Kratom in the news- not sure if it's good

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It did absolutely nothing for me. I can see why that officer mega-dosed it. It's touted as safe but for people with anxiety seeking relief, it may not work for everyone.

Being a non-responder to it, I couldn't care less if they take it. My local head shop is selling totally mislabeled Kratom in capsules. No dietary ingredient or supplement panel or warnings. Bad news...

Reactions: mw1

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find it to be one of the most amazing supplements available for anxiety and relaxation. There really is nothing quite like it, but there in itself can be a problem. It can be addicting and needs to be treated with caution.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
is it habit forming or "addictive" meaning do you feel worse when you don't take it than the original problem?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meaning that it can become mentally addicting in the sense that you crave the feeling it gives and then start chasing it with larger doses. When you stop taking it, there is a withdrawal period where you feel down, lack emotion, brain fog, and moodiness. From a physical standpoint, you can feel run down with little energy, sweaty, and sore.

That being said, even if you are taking a lot on a daily basis and just quit, these symptoms will generally go away in 3-7 days, so it is short lived. As long as it is taken periodically or in small doses with switching between strains, this likely won't happen.

I know for me it certainly has helped.