Best Nootropic

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been really interested on trying nootropics. I'm not really sure which would be the best one to pick up for focus/mental clarity?

Also I see some people adding caffeine and other things in conjunction with some of these all in one products. Definitely like my stims. Would like to hear your personal experience and what works best for you as well as the feeling you get.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT is a good place to start. It's priced great and has a view nootropics in it.

SNS also makes Noopept if you want to try a single ingredient. People love both products. Focus XT can be used for a pre working and/or work/study too. Very versatile.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For something to use daily, my go-to (with caffeine) is NootropiMax, and Clear Edge for when I don't want any caffeine. I find that caffeine goes well with nootropics and adaptogens to provide a clean, focused energy. NootropiMax gives you some caffeine, as well as theanine, ornithine, and theacrine to go with your nootropics like CDP-Choline, Huperzine-A, Noopept, sceletium, and bacopa. The caffeine and synergistic ingredients will help give you a nice acute energy and focus. The other ingredients do also have acute effects, but bacopa really shines with daily use, and even things like choline and racetams have been shown to be better with continued use. I find that it gives me a nice pick-me up, and allows me to be more focused, work longer and with less distraction, and I do also believe it helps with memory and recall, particularly with regular use. The guys over at PricePlow did a nice video review of it and really enjoyed it.

As for what I think are solid ingredients/combos independent of any particular supplement, but may be found in some:

-Choline source (preferably CDP or GPC) + AChE Inhibitor (huperzine, galantamine, or sage) + Racetam (Piracetam, Aniracetam, etc) or Noopept

-Caffeine + Theanine and/or Ornithine + Theacrine (which I don't find to do much at all on its own, but is a nice "boost" when taken with caffeine)

-Adaptogens (bacopa, ashwagandha, rhodiola, ginseng(s)

-ALCAR

And some more "exotics" that should, in my opinion, be used cautiously and sparingly, and may not be considered "supplements:"

-finils (Modafinil, Armodafinil, Flmodafinil, etc)

-Phenylpiracetam

-PRL-8-53

Anabolic Goat

Awards
For something to use daily, my go-to (with caffeine) is NootropiMax, and Clear Edge for when I don't want any caffeine. I find that caffeine goes well with nootropics and adaptogens to provide a clean, focused energy. NootropiMax gives you some caffeine, as well as theanine, ornithine, and theacrine to go with your nootropics like CDP-Choline, Huperzine-A, Noopept, sceletium, and bacopa. The caffeine and synergistic ingredients will help give you a nice acute energy and focus. The other ingredients do also have acute effects, but bacopa really shines with daily use, and even things like choline and racetams have been shown to be better with continued use. I find that it gives me a nice pick-me up, and allows me to be more focused, work longer and with less distraction, and I do also believe it helps with memory and recall, particularly with regular use. The guys over at PricePlow did a nice video review of it and really enjoyed it.

As for what I think are solid ingredients/combos independent of any particular supplement, but may be found in some:

-Choline source (preferably CDP or GPC) + AChE Inhibitor (huperzine, galantamine, or sage) + Racetam (Piracetam, Aniracetam, etc) or Noopept

-Caffeine + Theanine and/or Ornithine + Theacrine (which I don't find to do much at all on its own, but is a nice "boost" when taken with caffeine)

-ALCAR

And some more "exotics" that should, in my opinion, be used cautiously and sparingly, and may not be considered "supplements:"

-Phenylpiracetam

-PRL-8-53
Do you have any experience with modafinil?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT is a good place to start. It's priced great and has a view nootropics in it.

SNS also makes Noopept if you want to try a single ingredient. People love both products. Focus XT can be used for a pre working and/or work/study too. Very versatile.
I've heard of both of these... They seem to come up white often.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

-ALCAR

-Phenylpiracetam

-PRL-8-53
How much caffeine do you add to clear edge? I was thinking about that one...

Also when you take nootropimax what do you add personally?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much caffeine do you add to clear edge? I was thinking about that one...

