Tongkat Ali, dosage and affects

Doyle4281

Awards
Hello all, I recently purchased some Tongkat Ali, Pasak Bumi 200:1, the real stuff from a reputable source. $$$. It’s 300mg per capsule and the bottle recommends 4 capsules per day. This dosage sounds high to me as it is a more concentrated extract and from my research many people use lower dosages of 100:1 or 50:1 extract. I have only taken it for 3 days, 900 mg per day. My motivation for taking Tongkat is primarily for sexual reasons. Thus far, i notice that it makes me tired and gives me the occasional headache. It’s too early to see an increase in libido or EQ, however I’d like to hear from those who have used it, and a dosage recommendation. ThAnk you

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
check blood pressure.
for me it increased it and that made me have headaches

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Could anyone comment on the extract ratio and recommendation? The supplement I have has 350mg per serving at a 200:1 ratio. Dumb question I know but would that make it weaker than a 50:1 extract? And regardless what would be a good dose at 200:1? Thanks y'all

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Hello all, I recently purchased some Tongkat Ali, Pasak Bumi 200:1, the real stuff from a reputable source. $$$. It’s 300mg per capsule and the bottle recommends 4 capsules per day. This dosage sounds high to me as it is a more concentrated extract and from my research many people use lower dosages of 100:1 or 50:1 extract. I have only taken it for 3 days, 900 mg per day. My motivation for taking Tongkat is primarily for sexual reasons. Thus far, i notice that it makes me tired and gives me the occasional headache. It’s too early to see an increase in libido or EQ, however I’d like to hear from those who have used it, and a dosage recommendation. ThAnk you
The strongest long jack works at 200mg a day max. You know bc it will “torque” you out. As if you have endless non-stim energy.

Long jack is a better test booster than libido booster. If you are using it for sexual health use it 1 days on 2 days off or 3 days on. 4 days off. Something like that or it won’t work for you at all after say 10-20 straight days.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
The strongest long jack works at 200mg a day max. You know bc it will “torque” you out. As if you have endless non-stim energy.

Long jack is a better test booster than libido booster. If you are using it for sexual health use it 1 days on 2 days off or 3 days on. 4 days off. Something like that or it won’t work for you at all after say 10-20 straight days.
200mg per day at what extract ratio?

Doyle4281

Awards
Now, I am slightly confused about the dosage. I understand each person should use their judgement when it comes to assessing your tolerance. However, the bottle of 200:1 extract says 4 pills per day, 300mg each. That’s 1200mg. I lowered my dose to 600mg as I was feeling very tired from 900mg daily. Now I’m hearing 200mg daily. Confused. I don’t want to be taking too much and I don’t want to be eating my time with too little

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Now, I am slightly confused about the dosage. I understand each person should use their judgement when it comes to assessing your tolerance. However, the bottle of 200:1 extract says 4 pills per day, 300mg each. That’s 1200mg. I lowered my dose to 600mg as I was feeling very tired from 900mg daily. Now I’m hearing 200mg daily. Confused. I don’t want to be taking too much and I don’t want to be eating my time with too little
This. Anyone have any insight to assist?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
200mg per day at what extract ratio?
Well it depends on the effect. I don’t believe those 100:1. 200:1. That’s not consistent indicator of the results. So I go by the results per the supplier or manufacture. Most of the time if u need 800mg a day etc it’s prob 20:1 Not what they say on the bottle.

The suppliers are not consistent also.

Doyle4281

Awards
The Tongkat Ali I purchased is Pasak Bumi, 1:200, which is said to be one of the more reliable providers. The suggested dosage is 4 capsules per day, 2 morning, 2 afternoon. That is 1200mg. I am now hearing anywhere from 200mg-2000mg, and that is of lower concentrated extracts. For me 600mg prevents the headache and tiredness. It has been less than a week, so I feel no benefits yet. I have a high tolerance for stims, and work nightshift, so thecaffects are hard to pinpoint.

Well it depends on the effect. I don’t believe those 100:1. 200:1. That’s not consistent indicator of the results. So I go by the results per the supplier or manufacture. Most of the time if u need 800mg a day etc it’s prob 20:1 Not what they say on the bottle.

