igf-1 drops and ketosis

tiffyisspiffy

Awards
hey, I've never actually posted before, but I have a question regarding igf-1 drops (I know, supposedly they are bull**** and don't work, but honestly, if I take them 3 times a day within 3-4 weeks I notice a huge difference in recovery and my strength actually starts to increase) and ketosis.

I started the ketosis diet about 6 days ago, I'm starting to feel pretty good, so I guess I'm probably making some ketones now. (I dropped 9lbs in 6 days, so at this point all the water and glycogen is out of my muscles, I look like a starved rat!!) anyways, my question is, can I continue to take the igf-1 drops while trying to/being in ketosis? does is mess up your body's ability to stay/get into ketosis? Ive done some research, but have yet to find any research to answer my question. if anyone has any thoughts it would be much appreciated. I dont know if it's helpful or not but I'm a 30 year old female, 5ft 5 inches weight (before ketosis 160) and now today 151. not sure about body fat, but I have decent abs, so it's not that high. thanks again!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Just skimming the Goog's, I would hazard to say Keto wouldn't hinder, and may even improve IGF-1 and IGFBP3 levels - but not an expert here.

Those drops are most likely not doing anything practically relevant, if at all.

Why Keto? Better appetite control / diet adherence due to ketones?

tiffyisspiffy

Awards
pretty much. I've done the low carb/carb cycle in the past and got super ripped. (ending up doing a figure show just because I was like, **** it, I walk around dry/stage lean every damn day) and placed well! (100% natty too i might add, at a non drug tested show!) anyways, I spent a year upping my carbs trying to put on more muscle. got up to 300-350g a day carbs and noticed my abs were fading, and then I had a mini pooch and my thighs/butt were getting a little too fatty for my liking.. and my appetite was through the roof, even with 6-7 meals a day 3000 calories a day my brain was telling me to eat and eat and eat.. and I was slowly getting fatter. (I def. built muscle/strength as well, but there comes a point where it's like, you should cut a little, see where you are and then continue building. I notice personally coming off of a cut my muscles absorb carbs like crazy and I get bigger and stronger while getting even leaner for like 3-4 weeks, before it platues) anyways, low carb sucks and you feel like **** and that's why I want to experiment with ketosis. it's no carbs, but you should feel okay because your brain is running off ketones. it's a little scary because I'm eating 200+ grams of fat a day, but so far I'm looking a lot leaner ane I feel pretty good and I have 0 sugar/carb/sweet cravings, which for me is a first!! strength is down a bit, but not terrible and I have faith in time it'll come back up. I figure I'll give it 4-6 weeks and if it's a disaster I'll come out of ketosis and slowly up my carbs and if i like it I'll keep going with it. time will tell!

I feel like taking those drops shouldn't be a big deal, I tried them for the first time this summer. (a buddy of mine has a supplements company, and sells them) I honestly loved the drops! didn't notice a difference until 3-4 weeks in, but my strength went through the roof. so people say they are bologna, but not in my experience. thanks for the response!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0