Damage Control

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Well, there's been a death in the family and it looks like we'll be going round to the inlaws for a week. The problem is that these people are insane feeders! Like, these people eat and cook 24/7 and get offended if you don't finish a plate or refuse their offerings. I need a damage control supplement for what is essentially going to be an unscheduled cheat week. Something like or similar to Evomuse's Defuse?
I've already got and use PerforMax's SlinMax, so I'll be stacking my "Damage Control" supplement with the SlinMax. I'm just looking for some extra assistance.
Olympus Lab's Assass1nate looks like a viable option but it doesn't have many reviews or logs up yet.

Recommendations please guys?

Cheers

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stand up for your own health and don't eat. That's just ridiculous to expect a supplement to fill in for standing up for yourself. I was a wrestler, and the Holidays were the worst. Thanksgiving? I ate nothing and had water with lemon. My family is Sicilian and the food was insanely plentiful and tempting, and they never liked to take no for an answer, but you know what? They had no choice. My body. My choice. My goals.in

Just say no thank you. or Plan B. Doctor's orders. Produce some kind of prescript medication bottle and say it would make you vomit if you ate too much. :) Look at the fool-a-plenty and pretend to gag.. I'm sorry, run away to bathroom. Play on your phone for a little bit, and return wiping your mouth. Apologize profusely, then faux gag again for a moment, then say, "I'm fine, I'll be ok." (Seals the deal, most won't go that extra mile.) This will only last until your gone. (Oh, I'd do that for sure. Ask my wife.)

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
Justhere pretty much laid it out man. But imo a few days of **** eating won't kill your goals. You may just have to work a little harder after. Or plan C. Go to the bathroom oil up hit a few crunches go back out and jump up on the table. Step 2 rip the shirt off hit a front double bicep and say this is why I eat how I do and go on with dinner..... Just a thought

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No supplement will make a dent in a week of crappy eating - tell them to F off. Or just overeat protein and carbs and stay away from the fat. The fear of carbs "turning into fat" (de novo lipogenesis) is sooooooooo overblown - probably to sell pills. Use cheap as dirt Berberine if you think you need something. And workout like a mofo - Burpees my man...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS TTA-500 always works wonder for damage control for me. I took it the whole time I was studying for the bar exam last summer (wasn't working out as much as I usually do and wasn't eating as well as I usually do) and it kept the fat gain in check. I swear by it.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increase cardio anytime you can? Workout and make the most of the extra calories? When you get home mini cut for 1 week?. Is it carb based meals mostly? GDA supplements will help a little but they wont stop all the fat gain. I've done a 10 holiday all inclusive and trust me a never worried too much about intake and relaxed and barely worked out.. The gain is 90% water weight and it comes off in a couple weeks.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Just say no, before you stop, drop and roll.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for your loss. You don't want to overdo it with GDA's and nutrient partitioners. If you already have Slinmax, that should be enough to cover you. I agree with what others have said too - they can't force you to eat. Also, with someone passing in the family you have an EASY excuse to turn food down. Loss of appetite is very common with stressful situations, so you could definitely use that to your advantage and turn down their food. Your inlaws would be rude AF if they try to force you to eat their food during a time of mourning over a loved one.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, to answer your question, the best "cheat meal" supplement is probably Defuse from Evomuse if you can get it. Having said that, it will only go so far.

I am going to go against the grain here a little. You have a choice here. I agree with others that you could decide to stick to your dieting and not overeat, which is a disciplined move and will help you get to your fitness goals faster.

Or you could just not worry about it, live life, and deal with it after. A week of bad eating, as long as it isn't crazy out of hand, won't mean much in the long term and may actually help you.

Ultimately, the choice is YOURS. I've sat through cookouts and birthday parties while fasting and I've given in too. Life is life and you make your decisions. But you shouldn't worry about either decision too much.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like people have mentioned, you can simply tell them you're not hungry and eat prior. However, unless you're in contest prep, this week will not kill you if you deviate from your diet. This does not mean eat grossly amounts of food. Make smart choices. If they cook a lot of "unhealthy" options, pack some snacks. I would also bring some protein powder with me, just to make sure I am getting enough of that. If they do not have healthier options, just be smart and have smaller portions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 15
Smont Anabolics 773
Supplements 17