The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
[video=youtube;DR6Y7BjTg1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR6Y7BjTg1E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

According to an official statement from the AVATAR NUTRITION official group page (which requires being accepted) there was a disagreement between Norton and Avatar that started over his NEW girlfriend and Australian bikini competitor, Holy Baxter.

Recently Layne and his former wife Isabel parted ways, and according to a reliable source, Holy Baxter was in fact a big part of this.

After Layne asked Avatar Nutrition to offer Holy an official position with the company, they declined and has now lead to a legal stand off. We are still unsure how this will all play out, and Avatar has messaged us directly to say that they can not comment on details due to the legality.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
It's always financially better to seek a divorce before dipping your wick in new wax. What a moron (in my opinion).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol I used to enjoy/cringe reading Norton's outbursts on facebook. No-one can push his buttons like Ian McCarthy.

Dude has great info but should stay completely away from casual/informal posting.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seriously, there are these guys screwing up careers over some other woman. Carzy

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I used to enjoy/cringe reading Norton's outbursts on facebook. No-one can push his buttons like Ian McCarthy.

Dude has great info but should stay completely away from casual/informal posting.
don't you mean DR LAYNE NORTON

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Oh Layne

Someone needs to crying Jordan him.....

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that is nuts.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Carbon went under, booted from Avatar Nutrition, cheated on pregnant wife, in process of a divorce....quite the rise and fall scenario he has going on. Kinda has a Tigers Woods feel to it, doesn't it?

A

ashenshugar77

Awards
who could resist that holly baxter though.. yaoza!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
guess layne Nortons never heard of MOB....why give up income just to get a girl sponsored?

wish this was alan aragon, much more fun to laugh at him for his stupidity than layne

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
who could resist that holly baxter though.. yaoza!
Considering it cost him his marriage, played a role in breaking his partnership with Avatar, he will be paying child support for 2 kids for the next 18 years, plus whatever he will lose in the divorce and alimony......that right there would be more than enough for me to keep the snake in the cage ;)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carbon went under, booted from Avatar Nutrition, cheated on pregnant wife, in process of a divorce....quite the rise and fall scenario he has going on. Kinda has a Tigers Woods feel to it, doesn't it?
man when you put it that way, LOL

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't really followed him since his Scivation days. I had no idea any (or all of this) is going on. We all make mistakes (heck I've made a ton) but when it starts costing you your livelihood, sponsorships, supplement deals, etc. you need to start to list out your priorities. Seems like he's being a bit young and dumb right now. But to each his own ...

-Spaz

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
guess layne Nortons never heard of MOB....why give up income just to get a girl sponsored?

wish this was alan aragon, much more fun to laugh at him for his stupidity than layne
Alan is stupid? Dude is a legend

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alan is stupid? Dude is a legend
yeah maybe in his own head is he...the guys a tool who can't handle himself when someone questions him outside of his own agenda driven information

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah maybe in his own head is he...the guys a tool who can't handle himself when someone questions him outside of his own agenda driven information
Theres at least one example where he apparently humbly conceded a point to someone else. Prolly was in private communication though right Admin

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Agenda driven? He's done more for the advancement of sports nutrition science than almost anyone in recent years. Breaking down long held beliefs about meal timing, summing up nutritional requirements to a basic level, exposing nutrition fraud and lies (about low carb, high carb, veganism etc), remains neutral during discussion and adheres strictly to evidence.

I'd actuallu go so far as to say that he goes against those who have agendas (both the low or high carb advocates).

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theres at least one example where he apparently humbly conceded a point to someone else. Prolly was in private communication though right Admin
huh?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
must of been, because on social media he takes himself way to serious and usually sticks to his agenda

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol in another thread awhile back you said you and him argued over something to do with bcaas (maybe, cant remember specifically what) and he ended changing his stance due to your discussion.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agenda driven? He's done more for the advancement of sports nutrition science than almost anyone in recent years. Breaking down long held beliefs about meal timing, summing up nutritional requirements to a basic level, exposing nutrition fraud and lies (about low carb, high carb, veganism etc), remains neutral during discussion and adheres strictly to evidence.

