The need for focus - explain it to me

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I don’t understand the purpose of products that improve focus (as it relates to working out). I’m not an all-world powerlifter but I can handle myself in a gym. When I’m lifting something other than using music in my headphones to propel me and thinking about hot girls I don’t think about anything else. Can someone explain the benefits of taking something (nootropics I guess is what is used) that would improve focus - why do ppl take this stuff. How do they work? I don’t plan on taking them cuz I don’t think I need them but reading these forums the concept of “focus” comes up a lot.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If one does not use caffeine or any other type of stims pre workout, it can be difficult for people to focus. Also, focusing helps improve the mind muscle connection. This is especially important when training back. You don't want to just move the weight, but move it with the correct muscles.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Exactly what he stated above, at least for me. It's the mind muscle connection where this comes into play. Simply moving the weights is one thing, using the correct muscles and maintaining exceptional form while keeping the intensity up is where I notice the effects of "focus"