Also when you take nootropimax what do you add personally?
When I take Clear Edge I typically want low/no caffeine, otherwise I'd just take NootropiMax. Sometimes I'll have a cup of coffee or two with Clear Edge though. With NootropiMax, I don't really take anything with it, as it already has the stims, nootropics, and Noopept, so you don't have to pick up a separate Noopept supplement to take with it. I will occasionally add some rhodiola to NootropiMax though. When I want a middle-amount of stims, I will sometimes take half a serving each of NootropiMax and Clear Edge. This gives me a full dose of nootropics, and a more moderate amount of stims (between the moderate amount in NootropiMax and none in Clear Edge). I usually use NootropiMax, as I can use the added energy/focus from the caffeine and theacrine, and it's not a harsh stimulant-feeling or an excessive amount of stims.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I take Clear Edge I typically want low/no caffeine, otherwise I'd just take NootropiMax. Sometimes I'll have a cup of coffee or two with Clear Edge though. With NootropiMax, I don't really take anything with it, as it already has the stims, nootropics, and Noopept, so you don't have to pick up a separate Noopept supplement to take with it. I will occasionally add some rhodiola to NootropiMax though. When I want a middle-amount of stims, I will sometimes take half a serving each of NootropiMax and Clear Edge. This gives me a full dose of nootropics, and a more moderate amount of stims (between the moderate amount in NootropiMax and none in Clear Edge). I usually use NootropiMax, as I can use the added energy/focus from the caffeine and theacrine, and it's not a harsh stimulant-feeling or an excessive amount of stims.
Do you take it every day? What effects do you notice when you take it? How does it affect you. Trying to figure out what all the fuss is about.

I have used vicaine that has Flmodifinil and is a pretty good focus in itself. Also the far beyond driven seem,to have something that kicks in focus wise at about 2 hr mark... Is it anything similar

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you take it every day? What effects do you notice when you take it? How does it affect you
I use it the vast majority of days. Besides the acute effects, I do find that it helps with memory over time, just a little edge. As for the acute and notable effects, I find it just helps me to stay alert and focused, and also able to stay on-task for longer and get more done. It's not an over-the-top energy, but more of a focused, calm energy that is suited for work/study/research/etc. I also find that there's a slight mood-boosting effect, and a slight reduction in anxiety, likely from a combination of the sceletium, theanine, and bacopa. I also don't really notice any crash with it, just a gradual lessening of effects, or not feeling the effects after several hours. I do sometimes go with 1 cap 2-3x a day, or 2 caps and 1 more cap later, or just 2 caps once, and rarely 3 caps at once.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
If anybody has some knowledge on Modafinil let me know. I heard it was great for getting into a focus, but suppresses appetite?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anybody has some knowledge on Modafinil let me know. I heard it was great for getting into a focus, but suppresses appetite?
I have knowledge of Modafinil, just not experience. I've read many studies, papers, feedback on it, it's just much easier/simpler to comfortably source flmodafinil for me. Modafinil (and Armodafinil and flmodafinil) are solid for providing lasting energy and focus. They do seem to suppress appetite, for me (with flmodafinil) mostly by me just not thinking about food at all while getting work done. When I decide to eat, I can still eat, although it doesn't seem to be a priority really.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
I have knowledge of Modafinil, just not experience. I've read many studies, papers, feedback on it, it's just much easier/simpler to comfortably source flmodafinil for me. Modafinil (and Armodafinil and flmodafinil) are solid for providing lasting energy and focus. They do seem to suppress appetite, for me (with flmodafinil) mostly by me just not thinking about food at all while getting work done. When I decide to eat, I can still eat, although it doesn't seem to be a priority really.
Thank you, just wanted to get some information on the appetite suppression (guess it varies on the dosage and the person taking it). What was your dosage on the flmodafinil? I've looked up some dosages on modafinil and people usually take a high amount? But starting for the first time I would assume start low just like with anything else.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, just wanted to get some information on the appetite suppression (guess it varies on the dosage and the person taking it). What was your dosage on the flmodafinil? I've looked up some dosages on modafinil and people usually take a high amount? But starting for the first time I would assume start low just like with anything else.
Why are you so concerned with the appetite suppression aspect if I may ask? I personally would not recommend using any -final daily for means of appetite suppression. Yes, starting low is a good idea. With flmodafinil, I prefer keeping a relatively low dose with a small amount of caffeiene or a cup of coffee.