I'd actuallu go so far as to say that he goes against those who have agendas (both the low or high carb advocates).
he does not remain neutral and sticks to his agenda driven discussions even when given credible information to the contrary

it's like he's out to disprove anything, even if it means being narrow sited and using pretty bad research just to be a contrarian

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

whoa, settle down.....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
he does not remain neutral and sticks to his agenda driven discussions even when given credible information to the contrary

it's like he's out to disprove anything, even if it means being narrow sited and using pretty bad research just to be a contrarian
Care to share some examples? He uses solid research to back his views, and is known for such. Most of the research he cites is meta analyses, which are the highest form of evidence.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Care to share some examples? He uses solid research to back his views, and is known for such. Most of the research he cites is meta analyses, which are the highest form of evidence.
whoa, settle down on meta analysis.....

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Considering it cost him his marriage, played a role in breaking his partnership with Avatar, he will be paying child support for 2 kids for the next 18 years, plus whatever he will lose in the divorce and alimony......that right there would be more than enough for me to keep the snake in the cage ;)
PLUS....if a woman knows you're married and sleeps with you......SHES CRAZY! RUN! You know what they say about "too good to be true"...

Layne Norton has certainly accomplished a lot and knows his sh*t - but I've never liked the guy. He comes off as so pompous and not genuine....still never good to see someone's life in a rough patch

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On a side note, he sure does have great squat form definitely not touch and go ruptured disc every rep kind of form

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
On a side note, he sure does have great squat form definitely not touch and go ruptured disc every rep kind of form
bent knee good mornings haha

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The amino post he made a few months ago, the research he posted left a lot to be desired imo...and on FB people were questioning him, instead of having a discussion which included their research as well as his, he tried to be funny and couldn't seem to respond to questions that were outside the realm of the hand picked research he included

then about two weeks later on his carb crusade he made some really bad posts which ppl again tried to discuss, including myself, got called trolls but he still had trouble explaining himself or answering to questions outside of his research without taking into consideration new research that was being presented

after going back and fourth with him and his cronies...I was banned from FB.....so I guess if you disagree with what he says, he can't take it and instead of having a normal discussion, he reports ppl

so imo the guys a tool who has a name for himself that ppl blindly follow, but when pressed, he just tries to use his name as being a trusted source of information and sticks to his agenda rather than accepting new ideas or thoughts

or maybe he's just to socially awkward and doesn't really know how to interact with ppl in a normal manner

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I liked /followed Layne for awhile and agree that he comes off arrogant at times. But this situation really makes me lose respect for him. Quite the downfall..

SouthernIron

SouthernIron

Awards
Haven't followed him as of late, however I always liked his view of natural bodybuilding and nutrition back in the day.

Sorry to hear about his issues.... but to each their own.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The amino post he made a few months ago, the research he posted left a lot to be desired imo...and on FB people were questioning him, instead of having a discussion which included their research as well as his, he tried to be funny and couldn't seem to respond to questions that were outside the realm of the hand picked research he included

then about two weeks later on his carb crusade he made some really bad posts which ppl again tried to discuss, including myself, got called trolls but he still had trouble explaining himself or answering to questions outside of his research without taking into consideration new research that was being presented

after going back and fourth with him and his cronies...I was banned from FB.....so I guess if you disagree with what he says, he can't take it and instead of having a normal discussion, he reports ppl

so imo the guys a tool who has a name for himself that ppl blindly follow, but when pressed, he just tries to use his name as being a trusted source of information and sticks to his agenda rather than accepting new ideas or thoughts

or maybe he's just to socially awkward and doesn't really know how to interact with ppl in a normal manner
If you were banned from Facebook, that means you breached their terms of use. They don't ban people for having an opposing view

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you were banned from Facebook, that means you breached their terms of use. They don't ban people for having an opposing view
Haha yeah and someone has to report you

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bent knee good mornings haha
IMG_8099.jpg

Leave this here to help understand squat mechanics.

Longer the femur to relative torso length, the more forward you become to keep the bar over mid-foot.

Is his squat ugly? Yup. But, those are the genetics he was dealt.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, to conclude: he has a long femur and a short fuse.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and is chronically injured.
Disc injuries don't go away. Re aggravation and flare ups will happen. A small percentage of bulging discs reabsorb, full blown herniations do not (obviously).

