Noob to supplement, need some advice.

StrengthGains

Awards
Yo everyone, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice from you guys.

I am a natty powerlifter and do not really care too much about how I look (well I do but not as much as strength gains). I am looking for some supplements/stacks to speed up my strength gains. Any advice?

Since I got tested in every single PL competition, so I prefer something that definitely will not trigger any positive sign on drug test. I sort of digged in this forum and found two products called "USP lab Prime" and "Olympic Labs Ep1logue", do you guys think those two are suitable for me?

PS: I am non respond to creatine.

Cheers in advance!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if Prime is still made.

Two products that shine in the strength department are X-Gels, or any other ArA product, and MassMax XT.

One thing with ArA though, it can increase inflammation, so if you have joint pain already, that may increase it. Also, some people notice an increase in DOMS. I do not, but everyone is different.

MassMax XT is solid as well. Not only does it provide quick strength gains, but it will also boost recovery and increase appetite. Users have report a 7 pound gain in 8 weeks, but their body composition is more favorable, thus, most of it would be lean mass.

StrengthGains

Awards
Thanks mate.
For MassMax XT, how should i take it?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I am a natty powerlifter and do not really care too much about how I look (well I do but not as much as strength gains). I am looking for some supplements/stacks to speed up my strength gains. Any advice?

Since I got tested in every single PL competition, so I prefer something that definitely will not trigger any positive sign on drug test. I sort of digged in this forum and found two products called "USP lab Prime" and "Olympic Labs Ep1logue", do you guys think those two are suitable for me?

Cheers in advance!
Increase Caloric intake
Make sure you are getting plenty of rest
Stick to the basics (Whey, Creatine, Fishoil, Multi)
Make sure you have a good training program and periodization to prevent yourself from CNS burnout and adequate recovery.

One thing you could add would be an ergogenic to aid performance/endurance during training. Besides that spending money on these natty test boosters won't really do much for you in the grand scheme of thing because your diet is the key part here.

What is your caloric intake?
How much of a surplus are you in?
What is your macros (protein/carbs/fat)? If you stall out see how your sleep/nutrition is and adjust as needed.
Supplement's wont help if our diet and nutrition are not up to par.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
X gels and Epi plex would make a great combo. Massmax XT has gotten great reviews although I haven’t tried it yet. Looking forward to it though. SNS has some quality well priced creatine as well. Get a creatine mono or creatine hcl and make it a staple.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Cheers in advance!
-Arachidonic Acid (ArA).
-Poshpatidic Acid (PA)
-HMB FA
-quality ecdysteroids (genuine Leuzea or Ajuga) look for Boldanic. They offer best quality.

All those ingredients works differently and will definitely help you with strength.
You can run them solo or even stack then all for even better results.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
X gels and Epi plex would make a great combo. Massmax XT has gotten great reviews although I haven’t tried it yet. Looking forward to it though. SNS has some quality well priced creatine as well. Get a creatine mono or creatine hcl and make it a staple.
OP Says he thinks he is a non responder to creatine. Which I would agree with in your statement as SNS, Primaforce are two of the best bang for your bucks out there on the market.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
100% agree that sns xgels is the way to go... adding a large surplus of calories as well will support this and something like sns growth factor xt can hlep with both addtional hunger and recovery/sleep so that the DOMS from the ArA are lessened (assuming you get them, some do not).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Prime was Water Chestnuts - go buy them at your local supermarket, but don't get your hopes up. Out of all the non-biased/least conflicted research studies in athletes - ArA, HMB-Ca, Caffeine and Baking Soda are your best bets. And the ArA is still a maybe - read this:https://examine.com/nutrition/erd-sneakpeek-20-arachidonic-acid/ Programming, food, and sleep are the money best spent. HMB-FA was a Wilson study - caveat emptor - see Stu Phillips et al challenge to Wilson's research.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prime was Water Chestnuts - go buy them at your local supermarket, but don't get your hopes up. Out of all the non-biased/least conflicted research studies in athletes - ArA, HMB-Ca, Caffeine and Baking Soda are your best bets. And the ArA is still a maybe - read this:https://examine.com/nutrition/erd-sneakpeek-20-arachidonic-acid/ Programming, food, and sleep are the money best spent. HMB-FA was a Wilson study - caveat emptor - see Stu Phillips et al challenge to Wilson's research.
I also doubt in Wilson studies but HMB FA works..is it so much better than lets say HMB CA, I personaly dont think so. Here where I live, HMB CA is more expensive than ordering HMB FA from US :)

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Giner and turmeric are great for your joints and really help with recovery I'd use those post workout. Also black pepper helps you absorbed nutrients.