Anabolic Goat

Awards
Why are you so concerned with the appetite suppression aspect if I may ask? I personally would not recommend using any -final daily for means of appetite suppression. Yes, starting low is a good idea. With flmodafinil, I prefer keeping a relatively low dose with a small amount of caffeiene or a cup of coffee.
Only concerned because I am going on a bulking cycle soon, but you've cleared it up for me. Mainly used for helping with focus, and I will keep it a low dose with some coffee in the morning.
Thanks.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only concerned because I am going on a bulking cycle soon, but you've cleared it up for me. Mainly used for helping with focus, and I will keep it a low dose with some coffee in the morning.
Thanks.
Cool. Your mileage may vary or course, but I think you should still be able to eat if you remind yourself and make time for it. It's better suited for sustained productivity than for cutting haha.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anybody tried Ginseng for focus and mood improvement?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Top 3 nootropics for me:

NootropiMax XT
ATP Nutrition Aspire
Focus XT

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use it the vast majority of days. Besides the acute effects, I do find that it helps with memory over time, just a little edge. As for the acute and notable effects, I find it just helps me to stay alert and focused, and also able to stay on-task for longer and get more done. It's not an over-the-top energy, but more of a focused, calm energy that is suited for work/study/research/etc. I also find that there's a slight mood-boosting effect, and a slight reduction in anxiety, likely from a combination of the sceletium, theanine, and bacopa. I also don't really notice any crash with it, just a gradual lessening of effects, or not feeling the effects after several hours. I do sometimes go with 1 cap 2-3x a day, or 2 caps and 1 more cap later, or just 2 caps once, and rarely 3 caps at once.
Are you not worried about daily use with the huperzine?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far Chaos & Pain AGGRO @ 2 scoops is the best I've tried, love it, use it 4x a week. Just ordered MAN Sports Brainbridge so Ill have a compare up. I do have Clear Edge but never cracked open the bottle. Never tried NMax from Performax.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Focus xt is my go to for a moderate stim blended noot product... what i like about the stim level is it's not so strong that I feel like I need to go workout or run through a wall, just enough to perk me up and make me "chatty". Add in some extra noopept xt or even some extra stim/caff if you want more of either the energy or memory/focus aspects. Its a very versatile product and actually gets better with continued use (vs some noots that wear off or down after time)

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far Chaos & Pain AGGRO @ 2 scoops is the best I've tried, love it, use it 4x a week. Just ordered MAN Sports Brainbridge so Ill have a compare up. I do have Clear Edge but never cracked open the bottle. Never tried NMax from Performax.

Thanks for the Aggro love and I agree it’s amazing for energy and focus clarity.
Cannibal genius is another amazing product that I stack with a caffeine pill

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have quite a bit of experience with modafinil and armodafinil. I find that it is good for task focus, but I could not sit and study on it. Definitely need to be up and doing things.

modafinil- very strong initial onset, on an empty stomach can be felt in 30-45 min. I usually start by feeling a hollow stomach, which I can only describe as feeling like food sounds nasty and you don't want anything in your stomach. Then lots of fidgety energy, tapping, leg bouncing, etc which is why I recommend having tasks to do. The best thing out there for errands or chores around the house. This will last for about 2-4 hours, along with increased body temp. This then settles into a long riding, somewhat agitated energy, by which I have found I do not want to be interrupted in what I am doing. Get on a task and complete that because otherwise you will have 10 unfinished things. This part will last about 4-6 hours and then you'll move into a slightly yawny, body feeling tired stage for a few hours. Total time from ingestion to done is about 8-10 hours.

Armodafinil is similar, but I prefer it as there isn't as much of the initial peak and the ramp up is less noticed. Same body temp increase and overall energy, but it tends to feel smoother. I initially thought it lasted longer when I first started taking it years ago, but over time I believe that it is about the same and just feels longer because it is smoother and the comedown is less noticeable.

Both will make you very tired the next day and slightly agitated, so you can see why people get hooked on it. They don't want to be tired and take another and it starts a cycle. I take them very sparingly, like maybe once a month when I have tons to do and no time for rest.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you not worried about daily use with the huperzine?
The half-life of huperzine is often greatly exaggerated. Also, its 100mcg, which is not a large amount, but is still effective. Clear Edge also has 100mcg huperzine per serving. I don't worry about taking either daily.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The half-life of huperzine is often greatly exaggerated. Also, its 100mcg, which is not a large amount, but is still effective. Clear Edge also has 100mcg huperzine per serving. I don't worry about taking either daily.
thats what has been stopping me from daily use of clear edge actually... good to know

