The FDA issues a warning against the use of SARMs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

https://www.stack3d.com/2017/10/fda-sarms-warning.html

The FDA has issued a release today in relation to selective androgen receptor modulators, better known as SARMs, typically promoted to help users build muscle. Its essentially a warning against the use of bodybuilding and sports supplements containing those types ingredients, some examples being Ostarine and Cardarine.

In the release from the FDA, the agency says that while there are SARMs products out there marketed as dietary supplements, they are not dietary supplements, and are actually considered unapproved drugs. It warns against the use of the products saying that life-threatening reactions have occurred including liver toxicity.

The FDA also mentions that SARMs also have the potential to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and the long-term effects on the body are unknown. You can read the main exert from the FDAs release below or check out the entire story on the agencys website at fda.gov.

We are extremely concerned about unscrupulous companies marketing body-building products with potentially dangerous ingredients. Body-building products that contain selective androgen receptor modulators, or SARMs, have not been approved by the FDA and are associated with serious safety concerns, including potential to increase the risk of heart attack or stroke and life threatening reactions like liver damage, said Donald D. Ashley, J.D., director of the Office of Compliance in the FDAs Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

2. Thank God the government's looking out for us.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

3. Almost every company selling SARMs in supplements has an RC site they could sell them on.

Every single company selling them knew they were patented prescription drugs.

Every company selling them knew they were unapproved investigational drugs and that selling them for human consumption is illegal.

And yet instead of just doing the smart thing and selling them not for human consumption, a bunch of idiots decided to start calling them supplements and selling them in the u.s. for human consumption.

Blame the greedy bastards in the industry not the FDA for this one.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

4. Strangely too much Burger King has been linked to some of the same issues. As has too much TV time, overwork for low pay, etc.

However, one reason I wont try sarms personally is because the long term effects are unknown.

5. This is aimed at the "Reads the Ads, Doesn't Research" crowd (which I get). A high % of the members here already know this. Sadly, the "Class of 2018 Nineteen Year Old Ad Readers" is what keeps some unscrupulous people in business - year, after year, after year...
    •   

6. So now we're supposed to listen to the FDA?? The same FDA that approves oxycontin. But that's safe right??
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

7. You think SARMS are bad? Check this out!!

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con.../ucm277152.htm

Like SFreed says, thank god the gov't is looking out for us.

But in all reality, education never hurt. As De_eb says, it's one thing to sell something and tell people it's not safe and there are sides, it's another to not mention the dangers at all and do things you know aren't right.

And let's face it, learning how to research this stuff is a skill in itself. I know when I started researching things, I didn't pick up on half of what I'd pick up on now. Someone may be TRYING to research but may not have the ability to do so - we often take this for granted - and having someone with knowledge point out that, "Hey, this could increase your risk of a stroke" may be the red flag you didn't understand.

In other words, I am all for education - but draw the line at someone else making decisions for the individual. You should be able to do what you want to do, and you should be responsible for the consequences.

8. doesn't surprise me...

9. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    So now we're supposed to listen to the FDA?? The same FDA that approves oxycontin. But that's safe right??
    lol - have you ever read about how the FDA came to being? It was essentially a marketing tool for industry. And, to this day, largely remains so.

10. my favorite part... Cardarine isn't even a SARM. Idiots.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

11. This is a situation where I'll be the one to side with the FDA. I certainly don't think companies should be allowed to mass market research chemicals as dietary supplements. It is one thing when they're sold as an RC and the risk is implied, and it is explicitly stated that the product is a drug. However, we've got Ostarine pills on the market from a variety of brands. Some contain the full chemical name, but I've seen just "Ostarine." Following this logic to the end, we should just deregulate all drugs and allow free marketing of them to the public. Like back in 1920.

On a completely unrelated note, Ostarine elevated my liver enzymes when I took it.

12. So do Nsaids.

13. misses the point...

14. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    So now we're supposed to listen to the FDA?? The same FDA that approves oxycontin. But that's safe right??
    What kind of argument is this?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

15. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    That FDA is only slightly interested in safety. Commercial pressure comes first.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    A logical one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    OLYMPUS LABS REP - DemiGod

USE CODE OLYMPUS30 TO SAVE 30% ON ALL OL SUPPLEMENTS

17. Come on did you really think people could sell SARM's as dietary supplements? Researched new drugs that haven't passed clinical trials? This was a huge black eye for the industry. No one should have sold or made these... There's not even a hint of legality here.
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

18. Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mar View Post
    Come on did you really think people could sell SARM's as dietary supplements? Researched new drugs that haven't passed clinical trials? This was a huge black eye for the industry. No one should have sold or made these... There's not even a hint of legality here.
    Many have gone through clinical trials. Ostarine has gone through many trials. LGD a few as well. The standard is certainly not whether a drug is approved because the FDA is corrupt as all. Tons of drugs were never approved simply for financial reasons or BS FDA standards. I agree none should have ever been "supplements" and some (GW50156) should not be sold anywhere research or not.

19. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Almost every company selling SARMs in supplements has an RC site they could sell them on.

Every single company selling them knew they were patented prescription drugs.

Every company selling them knew they were unapproved investigational drugs and that selling them for human consumption is illegal.

And yet instead of just doing the smart thing and selling them not for human consumption, a bunch of idiots decided to start calling them supplements and selling them in the u.s. for human consumption.

Blame the greedy bastards in the industry not the FDA for this one.
    so, you work for a snitch...

20. Quote Originally Posted by bosskardo View Post
    That FDA is only slightly interested in safety. Commercial pressure comes first.
    They are not supplements. They were never supplements.

Regardless of how overzealous the FDA may be, they're not wrong in this particular case whether we like it or not.
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

21. About time. Was a black eye for the industry and never should have happened!
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.

22. Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTone View Post
    A logical one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    How so?

(Most) Drugs have years of drug trials before being sold for human consumption, and then have post release trials so we know most of the risks, down to ones that affect only a small few.

Then medications must be prescribed by a Doc.

Where is the relevance to SARMs being sold as supplements?

23. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only sarm that MAY be liver toxic is YK-11 due to its structure?

Sarms are mostly less dangerous than andros except for S23.

Cardarine is a PPAR that was only shown to have cancer growth in RATS, after having blasted them well over the recommended dosage AND for a few months.

Aside from lethargy and suppression/shutdown which can be easily comabtted with a test base and proper PCT, is there any real danger from sarms?

24. At the levels being dosed they have a host of side effects. Liver toxicity, shut down etc...

They should never have been sold as dietary supplements PERIOD!

25. Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only sarm that MAY be liver toxic is YK-11 due to its structure?

Sarms are mostly less dangerous than andros except for S23.

Cardarine is a PPAR that was only shown to have cancer growth in RATS, after having blasted them well over the recommended dosage AND for a few months.

Aside from lethargy and suppression/shutdown which can be easily comabtted with a test base and proper PCT, is there any real danger from sarms?
    Structure isn't an indicator of liver toxicity. It's about the enzymes ability to break these down. There are lots of non-steroidal things that have liver toxicity. Tylenol for example is very liver toxic and isn't steroidal!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EPO: FDA Issues New Warnings on Anemia Drugs
    By yeahright in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
  2. The Use of Dbol as a Supplement
    By XxCrisisxX in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
  3. ethical implications with the use of AAS?
    By hethcliff in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 10:58 AM
  4. Amount of Order reported to the FDA
    By Arnold_Is_God in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 01:14 AM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 02:49 AM