The suppliers are not consistent also.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try that dose 2 days on. 2 off. Long jack is an adaptogen kinda and doesn’t work using every day
Many studies would beg to differ, as they have shown daily use to have a number of benefits. Maybe you find that you enjoy it more with that protocol and/or can extend a run (although some studies have used daily dosing for relatively long periods with success) but it’s not correct to say that it “doesn’t work using every day.”

Doyle4281

Awards
So, I have been taking the 200:1 tongkat at 600mg daily 5 on 2 off for about 2 weeks, and I am unsure if it is doing anything. Should I up the dose or give it more time? I’m not feeling anything all that noticeable, interested in libido and eq enhancing. As stated before, the dosage is confusing, as most say take less than the bottle sugggests. Suggestions?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I have been taking the 200:1 tongkat at 600mg daily 5 on 2 off for about 2 weeks, and I am unsure if it is doing anything. Should I up the dose or give it more time? I’m not feeling anything all that noticeable, interested in libido and eq enhancing. As stated before, the dosage is confusing, as most say take less than the bottle sugggests. Suggestions?
Does the extract taste bitter?

Doyle4281

Awards
I haven’t opened a capsule yet. It’s Pasak Bumi , I’m fairly certain it’s authentic. From, what appears to be a reputable website

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t opened a capsule yet. It’s Pasak Bumi , I’m fairly certain it’s authentic. From, what appears to be a reputable website
Ok. Tongkat Ali extract should taste bitter. The quality extracts I’ve enjoyed have all tasted quite bitter, with the higher potency (standardized)extract being more bitter. That’s one good way to “test” the extract in a very basic and simple way. I’d try dumping a capsule into a small amount of water (an ounce or two), stirring it, and then drinking it. If it’s not bitter, then that’s not a good sign. I’ve seen multiple reviews on Amazon for what looks like the product you mentioned saying that it doesn’t taste bitter at all. Test it out and we’ll go from there. I know of at least a few quality TA extracts.

Doyle4281

Awards
It’s from thetongkatalishop website. I’ll test a capsule tomorrow. The bottle looks legit Pasak Bumi, dated and all

Doyle4281

Awards
I just don’t know how much to take, the bottle says 1200mg daily. I haven’t seen that recommendation on any forums. That’s why I take 600mg daily

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pasak Bumi is no longer a guarantee for a quality product. Open the capsule and if it tastes like ashes, it is not good. If you don't feel anything, at least it has not been mixed with brownish Yohimbe Bark extract :)

Doyle4281

Awards
I’ll do that tomorrow. Any recommendations for a better source?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would probably stick with standardized and patented sources such as LJ100 or at least Eurygold.

I am using and buying TA for several years and the market is now flooded with Chinese heavy metal "tongkat ali". If you find a good source, you are lucky. Pasak Bumi used to be a great, but more and more people complain about its quality.

Doyle4281

Awards
I’ll look into those sources. What dosage do you recommend? Also, being that you have been taking it so long, what are the affects, and how do you cycle it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s from thetongkatalishop website. I’ll test a capsule tomorrow. The bottle looks legit Pasak Bumi, dated and all
I’ve also read that they aren’t as good as they were in the past, based on some Amazon reviews, but I can’t say anything for sure. If it doesn’t taste very bitter, than that’d be a red flag for me. Keep us updated.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
That's a higher than normal dose but it's a REALLY good herb for ergogenic effects!

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 600-1200 mg split in 2 doses of a 200:1 extract for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed anything. Should I up the dose to 1200-1800mg split into 2 doses? Or does the tongat I have just suck? It had really positive reviews on Amazon

Doyle4281

Awards
I've been taking 600-1200 mg split in 2 doses of a 200:1 extract for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed anything. Should I up the dose to 1200-1800mg split into 2 doses? Or does the tongat I have just suck? It had really positive reviews on Amazon
Same here, but I didn’t get mine on amazon. I paid out the ass for it, and it’s not exactly as noticeable as some suggest. I’m only 2 weeks in too, so I’ll stay open minded. I don’t get any energy from it, actually I get tired from it. Libido may possibly be higher, but no animal affect like some describe. I purchased from what I researched is a reliable source. Keep us posted

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Same here, but I didn’t get mine on amazon. I paid out the ass for it, and it’s not exactly as noticeable as some suggest. I’m only 2 weeks in too, so I’ll stay open minded. I don’t get any energy from it, actually I get tired from it. Libido may possibly be higher, but no animal affect like some describe. I purchased from what I researched is a reliable source. Keep us posted
Will do man, I'm hoping to start seeing some of the positive benefits that so many describe. Honestly I'm pretty skeptical at this point. Please keep me posted on any changes with your run!

