nootropimax or clear edge

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tempted to pick up both of these products, as sometimes I don't want any caffeine. But they're both a bit pricey, so I'm on the fence with spending the $$$.

Any discount codes other than the DPS10 floating around out there? I'd love to have the option to stim or not, but that's gonna put a sizeable dent in my supplement budget!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you considered Noopept XT and/or Focus XT (caff free)? Same purpose but markedly cheaper than either option

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered Noopept XT and/or Focus XT (caff free)? Same purpose but markedly cheaper than either option
Unfortunately me and tyrosine don't get along too well!!

Same with yohimbe too...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tempted to pick up both of these products, as sometimes I don't want any caffeine. But they're both a bit pricey, so I'm on the fence with spending the $$$.

Any discount codes other than the DPS10 floating around out there? I'd love to have the option to stim or not, but that's gonna put a sizeable dent in my supplement budget!!
They're the only two nootropic supplements (besides a few individual ingredients) that I use/buy. NootropiMax is my go-to most of the time, but sometimes if I don't want caffeine, I'll go with Clear Edge, or half a serving of each if I want a lower amount of caffeine and still a full, solid dose of nootropic ingredients. I know that a certain site has NootropiMax on a buy one get one 50% off, bringing the price per bottle down to $26.24 each, or $0.88 per 2 capsule serving.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Unfortunately me and tyrosine don't get along too well!!

Same with yohimbe too...
noopept xt is a solo ingredient. might be worth a try then

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
noopept xt is a solo ingredient. might be worth a try then
Noopept is a solid ingredient to add to a nootropic stack, but I wouldn't really recommend it as a sufficient "standalone" for someone who seems to be looking for something a lot more comprehensive. I know it's not a necessity in technicality, but it's typically recommended to take Noopept with at least a choline source (there is some suggested synergy between choline and racetams, which are quite similar to Noopept, and it can help reduce the chances of a headache from Noopept alone), and people also like pairing them with AChE inhibitors like huperzine, galantamine, and sage. Both NootropiMax and Clear Edge contain CDP-choline and huperzine-A. You could add Noopept to Clear Edge, and NootropiMax already contains a solid dose of Noopept. I suppose if you wanted to have ultimate freedom and like Noopept, you could go with all 3, adding 20mg Noopept to Clear Edge when you don't want any caffeine, and maybe even 10mg if you decide to go with half a serving of each for a lower caffeine combo, and none when using NootropiMax, but all 3 is even more money than just two haha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Noopept is a solid ingredient to add to a nootropic stack, but I wouldn't really recommend it as a sufficient "standalone" for someone who seems to be looking for something a lot more comprehensive. I know it's not a necessity in technicality, but it's typically recommended to take Noopept with at least a choline source (there is some suggested synergy between choline and racetams, which are quite similar to Noopept, and it can help reduce the chances of a headache from Noopept alone), and people also like pairing them with AChE inhibitors like huperzine, galantamine, and sage. Both NootropiMax and Clear Edge contain CDP-choline and huperzine-A. You could add Noopept to Clear Edge, and NootropiMax already contains a solid dose of Noopept. I suppose if you wanted to have ultimate freedom and like Noopept, you could go with all 3, adding 20mg Noopept to Clear Edge when you don't want any caffeine, and maybe even 10mg if you decide to go with half a serving of each for a lower caffeine combo, and none when using NootropiMax, but all 3 is even more money than just two haha.
Or you could save a fortune and just use noopept xt with bulk choline/hup a, etc ha.

He never said he wanted something comprehensive, just that he was looking at those two

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or you could save a fortune and just use noopept xt with bulk choline/hup a, etc ha.

He never said he wanted something comprehensive, just that he was looking at those two
I don't know if it'd be saving a fortune, as you can get your 20mg Noopept, 250mg CDP-Choline, 100mcg Huperzine-A on sale for $0.88/serving (NootropiMax), or 400mg CDP-Choline and 100mcg Huperzine for something like $0.75/serving (Clear Edge), and then add Noopept XT to that (which I see on sale for for $0.21/20mg, bringing it up to $0.96 for a well dosed stack) . Unless you want to mess with bulk choline powder, you'll probably end up spending the better past of that $0.75-0.88 per serving just for choline and huperzine caps (you really want at least 250mg CDP or Alpha-GPC, which aren't exactly cheap standalone, or 2g choline bitartrate, which is also expensive if you use caps and not powder), and then you're not getting any of the extras like bacopa, sceletium, ALCAR, etc that each of the two products have some of.

