Taking On Anxiety

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I really wish lsd was not illegal. I truly believe that this could be a serious game changer in mental health diseases

2. Also you mentioned sociopaths...there is no treatment for that. It is a personality disorder and completely different from psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia and depression. They canít be helped with medications as their issues arenít caused by the same factors. They are literally just wired differently to not give a **** about others, cause harm to others, and only see themselves as valuable, among other traits.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I really wish lsd was not illegal. I truly believe that this could be a serious game changer in mental health diseases
    Yeah thereís a lot of buzz now about so called micro dosing lsd as a treatment for various illnesses. Though it being schedule 1 in the US it will likely never get tested for such purposes, at least not any time soon. And we will have to go off anecdotal reports, or shotty trials run by other countries, though even that is unlikely. The more likely scenario is to find other compounds that have the same receptor binding affinities as lsd in these small doses and then test those analogs as a non scheduled drug.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I really wish lsd was not illegal. I truly believe that this could be a serious game changer in mental health diseases
    There is actually study I heard of where people use psychedelics and empathogens responsibly ,key word ,-responsible people, have slightly better mental health than people who never used them. I didnt see the study, just heard about it

Its easy as patient goes to Doctor, doctor im depressed, im down, I need something to make me happy. Doctor writes a script.

For the people who were put on them from their Doctor and didn't truly need them, chemical imbalances galore, and people stay on them for life because they're scared to come off them because of the chemical imbalances it takes for the body to get back to homeostasis.

As far as sociopaths yes they are the people that have no remorse for killing others like people that shoot up churches, etc. According to research, Just about all the people that shot up and killed people were on psychotic prescription drugs.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

5. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Yep, I completely agree with this. California is moving to try and legalize psilocybin now, so the thought process is gaining on a larger scale. Not LSD, but still has shown to have positive effects on people- especially those with chronic migraines.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I can tell you that using a breathe right and taping your mouth shut isn't going to help anyone other than maybe you. LOL
    I was speaking specifically about physiological, stress induced, low CO2 blood levels, not brain chemistry related stuff. Remember the old "breathing in a paper bag"? Well... Research it. I'm surprised you dismissed it so quickly.

Edit: This saved my sanity: http://www.rbphd.com/Docs/breathingretraining.htm follow on research using "over breathing" search in Google if interested.

Just put it up as a FYI, and in case the OP fell into the category - not for peeps that actually need drugs for chemistry problems.

7. A new product from Hydrapharm. might be of interest to the OP @Mr_Physique

Emoxypine - https://www.predatornutrition.com/no...emoxypine.html

Emoxypine is an antioxidant that is similar in chemical structure to Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). Its mechanism of action involves its ability to function as an antioxidant and its membrane protective effects.

Users of this supplement can expect to experience anti-stress, neuroprotective effects, anti-inflammation and nootropic properties when using this ingredient. This is due to its ability to inhibit free radical oxidation, increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes, play a key role in the modulation of the receptor complexes of the brain membranes and the activity of membrane-bound enzymes, stabilise bio-membranes and increase the dopamine content in the brain.
    Predator Nutrition - Exclusive Supplements
    Worldwide shipping - Exclusive Products - Loyalty Scheme - Free Gifts

Visit PredatorNutrition.com

8. I've tried emoxypine from a few distributors and to completely honest, I cannot say if it works. It may, but the effects are very subtle. I would be curious if this is something that works better for long term use as it does have some health benefits.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I've tried emoxypine from a few distributors and to completely honest, I cannot say if it works. It may, but the effects are very subtle. I would be curious if this is something that works better for long term use as it does have some health benefits.
    I had the same results (or lack of notable results) from emoxypine. However, I only used it for a week or two.

10. Has anyone tried bromantane?

11. I have not.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    Has anyone tried bromantane?
    Tried one sample but didn't notice anything.

Strangely enough (considering how stim sensitive I am), 50 mg of modafinil really reduces my social anxiety (and depression).

13. Wow, that is very strange indeed. That is the exact opposite of what you would think would happen. For me, I don't want to be around people, I just want to get things done and not be bothered. When I am interrupted I get very agitated and when in social situations, just want to get away.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Wow, that is very strange indeed. That is the exact opposite of what you would think would happen. For me, I don't want to be around people, I just want to get things done and not be bothered. When I am interrupted I get very agitated and when in social situations, just want to get away.
    Maybe it has something to do with the low dosage...or me just being weird...or both? I don't know. I just know I focus much better at work (get a lot done) and actually leave my office to talk to people occasionally.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Mr Physique View Post
    No. I used to love pot tho. It gives me anxiety now like nothing else.

