sulforaphane Blocks myostatin.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. sulforaphane Blocks myostatin.

Okay so i've done a bit of research since i found out that sulforaphane apparently helps inhibit myostatin. I ordered a bottle of some random ass brand which i havent got yet, but apparently its gonna be bunk. People are saying that theres only one provider with active sulforaphane in their product it's called Enduracell in australia.

But it's pricey as ****, I'm willing to give it a go tho, if it's legit then this is big

Thoughts?

2. Quote Originally Posted by yoloman222 View Post
    Okay so i've done a bit of research since i found out that sulforaphane apparently helps inhibit myostatin. I ordered a bottle of some random ass brand which i havent got yet, but apparently its gonna be bunk. People are saying that theres only one provider with active sulforaphane in their product it's called Enduracell in australia.

But it's pricey as ****, I'm willing to give it a go tho, if it's legit then this is big

Thoughts?
    eat broccoli
    •   

3. Grow your own Broccoli Sprouts. Cheap and Easy. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ss/id818198322 - listen to the 12/2016 Podcast.

Edit: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

4. It's a great supplement that reduces estrogen load and myostatin.
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/
    •   

5. Will blending broccoli sprouts in a nutribullet be as effective (or better) then chewing to have the glucoraphanin come in contact with the myrosynase and create sulphorphane?

It would be very easy to just add them to my morning post workout shake.

6. That's why I took my time releasing the original Myosynergy and MyoSynergy Elite. Not only did we release Epicatechin first, but included a good dose of broccoli sprout extract (among other potent ingredients.)

I'm putting the finishing touches on MyoSynergy Ultimate right now, which brings in an ingredient that....well, not gonna reveal that due to the number of copycats.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

7. Quote Originally Posted by CarneyFolk View Post
    myrosynase
    Add Mustard (powdered Mustard Seeds specifically, not a Mustard expert). Sounds yummy, LOL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Add Mustard (powdered Mustard Seeds specifically, not a Mustard expert). Sounds yummy, LOL.
    "
    "Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it
    Doomed..."

9. Actually heard about it from a dude on an Amazon review of whatever I was looking at, believe it or not - did some investigating and went "oh snap"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23411305

10. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Grey Poupon gets you jacked.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    Grey Poupon gets you jacked.
    Well, not even natty Myostatin blockers will, but from a health/cancer thing, steamed Broccoli/Grown Sprouts with Mustard can't hurt.

12. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Well, not even natty Myostatin blockers will, but from a health/cancer thing, steamed Broccoli/Grown Sprouts with Mustard can't hurt.
    Allyl Isothiocyanate (main heat component of mustard seeds) does a lot of wonderful things. I used it in Vanillean as well as ThermoGenesauce. Hmm...about time to make a new batch of that.

13. SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

14. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    Actually heard about it from a dude on an Amazon review of whatever I was looking at, believe it or not - did some investigating and went "oh snap"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23411305
    just eat it raw or crush it and let it stand for 30 minutes before cooking and no need for mustard...

15. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    just eat it raw or crush it and let it stand for 30 minutes before cooking and no need for mustard...
    For sure. I've had a a bag of extract from Powder City though, so I added the Mustard. Someday I'll grow sprouts.

16. Quote Originally Posted by The_Old_Guy View Post
    For sure. I've had a a bag of extract from Powder City though, so I added the Mustard. Someday I'll grow sprouts.
    I have a cup of raw broccoli daily in my SuperShake every morning, life changing shake of raw fruits, raw veggies, great fats and ModernProtein Vanilla to tie altogether into one tasty shake....life changer.

I don't think most have felt the power of true nutrition......I could be wrong.

17. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    eat broccoli
    You would have to eat fairly large quantities of broccoli sprouts for it to do anything...and they have to be raw. Cooked broccoli won't do anything. Eve raw broccoli won't do anything.
    MA Labs (masupps.com)

Discount Code (20% off): AM20

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    You would have to eat fairly large quantities of broccoli sprouts for it to do anything...and they have to be raw. Cooked broccoli won't do anything. Eve raw broccoli won't do anything.
    what do you mean by "do anything"?
    you can cut raw broccoli let stand for 30 minutes or so and then cook.

19. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    what do you mean by "do anything"?
    you can cut raw broccoli let stand for 30 minutes or so and then cook.
    I mean that there isn't enough sulforaphane (glucoraphanin-myrosinase) in broccoli to have noticeable effects on muscle mass. Even with broccoli sprouts you would need to eat quite a bit in order to experience noticeable effects. To my knowledge, there is only one product available today that actually contains sulforaphane.
    It is not a bodybuilding supp and it is expensive. I am not yet aware of ANY bodybuilding supps that contain actual sulforaphane. Rather, they contain glucoraphanin alone (basically useless) or a combination of glucoraphanin and myrosinase (which can be effective if the dose is high enough, but this also gets expensive).
    MA Labs (masupps.com)

20. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    I mean that there isn't enough sulforaphane (glucoraphanin-myrosinase) in broccoli to have noticeable effects on muscle mass. Even with broccoli sprouts you would need to eat quite a bit in order to experience noticeable effects. To my knowledge, there is only one product available today that actually contains sulforaphane.
    It is not a bodybuilding supp and it is expensive. I am not yet aware of ANY bodybuilding supps that contain actual sulforaphane. Rather, they contain glucoraphanin alone (basically useless) or a combination of glucoraphanin and myrosinase (which can be effective if the dose is high enough, but this also gets expensive).
    Read his posts again.

You're missing something well documented.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

21. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Read his posts again.

You're missing something well documented.
    Are you talking about the interaction that takes place when you cut/chop it up? If that is what you're referring to I am aware of that, but regular broccoli, even if chopped up, isn't going to provide enough sulforaphane to noticeably change the physique. You would have to eat a ton of that crap.
    MA Labs (masupps.com)

22. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    Are you talking about the interaction that takes place when you cut/chop it up? If that is what you're referring to I am aware of that, but regular broccoli, even if chopped up, isn't going to provide enough sulforaphane to noticeably change the physique. You would have to eat a ton of that crap.
    What dose would you hypothesize is effective?

2.5 oz of chopped broccoli reduced HDAC significantly in cancer patients

218mg of sulforophane rich brocolli extract reduced PSADT by ~30-50% in cancer patients

9-27mg of sulforophane orally was profoundly effective in a study on autism-spectrum disorder patients.

I think you're underestimating the ingredient significantly.

23. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    What dose would you hypothesize is effective?

2.5 oz of chopped broccoli reduced HDAC significantly in cancer patients

218mg of sulforophane rich brocolli extract reduced PSADT by ~30-50% in cancer patients

9-27mg of sulforophane orally was profoundly effective in a study on autism-spectrum disorder patients.

I think you're underestimating the ingredient significantly.
    Clarification is in order. I was referring specifically to its ability to inhibit myostatin...and therefore build muscle, as this is what the OP was talking about. I wasn't referring to its anti-cancer properties, or anything else.

I think sulforaphane is a great "addition" to other myostatin inhibiting compounds...and I think it has a bunch of potential health benefits. So, I wasn't underestimating sulforaphane itself, but what I AM saying is do NOT think that eating a cup of chopped broccoli per day is going to provide any substantial growth benefits.
    MA Labs (masupps.com)

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    Clarification is in order. I was referring specifically to its ability to inhibit myostatin...and therefore build muscle, as this is what the OP was talking about. I wasn't referring to its anti-cancer properties, or anything else.

I think sulforaphane is a great "addition" to other myostatin inhibiting compounds...and I think it has a bunch of potential health benefits. So, I wasn't underestimating sulforaphane itself, but what I AM saying is do NOT think that eating a cup of chopped broccoli per day is going to provide any substantial growth benefits.
    What dose do you think *is* effective at inhibiting myostatin?

Because the concentrations shown to inhibit myostatin in vitro are not too horribly far off of the concentrations obtained in vivo during studies about its other effects, and the doses used in vivo for those studies are small, and easily obtainable, equally obtainable is a dose much much higher.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sulforaphane Inhibits Myostatin?
    By Grayson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 10:44 AM
  2. Sulforaphane helps block metastasis
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
  3. New highly effective means of myostatin blocking