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Disc injuries don't go away. Re aggravation and flare ups will happen. A small percentage of bulging discs reabsorb, full blown herniations do not (obviously).
I understand squat mechanics lol, my point still stands regardless.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 156678

Leave this here to help understand squat mechanics.

Longer the femur to relative torso length, the more forward you become to keep the bar over mid-foot.

Is his squat ugly? Yup. But, those are the genetics he was dealt.
The issue isn't his position in the hole...that can't be changed. The issue is his mechanics on the ascent. Did you notice that his form changes as the weight gets heavier? When the weight is light, his hips and knees extend simultaneously. As the weight approaches his max, his hips shoot early...basically his knees extend, then his hips extend.
Hip shoot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXQK4AclyV5/
Same femurs, but way less hip shoot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQq-u1bl9C0/

Interestingly enough, it's getting a little better in his recent videos, maybe he's working to fix it. It's usually from quads being the weak point of your squat. Obviously as you approach your max, your form degrades slightly, exposing whatever your weaknesses are, and this is probably his. None of this is to say that Layne's squat is bad...it's still a strong-ass squat. But it's a strong-ass squat that could probably be even stronger, and would be safer with less shear force, if he fixed his hips rising early.

I get it though, my femurs are long AF and that's where my form tends to break too. It's gotten better since adding in a ton of quad isolation stuff, the longer your femurs, the more you'll probably have to hammer this. But long femurs aren't an excuse for hip shoot, they're just a reason hip shoot becomes more likely and it's probably something you'll have to work harder to correct.

Sure they can. Actually, there's some evidence that larger extrusions and sequestrations improve more than smaller bulges and the like.
http://www.painphysicianjournal.com/current/pdf?article=MjkxMA==&journal=98
https://insights.ovid.com/pubmed?pm****16688039
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/230949900100900102?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_****ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub=pubmed&
http://bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/89-B/6/782.long
http://www.ajronline.org/doi/pdf/10.2214/ajr.145.2.371

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was more directed towards the bent over good mornings comment.

His anatomy won't change. Depends If the hip socket is open more lateral, if the femoral head is angled and the length of the femur itself. The argument isn't his hips rising, it's his torso pitch in relation to his femur/ depth(if that's even the argument?)

Hell, we could say mobility, pliability of the ankle, soft tissue (calves) *could* be the reason but bone/genetic structure (anatomy) always wins

Although, thanks for those reads on the LDH. Fun to see actual follow-ups of CT/MRI of previous herniations/protrusions and recession.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was more directed towards the bent over good mornings comment.

His anatomy won't change. Depends If the hip socket is open more lateral, if the femoral head is angled and the length of the femur itself. The argument isn't his hips rising, it's his torso pitch in relation to his femur/ depth(if that's even the argument?)

Hell, we could say mobility, pliability of the ankle, soft tissue (calves) *could* be the reason but bone/genetic structure (anatomy) always wins

Although, thanks for those reads on the LDH. Fun to see actual follow-ups of CT/MRI of previous herniations/protrusions and recession.
Hips rising early is what causes the "squat morning" though. His position in the hole is stuck, that's a bony mechanics thing, and the weight needs to stay over midfoot or his COG would be way off and he would either fall backward or lose the weight forward. Being bent over in the hole is not what most people are referring to when they call it a good morning (at least not the educated ones)...they are referring to the second half of the ascent, which has turned into a good morning since his hips shot up early and are now higher than they would be in a squat where hips and knees extend at a more similar rate. He may be able to change how bent over in the hole he is by changing stance width or foot angle, or he may not, that is dependent upon his pelvis and various other factors. However, regardless of his position in the hole, keeping his hips from rising early will prevent having to good morning the weight up because his hips are too high relative to where the bar is.

Again, this is not to say his squat is bad. It's not, it's strong AF. It's just to point out what a squat morning is and that, while the position in the hole is set based on bony structure, and while certain bony structures make the squat morning a problem more likely to arise, the muscle firing order that causes the squat morning can be changed. Like I said, I've had (and still have) this issue myself, it's kind of how I became so familiar with what to look for. But it's something that can be fixed.