I've heard in legal states there are good strands for anxiety but at this point I almost find it hard to believe.
    Use to be a daily smoker. But get bad anxiety also

16. Quote Originally Posted by jarrellt67 View Post
    Tried one sample but didn't notice anything.

Strangely enough (considering how stim sensitive I am), 50 mg of modafinil really reduces my social anxiety (and depression).
    You are prob a ďresponderĒ to modafinil. Unfortunately it doesnít do much for me. They think the enhancing effects of the drug are related to whether or not you have a specific variant in a dopamine gene. I have the one version of the gene shown in studies to not respond to modafinil. Or at least for me it doesnít do anything caffeine doesnít do. Itís a very interesting drug though, and influences practically every neurotransmitter, so it can deff elevate mood, especially if you are stim sensitive.
  17. Taking On Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Wow, that is very strange indeed. That is the exact opposite of what you would think would happen. For me, I don't want to be around people, I just want to get things done and not be bothered. When I am interrupted I get very agitated and when in social situations, just want to get away.
    The influence stimulants have on personality or behavior likely stems from whatever personality type you are to begin with. If you are an introvert like me, and an analyst (NT), likely stims will make you want to get away from people and get back to being ďproductiveĒ, whereas I know extroverted individuals that might have anxiety or lack of confidence but want to socialize find stims let them get out of their shell some and be more like themselves.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mr Physique View Post
    Sup brahs,

So I battle mild-ish anxiety. It's on and off throughout the day of me typically freaking out about my heart. I also feel like my heart beat is rapid or I'm having a heart attack lol (I know this isn't true from checking my pulse, having others, seeing a doc about heart health, etc.)

I'm sure some of you with anxiety know what I'm talking about. It's pretty stupid, but it ****s me up.

I've seen a lot of bros recommend different things for anxiety. So those of you who've tried what do you recommend?

Note: I have not tried taking anything at this point to try to combat my anxiety. I do not wish to go on any prescription drugs either. But I've seen people say about pregnolone, kratom, dopamine, etc
    The key is finding a non-addictive combination of compounds that tackles anxiety from all angles.

The following combination can be VERY effective for many people and would be readily prescribed by most doctors if asked for.

Metoprolol (10-25 mg, once per day, as needed): This drug is a cardio-selective beta-blocker, which stops epinephrine (e.g. adrenalin) from binding to and activating receptor sites in cardiac tissue. This stops the heart from responding to the increase in epinephrine that accompanies an anxiety attack, which is responsible for the increase in heart rate and the "my heart is pounding out of my chest" feeling that can make anxiety attacks so unbearable. By eliminating the primary physical symptom associated with anxiety attacks, it not only makes the user feel much better, but it stops the physical-emotional circle effect, in which the individual experiences an increased heart rate, which leads to worrying, which leads to a further increase in heart rate, which leads to more worrying, etc. Metoprolol effectively breaks this pattern of unwanted, self-induced anxiety escalation, while simultaneously helping to deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety. This drug is very effective, but should only be used "ass-needed"--when you feel an anxiety attack coming on or are already having one. It can make you sleepy (dosage will largely determine to what degree this takes place), so take the minimum dose necessary.

HydroxyZine (10-50 mg, once per day, as needed): HydroxyZine is a serotonin-selective antihistamine indicated for the treatment of anxiety, as it works on both the histamine receptor and a specific subset of serotonin receptors. It works quickly, providing effects in as little as 20 minutes. It should be used on an "as-needed" basis and is often administered before bed to both improve sleep and eliminate nocturnal anxiety. Due to its fairly long active life, before bed use often allows its anti-anxiety effects to extend into the next day, but without causing the sleepiness that tends to occur during the first 8 hours of use. Like Metoprolol, HydroxyZine is non-habit forming. Tolerance build-up is minimal. The most noticeable side effect associated with HydroxyZine is sedation, but this tends to decrease over time and as mentioned previously, is greatly reduced if used before bed.

Lexapro (5-20 mg, once daily): Indicated in the treatment of both depression and anxiety, Lexapro belongs to the class of drugs known as Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors. It is typically administered on a daily basis, once per day, at 5-20 mg/day, with 10 mg daily being the typical starting dose. Depending on personal response the dosage can be titrated upwards or downwards after the first 4 weeks. Although Lexapro does not usually provide immediate anxiety relief (in some cases it does), it is considered quite effective over the long-term, with many patients responding very positively after blood levels have reached peak concentrations. Like the other two drugs mentioned above, Lexapro is non-addictive and often provides long-term anxiety relief, even after the medication has been discontinued.

Although I know you said you do not want to use prescription drugs, for many people they are the only effective option...and unlike some of those options, these are not addictive and have a very low rate of side effects in comparison to the highly addictive and side effect ridden benzodiazepines.

Some non-prescription options include KSM-66 and Sensoril, with KSM-66 more suited for day time use and Sensoril for the evening. There are a bunch of other natural options as well, such as L-theanine, lemon balm,etc. Best results are usually achieved by combining several of these at once.

