Tongkat Ali, dosage and affects

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Tongkat Ali, dosage and affects


    Hello all, I recently purchased some Tongkat Ali, Pasak Bumi 200:1, the real stuff from a reputable source. $$$. Itís 300mg per capsule and the bottle recommends 4 capsules per day. This dosage sounds high to me as it is a more concentrated extract and from my research many people use lower dosages of 100:1 or 50:1 extract. I have only taken it for 3 days, 900 mg per day. My motivation for taking Tongkat is primarily for sexual reasons. Thus far, i notice that it makes me tired and gives me the occasional headache. Itís too early to see an increase in libido or EQ, however Iíd like to hear from those who have used it, and a dosage recommendation. ThAnk you


  2. check blood pressure.
    for me it increased it and that made me have headaches
    •   
       


  3. Could anyone comment on the extract ratio and recommendation? The supplement I have has 350mg per serving at a 200:1 ratio. Dumb question I know but would that make it weaker than a 50:1 extract? And regardless what would be a good dose at 200:1? Thanks y'all

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Doyle4281 View Post
    Hello all, I recently purchased some Tongkat Ali, Pasak Bumi 200:1, the real stuff from a reputable source. $$$. Itís 300mg per capsule and the bottle recommends 4 capsules per day. This dosage sounds high to me as it is a more concentrated extract and from my research many people use lower dosages of 100:1 or 50:1 extract. I have only taken it for 3 days, 900 mg per day. My motivation for taking Tongkat is primarily for sexual reasons. Thus far, i notice that it makes me tired and gives me the occasional headache. Itís too early to see an increase in libido or EQ, however Iíd like to hear from those who have used it, and a dosage recommendation. ThAnk you
    The strongest long jack works at 200mg a day max. You know bc it will ďtorqueĒ you out. As if you have endless non-stim energy.

    Long jack is a better test booster than libido booster. If you are using it for sexual health use it 1 days on 2 days off or 3 days on. 4 days off. Something like that or it wonít work for you at all after say 10-20 straight days.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    The strongest long jack works at 200mg a day max. You know bc it will “torque” you out. As if you have endless non-stim energy.

    Long jack is a better test booster than libido booster. If you are using it for sexual health use it 1 days on 2 days off or 3 days on. 4 days off. Something like that or it won’t work for you at all after say 10-20 straight days.
    200mg per day at what extract ratio?
    •   
       


  6. Now, I am slightly confused about the dosage. I understand each person should use their judgement when it comes to assessing your tolerance. However, the bottle of 200:1 extract says 4 pills per day, 300mg each. That’s 1200mg. I lowered my dose to 600mg as I was feeling very tired from 900mg daily. Now I’m hearing 200mg daily. Confused. I don’t want to be taking too much and I don’t want to be eating my time with too little

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Doyle4281 View Post
    Now, I am slightly confused about the dosage. I understand each person should use their judgement when it comes to assessing your tolerance. However, the bottle of 200:1 extract says 4 pills per day, 300mg each. That’s 1200mg. I lowered my dose to 600mg as I was feeling very tired from 900mg daily. Now I’m hearing 200mg daily. Confused. I don’t want to be taking too much and I don’t want to be eating my time with too little
    This. Anyone have any insight to assist?
  8. Tongkat Ali, dosage and affects


    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    200mg per day at what extract ratio?
    Well it depends on the effect. I donít believe those 100:1. 200:1. Thatís not consistent indicator of the results. So I go by the results per the supplier or manufacture. Most of the time if u need 800mg a day etc itís prob 20:1 Not what they say on the bottle.

    The suppliers are not consistent also.

  9. The Tongkat Ali I purchased is Pasak Bumi, 1:200, which is said to be one of the more reliable providers. The suggested dosage is 4 capsules per day, 2 morning, 2 afternoon. That is 1200mg. I am now hearing anywhere from 200mg-2000mg, and that is of lower concentrated extracts. For me 600mg prevents the headache and tiredness. It has been less than a week, so I feel no benefits yet. I have a high tolerance for stims, and work nightshift, so thecaffects are hard to pinpoint.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Well it depends on the effect. I don’t believe those 100:1. 200:1. That’s not consistent indicator of the results. So I go by the results per the supplier or manufacture. Most of the time if u need 800mg a day etc it’s prob 20:1 Not what they say on the bottle.