Doyle4281

Awards
Will do man, I'm hoping to start seeing some of the positive benefits that so many describe. Honestly I'm pretty skeptical at this point. Please keep me posted on any changes with your run!
Will do man. What brand did you get?

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Will do man. What brand did you get?[/QUOTE

I believe it is from Micro Ingredients. It wasn't too expensive and the reviews on Amazon seemed positive in general. What about yours?

Blender

Awards
I experimented with TA from Pasak Bumi. When I upped the dosage to 3 pills a day, I could only last 3 days before I dialed it back down. I was sooooo horny and I didn't even know why I was like this until I finally realized it was the tongkat Ali. So yeah for increased in libido, it worked. It also made me sleep very well when I took less than 3 pills (300mg/pill @ 1:200) a day. However 3 pills or more and I'm up all night. Not sure I can attest to any help in building muscles, but I believe I was able to lift more while I was on it. Just not 100% sure since I did not scientifically track its effectiveness in the gym. When it comes to semen increase, there was no increase in volume. However, it definitely was more concentrated which falls in line with TA being good for fertility.

Hopefully my experience can help some of you. I'm debating if I should reorder.

Doyle4281

Awards
I experimented with TA from Pasak Bumi. When I upped the dosage to 3 pills a day, I could only last 3 days before I dialed it back down. I was sooooo horny and I didn't even know why I was like this until I finally realized it was the tongkat Ali. So yeah for increased in libido, it worked. It also made me sleep very well when I took less than 3 pills (300mg/pill @ 1:200) a day. However 3 pills or more and I'm up all night. Not sure I can attest to any help in building muscles, but I believe I was able to lift more while I was on it. Just not 100% sure since I did not scientifically track its effectiveness in the gym. When it comes to semen increase, there was no increase in volume. However, it definitely was more concentrated which falls in line with TA being good for fertility.

Hopefully my experience can help some of you. I'm debating if I should reorder.
Thank you for the account of your experience. I am going on 3 weeks at 600mg a day, and I am considering upping the dose. I’m beginning to feel the libido increase, although it’s hard to tell if it’s actually the TA. I was looking around and I heard about a product called Viron, when is supposed to have quality TA in it, but for a lot less money. I also started looking into l-histidine for increase in sexual pleasure. This forum is loaded with info, I’m glad I finally made an account

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the account of your experience. I am going on 3 weeks at 600mg a day, and I am considering upping the dose. I’m beginning to feel the libido increase, although it’s hard to tell if it’s actually the TA. I was looking around and I heard about a product called Viron, when is supposed to have quality TA in it, but for a lot less money. I also started looking into l-histidine for increase in sexual pleasure. This forum is loaded with info, I’m glad I finally made an account
Have you tried dumping a cap in water to see if it’s bitter yet?

Doyle4281

Awards
Have you tried dumping a cap in water to see if it’s bitter yet?

Yes, I did that yesterday, as well as watched a video on how to verify authentic TA. The taste was not good, but it didn’t seem off the charts bitter either. I am beginning to feel a libido boost, however opening the capsule was not encouraging. I emailed the supplier, no response yet. I’m under the impression that it is authentic, however of low quality or a weak run. I’m looking into other sources LJ100 or Viron

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't run TA in a while but Olympus labs does a LJ100 and 2 caps a day 5 days on 2 days off was decent
for a libido boost also Barlowes 100:1 long jack worked great for me at 1000mg a day again dosed the same
way I dose the LJ100 but I haven't used Barlowes in a while but like I said theirs was good when I used it and
actually felt the libido effects faster than the LJ100.