Stay Off The Vitex (and Cabergoline) If You Want Normal Test, Sex Drive, Immune

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I see a lot of dudes taking things like Vitex and Cabergoline just for the hell of it because they are afraid of PROLACTIN. You know that nasty sounding hormone that makes you think of leaking breasts.

First, all breast tissue will produce fluid in the form of oil to keep the nipple lubricated. So, PLEASE stop squeezing your nips until you see something. This isn't breast milk, it's oil.

Some men who have very screwed up endocrine systems produce milk but for the average guy it's just not happening (average girl either for that matter.

Prolactin is NECESSARY for normal testicular function. It's also NECESSARY for sex drive and immune function. It is NECESSARY to exercise too. lol So, unless you have a prolactin producing tumor PLEASE STOP ****ING WITH IT!

Prolactin: Sex and Immune Activation | Life Enhancement Products
https://www.livescience.com/41322-low-prolactin-men-sexual-impairment.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/mens-sexual-desire-linked-prolactin-levels-f2D11623898

Arch Androl. 1979 Nov;3(3):219-30.
Prolactin and Leydig cell responsiveness to LH/hCG in the rat.

Purvis K, Clausen OP, Olsen A, Haug E, Hansson V.
Abstract
The effects of prolactin and 2-bromo-alpha-ergocryptine (CB-154) on Leydig cell function in intact and hypophysectomized male rats were studied. The conclusions can be summarized as follows: prolactin (1) has a direct stimulatory effect on the number of LH receptors on rat Leydig cells, (2) has no effect on the characteristics of the dose-response curve of isolated Leydig cells (hCG stimulated androgen production) in vitro even after treatment with pharmacological doses in vivo, and (3) acts synergistically with LH to stimulate the quantity of androgen produced by the Leydig cells in response to hCG in vitro and to increase the sensitivity of the hCG-dose-response curve. Treatment of intact rats with CB-154 reduced the quantity of androgen produced by the Leydig cells in vitro after exposure to hCG and decreased LH binding to the same cells by 50%. These results suggest that under normal conditions, endogenous prolactin plays a key role in maintaining the functional integrity of rat Leydig cells.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys, I see a lot of dudes taking things like Vitex and Cabergoline just for the hell of it because they are afraid of PROLACTIN. You know that nasty sounding hormone that makes you think of leaking breasts.

First, all breast tissue will produce fluid in the form of oil to keep the nipple lubricated. So, PLEASE stop squeezing your nips until you see something. This isn't breast milk, it's oil.

Some men who have very screwed up endocrine systems produce milk but for the average guy it's just not happening (average girl either for that matter.

Prolactin is NECESSARY for normal testicular function. It's also NECESSARY for sex drive and immune function. It is NECESSARY to exercise too. lol So, unless you have a prolactin producing tumor PLEASE STOP ****ING WITH IT!

Prolactin: Sex and Immune Activation | Life Enhancement Products
https://www.livescience.com/41322-low-prolactin-men-sexual-impairment.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/mens-sexual-desire-linked-prolactin-levels-f2D11623898

Arch Androl. 1979 Nov;3(3):219-30.
Prolactin and Leydig cell responsiveness to LH/hCG in the rat.

Purvis K, Clausen OP, Olsen A, Haug E, Hansson V.
Abstract
The effects of prolactin and 2-bromo-alpha-ergocryptine (CB-154) on Leydig cell function in intact and hypophysectomized male rats were studied. The conclusions can be summarized as follows: prolactin (1) has a direct stimulatory effect on the number of LH receptors on rat Leydig cells, (2) has no effect on the characteristics of the dose-response curve of isolated Leydig cells (hCG stimulated androgen production) in vitro even after treatment with pharmacological doses in vivo, and (3) acts synergistically with LH to stimulate the quantity of androgen produced by the Leydig cells in response to hCG in vitro and to increase the sensitivity of the hCG-dose-response curve. Treatment of intact rats with CB-154 reduced the quantity of androgen produced by the Leydig cells in vitro after exposure to hCG and decreased LH binding to the same cells by 50%. These results suggest that under normal conditions, endogenous prolactin plays a key role in maintaining the functional integrity of rat Leydig cells.
I can also post up quite few studies of these boosting testosterone. Just saying. I can also say from experience the libido on caber is insane, like prema boner, needed to fuk anything that breathes.

I agree that we shouldn't be taking it for the fuk of it. However, you are painting with a harsh brush, that I don't think is quite accurate; however, not necessarily wrong either.

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I can also post up quite few studies of these boosting testosterone. Just saying. I can aslo say from experience the libido on caber is insane, like prema boner, needed to fuk anything that breathes.

I agree that would shouldn't be taking it for the fuk of it. However, you are painting with a harsh brush, that I don't think is quite accurate; however, not necessarily wrong either.
That's crazy, I wonder why that would be. I think it's best to get a blood panel done and go from there and not just take things just to take them without any idea what they could impact.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's crazy, I wonder why that would be. I think it's best to get a blood panel done and go from there and not just take things just to take them without any idea what they could impact.
Defiantly agree!!!! I believe, maybe falsely, that prolactin, just like cortisol and estrogen, you don't want to much or to little; rather you need a happy medium/balance with this hormone.

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
I don't disagree with what you're saying, folks shouldn't be using cabergoline or whatever for the hell of it. Or 99% L-Dopa supps either for that matter. However, very low prolactin isn't a common problem, and men should be fine even at the bottom end of the reference range. Blood work should guide any decisions regarding drugs used, etc. That paper is interesting but several steps away from being extrapolatable to normal human physiology.

Another thing we agree on is this: stop squeezing your nips. I didn't know people were doing this, but seriously, don't do that.

The effects described can be attributed to increased dopaminergic activity in certain brain regions caused by the cabergoline. Dopamine and prolactin antagonize either other and maintain some degree of homeostasis. Cabergolin tilts that homeostasis away from PRL and towards dopamine. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes not.

C

C20h24o3

Awards
Defiantly agree!!!! I believe, maybe falsely, that prolactin, just like cortisol and estrogen, you don't want to much or to little; rather you need a happy medium/balance with this hormone.
You are definitely correct, crashing your prolactin is bad, not as bad as crashing your e2 but it will have a negative impact on your sex drive if it's too low, same if it's too high, I take a little caber when running 19 nors but only a couple times near the end of the cycle and only when supported by blood work so I don't even always need it but I took a little to much once and it didn't kill my sex drive but it definitely lowered it

E

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! Finally some members who are really contributing and rational. Thank you guys we are going to really change and educate the population. I think we suggest way too many things without knowing blood work. We don't have to always agree it's a forum and we need to discuss and combine our talent pool!

Dropping E2 to the floor is dangerous and counter productive! It's necessary for healthy and muscle building. I just saw a guy on dymethazine and also taking a potent AI.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the positive mind set about educating and changing the population, but we've discussing this for many years and every other day another post pops up asking about prolactin, e2, cortisol, etc and how do I lower it, how do I increase it, etc.. Very, very few people will ever get labs done and generally it is only those of us on TRT or required to get them for other reasons.

J

JVee63

Awards
I like the positive mind set about educating and changing the population, but we've discussing this for many years and every other day another post pops up asking about prolactin, e2, cortisol, etc and how do I lower it, how do I increase it, etc.. Very, very few people will ever get labs done and generally it is only those of us on TRT or required to get them for other reasons.
Agreed.
I blame much of this on the supplement companies preying on the less informed. To read the copy of many of these companies, you would think that you want no trace of e2 or cortisol in your body.
The amount of younger people messing with hormones with no idea of what they are doing is disturbing.