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never noticed any negative affects from dosing Huperzine (Focus XT) every day.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never noticed any negative affects from dosing Huperzine (Focus XT) every day.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m about to run dien diol, Trest and androsterone all TD’s. I’m a stim junkie also but obviously need to hold off of them while running my cycle. I recently got some armondafinil threw a friend. I’m going to start out taking no stims except for morning coffee but would it be ok to add a armondafinil in if I need a little more juice one morning?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aggro is the best I’ve tried.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BLR Nootrol is one to look at . Designed to increase brain function with no negative side effects.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m about to run dien diol, Trest and androsterone all TD’s. I’m a stim junkie also but obviously need to hold off of them while running my cycle. I recently got some armondafinil threw a friend. I’m going to start out taking no stims except for morning coffee but would it be ok to add a armondafinil in if I need a little more juice one morning?
I think a lot of people do this. It’s going to be very individual how you respond. Have you ever used armodafinil? If not, I’d suggest starting with it alone (not with caffeine), and starting with a low dose. If you find it treats you well, only then would I consider adding caffeine to it, and then still only a low/moderate amount of caffeine.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a lot of people do this. It’s going to be very individual how you respond. Have you ever used armodafinil? If not, I’d suggest starting with it alone (not with caffeine), and starting with a low dose. If you find it treats you well, only then would I consider adding caffeine to it, and then still only a low/moderate amount of caffeine.
Yes I tried 75mg and then on another day 150mg. It’s interesting the day I tried 150mg, an hour later I hadn’t felt anything. Well my wife wanted me to help her do a couple of things around the house and before I knew it, it was 4 or so hours later. It’s weird..... I never had that stim feeling (CNS) but I had tireless motivation if that makes sense.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I tried 75mg and then on another day 150mg. It’s interesting the day I tried 150mg, an hour later I hadn’t felt anything. Well my wife wanted me to help her do a couple of things around the house and before I knew it, it was 4 or so hours later. It’s weird..... I never had that stim feeling (CNS) but I had tireless motivation if that makes sense.
Yeah, I noticed similar effects with flmodafinil. The caffeine you add does give you more “energy” feeling, but with the -finil, I just found I could sit down and do a ton of work without being distracted. I mean, that’s pretty much what it’s supposed to do; it’s more of a “wakefulness promoter” than a “stimulant feeling.”

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I noticed similar effects with flmodafinil. The caffeine you add does give you more “energy” feeling, but with the -finil, I just found I could sit down and do a ton of work without being distracted. I mean, that’s pretty much what it’s supposed to do; it’s more of a “wakefulness promoter” than a “stimulant feeling.”
Is flmodafinil by script only?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is flmodafinil by script only?
You can buy it online from a few places. Not sure exactly of legality by state/country, but it seems easier to get in the US than Modafinil or Armodafinil, as long as you’re willing to get a powder and measure it with a milligram scale. I think Modafinil and Armodafinil are scripts in the US, while flmodafinil isn’t, but don’t quote me on it, as I could very well be wrong haha.

Edit: I only used fl because it was easier to get qualify than moda or armoda. Based on the research, I’d say I’d want to try armoda the most, then moda, if only because they both have more research (safety data too) than fl.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You will be disappointed

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
It will not make you feel stimulated

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If you’re disappointed by armodafinil and caffeine, it’s probably time for a stimulant break, either that or some meth.
Lol. Just caffeine. Everyone is going overboard with the "stims"

How about some fukkin effort!

Get off your lazy ass, and go workout.

The results should motivate you. Not tue stims

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If you’re disappointed by armodafinil and caffeine, it’s probably time for a stimulant break, either that or some meth.
BTW, the way you guys are combining these compounds, sounds like trying to reach the effects of speed

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Just caffeine. Everyone is going overboard with the "stims"

How about some fukkin effort!

Get off your lazy ass, and go workout.

The results should motivate you. Not tue stims
Trolololol. Right, because everyone who uses anything more than caffeine is lazy and unmotivated.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Why? I thought anyone who needed anything besides caffeine is lazy and unmotivated?
I have tried them out of morbid curiosity. Read my name man.

Been there. Done that. Sounds like you need a break from stims

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How is taking a nootropic lazy?
Because you obviously take them for performance enhancing and you just called anyone taking more than caffeine lazy asses. Hilarious..... you’re a member of a chat board that discusses PED but criticize anyone who take them.