    The suppliers are not consistent also.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Try that dose 2 days on. 2 off. Long jack is an adaptogen kinda and doesnít work using every day
    Many studies would beg to differ, as they have shown daily use to have a number of benefits. Maybe you find that you enjoy it more with that protocol and/or can extend a run (although some studies have used daily dosing for relatively long periods with success) but itís not correct to say that it ďdoesnít work using every day.Ē
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. So, I have been taking the 200:1 tongkat at 600mg daily 5 on 2 off for about 2 weeks, and I am unsure if it is doing anything. Should I up the dose or give it more time? I’m not feeling anything all that noticeable, interested in libido and eq enhancing. As stated before, the dosage is confusing, as most say take less than the bottle sugggests. Suggestions?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Doyle4281 View Post
    So, I have been taking the 200:1 tongkat at 600mg daily 5 on 2 off for about 2 weeks, and I am unsure if it is doing anything. Should I up the dose or give it more time? Iím not feeling anything all that noticeable, interested in libido and eq enhancing. As stated before, the dosage is confusing, as most say take less than the bottle sugggests. Suggestions?
    Does the extract taste bitter?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  13. I haven’t opened a capsule yet. It’s Pasak Bumi , I’m fairly certain it’s authentic. From, what appears to be a reputable website

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Doyle4281 View Post
    I havenít opened a capsule yet. Itís Pasak Bumi , Iím fairly certain itís authentic. From, what appears to be a reputable website
    Ok. Tongkat Ali extract should taste bitter. The quality extracts Iíve enjoyed have all tasted quite bitter, with the higher potency (standardized)extract being more bitter. Thatís one good way to ďtestĒ the extract in a very basic and simple way. Iíd try dumping a capsule into a small amount of water (an ounce or two), stirring it, and then drinking it. If itís not bitter, then thatís not a good sign. Iíve seen multiple reviews on Amazon for what looks like the product you mentioned saying that it doesnít taste bitter at all. Test it out and weíll go from there. I know of at least a few quality TA extracts.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  15. It’s from thetongkatalishop website. I’ll test a capsule tomorrow. The bottle looks legit Pasak Bumi, dated and all

  16. I just don’t know how much to take, the bottle says 1200mg daily. I haven’t seen that recommendation on any forums. That’s why I take 600mg daily

  17. Pasak Bumi is no longer a guarantee for a quality product. Open the capsule and if it tastes like ashes, it is not good. If you don't feel anything, at least it has not been mixed with brownish Yohimbe Bark extract

  18. I’ll do that tomorrow. Any recommendations for a better source?

  19. I would probably stick with standardized and patented sources such as LJ100 or at least Eurygold.

    I am using and buying TA for several years and the market is now flooded with Chinese heavy metal "tongkat ali". If you find a good source, you are lucky. Pasak Bumi used to be a great, but more and more people complain about its quality.

  20. I’ll look into those sources. What dosage do you recommend? Also, being that you have been taking it so long, what are the affects, and how do you cycle it?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Doyle4281 View Post
    Itís from thetongkatalishop website. Iíll test a capsule tomorrow. The bottle looks legit Pasak Bumi, dated and all
    Iíve also read that they arenít as good as they were in the past, based on some Amazon reviews, but I canít say anything for sure. If it doesnít taste very bitter, than thatíd be a red flag for me. Keep us updated.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  22. That's a higher than normal dose but it's a REALLY good herb for ergogenic effects!
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

  23. I've been taking 600-1200 mg split in 2 doses of a 200:1 extract for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed anything. Should I up the dose to 1200-1800mg split into 2 doses? Or does the tongat I have just suck? It had really positive reviews on Amazon

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    I've been taking 600-1200 mg split in 2 doses of a 200:1 extract for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed anything. Should I up the dose to 1200-1800mg split into 2 doses? Or does the tongat I have just suck? It had really positive reviews on Amazon
    Same here, but I didn’t get mine on amazon. I paid out the ass for it, and it’s not exactly as noticeable as some suggest. I’m only 2 weeks in too, so I’ll stay open minded. I don’t get any energy from it, actually I get tired from it. Libido may possibly be higher, but no animal affect like some describe. I purchased from what I researched is a reliable source. Keep us posted
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tongkat ali dosage ?
    By wilsonrob in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. tongkat ali dosage ?
    By wilsonrob in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Log in
Log in