If you're looking for a research chem (inbetween script and OTC from a legality standpoint), fluorinated phenibut is highly effective. Although it is often called fluorinated phenibut, structurally it is cross between phenibut and gabapentin and supplies a mixed effect profile. It is 10X stronger than phenibut (with a more pronounced anxiolytic effect) and a much shorter active life (about 8 hours vs. 2 days). This is a significant benefit, as it allows the individual to get better results with a much lower dosage, while also enabling the individual to use it more frequently without developing physical dependence. This drug can be used roughly 3-4X per week without developing dependence issues.
    MA Labs (masupps.com)

Discount Code (20% off): AM20

19. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    You are prob a ďresponderĒ to modafinil. Unfortunately it doesnít do much for me. They think the enhancing effects of the drug are related to whether or not you have a specific variant in a dopamine gene. I have the one version of the gene shown in studies to not respond to modafinil. Or at least for me it doesnít do anything caffeine doesnít do. Itís a very interesting drug though, and influences practically every neurotransmitter, so it can deff elevate mood, especially if you are stim sensitive.
    That's how it effects me as well

20. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    The influence stimulants have on personality or behavior likely stems from whatever personality type you are to begin with. If you are an introvert like me, and an analyst (NT), likely stims will make you want to get away from people and get back to being “productive”, whereas I know extroverted individuals that might have anxiety or lack of confidence but want to socialize find stims let them get out of their shell some and be more like themselves.
    No, it actually has to do with the chemical structure of modafinil. Having R and the S isomers, if you are an extrovert, like I am, it typically will make you very alert and talkative, but only about whatever task you are focused on at that time. Modafinil "feels" much stronger and is very task oriented. Interruptions to these tasks can be irritating. It's not really a social stimulant, but more of a "let's get things done".

Armodafinil, which I happen to much prefer, is similar, but only contains the S isomer, and has a much cleaner feel with a slower ramp up. It provides the wakefulness and desire to get things done, but it is not as much of a punch in the face. So the onset is longer and the half life is longer while making you feel more comfortable and not as stimmed out.

As you mention stims affect people differently and for an extrovert as myself, it can be a bit much. I love my stims, but some really crack me out- I can’t stand DMAA. On the flip side, they can make an introvert feel uncomfortable by being taken out of their comfort zone. But, we can't lump finils into just stimulants. They are a different animal.

21. F Phenibut seems pretty interesting but since I started reading about it around a year ago, I haven seen much on it. I like that it has a shorter life and faster onset because that really ruined Phenibut for me. I didn’t know when it would kick in and then it lasted for days, so I’d be in a fog the whole next day.

22. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Are you on long term prescription drugs like ssri's, ssni's to boost happy chemicals?

going low is part of the process, thats when the weak crumble. I know its cliche, when you least expect it, when things are at their lowest, things get better.
    Well said brother. Agreed.
  23. Taking On Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4bama15 View Post
    For me itís Kratom and 5-HTP. Iím very responsive to 5-HTP and havenít gotten the dosing right yet but it seems like 50-75mg daily and it works better than the Paroxetine that I recently quit taking after being on for 4 years. Next step is to drop the Kratom and add either GABA or Picamillon. Phenibut is great but like many have stated it is addictive and has the same downsides as benzodiazepines. I tried picamillon once but maybe I was looking for it to be as strong as phenibut.
    I will say that when I take GABA in its regular form I deff get an anxiolytic effect. Iíve tried it multiple times and ruled out placebo just from the consistency with each dose. However, all the research out there says GABA taken orally doesnít really get through the BBB...so this is one of those issues that I will say Iíd go off personal experimentation rather than the research. Maybe it works indirectly through other neurotransmitters or decreases cns gaba efflux. Idk but I deff think itís a good alternative to Rx anxiolytics, assuming panic attacks or ptsd isnít the issue being treated

24. Quote Originally Posted by PredNutrition View Post
    Emoxypine is an antioxidant that is similar in chemical structure to Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). Its mechanism of action involves its ability to function as an antioxidant and its membrane protective effects.

Users of this supplement can expect to experience anti-stress, neuroprotective effects, anti-inflammation and nootropic properties when using this ingredient. This is due to its ability to inhibit free radical oxidation, increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes, play a key role in the modulation of the receptor complexes of the brain membranes and the activity of membrane-bound enzymes, stabilise bio-membranes and increase the dopamine content in the brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I would be curious if this is something that works better for long term use as it does have some health benefits.
    Choline and Vitamin B-12 could be a significantly cheaper substitute for Emoxypine. CDP and Alpha-GPC have been shown to increase BDNF, improve neurotransmittion and is a component of membrane sheaths.
    Improving and strengthening physical brain health could/should help improve overall cognition and psychological health.

25. i have anxiety issues. I do not want to go the route of prescriptions and have tried to manage it on my own through, exercise and running. Im on holy basil and kava kava during the day, and I take valerian at night as i have sleep problems. So far im managing. Anxiety sucks, sometimes im literally paralyze with fear. I have turned to my Catholic roots and researched the bibles take on it, this is helpful for those that want to take that route. Phenibut was helpful, but i only took it sporadically as I know its addicting, and really the only thing I want to be addicted to is training.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bobo your take on Cardio
    By Sixpack in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
  2. Here's my take on LR3 and t-3
    By JohnnyB in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:47 PM
  3. my take on m4ohn...
    By julius kelp in forum Anabolics