see the mindless shilling of products here when the answer is related to his training frequency/intensity and nutrition.
    The title of this thread is “supplements for training recovery”.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  25. Omg lol
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Natural recovery supplements for training everyday
    By awarebrah in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 04:17 AM
  3. supplements for MMA training ?
    By mmacrazy in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 07:49 PM
  4. Very successful Supplement plan for tendon recovery
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:14 AM
  5. Supplements for post surgery and recovery
    By prld2gr8ns in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Log in
Log in