There's nothing wrong with Noopept XT at all, and I think it's a great addition to a nootropic stack, but I also think that both NootropiMax and Clear Edge are good values for their complete, well dosed profiles and what they provide. My point was just that OP was considering what I'd say are two of the best and most complete nootropic products on the market, and that, while Noopept is a great ingredient, can't really compare with either of the two products on its own. I'm sorry if I expressed that point wrong or aggressively.

Edit: For the record, I also think Focus XT is a solid product, and a good deal, just not what OP is looking for here based on what ingredients he said doesn't treat him well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I honestly enjoy both. I have a bottle of both, Nootropimax for when I want something with a stimulant and Clear Edge if I am going stim free. Yes, they are pricey, but with both, you are getting an open label with quality ingredients. You get what you pay for. Also, check your PMs.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could always opt for bulk ingredients. Usually very cheap then you can play around with dosing.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fwiw i haven't tried either but was in the exact same situation of purchasing one or the other last week.

I opted for clear edge for a few reasons, the biggest stand out for me is caffeine free, i really prefer to be able to control my caffeine intake and hate how its jammed in literally every supp now days. Also i have great respect for matt and how he talks about the stuff makes it sound very interesting.

That said nootropimax is a very good formula and i would also have loved to have bought some of that too.

Another thing to consider is availability, if i ordered nootropimax i would have probably received the order by now, but bc i put clear edge (im presuming) it took them 11 days to post out the order. Curious to see if nootropimax will be getting a reformulate like everything else!

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
fwiw i haven't tried either but was in the exact same situation of purchasing one or the other last week.

I opted for clear edge for a few reasons, the biggest stand out for me is caffeine free, i really prefer to be able to control my caffeine intake and hate how its jammed in literally every supp now days. Also i have great respect for matt and how he talks about the stuff makes it sound very interesting.

That said nootropimax is a very good formula and i would also have loved to have bought some of that too.

Another thing to consider is availability, if i ordered nootropimax i would have probably received the order by now, but bc i put clear edge (im presuming) it took them 11 days to post out the order. Curious to see if nootropimax will be getting a reformulate like everything else!
My NootropiMax is here on Monday

I’ll do a review

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I ended up going with the bogo deal on nootropimax (thx for pointing that out). It just came in today. Going to wait until tomorrow before trying it out, as I've been under the weather the past few days. I'll see how this one treats me, but still plan on trying clear edge at some point.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I ended up going with the bogo deal on nootropimax (thx for pointing that out). It just came in today. Going to wait until tomorrow before trying it out, as I've been under the weather the past few days. I'll see how this one treats me, but still plan on trying clear edge at some point.
I still haven’t got mine and it’s been over a month :( curious to see what you think!

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still haven’t got mine and it’s been over a month :( curious to see what you think!
Wow a month? I'd be on the phone asking where my sh!t is after a week lol. I'll post an update on how it goes. I'm guessing this should have an acute effect, with some of the ingredients taking longer to build up. Just a guess tho...

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha my package arrived but they didn't include the clear edge (literally the most valuable thing in there and pushed the shipping up too).

NFI whats going on with NP. How you can post out a partial order without any refund or correspondence is beyond me.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curious to see if nootropimax will be getting a reformulate like everything else!
Can confirm that NootropiMax isn't changing anytime soon. Formula is staying as is although Performax has several other tweaks coming to their formulas this month.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
haha my package arrived but they didn't include the clear edge (literally the most valuable thing in there and pushed the shipping up too).

NFI whats going on with NP. How you can post out a partial order without any refund or correspondence is beyond me.
Mine was sent by nutriverse on 14th September lol their shipping has turned to sh*t

Clear edge definitely interests me

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established

TheSolution should be able to help you with any NP issues

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I really like PerforMax and I would love to try NootropiMax, the only thing putting me off is the caffeine. I want a stim free cognitive enhancer, something that I could use everyday without building up a stim tolerance.

Gotta give it to the guys and girls over at PerforMax though because the profile looks ace!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like PerforMax and I would love to try NootropiMax, the only thing putting me off is the caffeine. I want a stim free cognitive enhancer, something that I could use everyday without building up a stim tolerance.

Gotta give it to the guys and girls over at PerforMax though because the profile looks ace!
Maybe try stim free Focus XT...caffeine isn't inherently bad though and actually brings its own nootropic qualities and synergizes with many other nootropics to amplify their effects in the body

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, looks like I might can only tolerate one cap. Took one cap yesterday, and seemed to do okay with it as far as no bad effects, but only really noticed a slight bump in overall energy/focus. Took two this morning, and I'm sitting here at my desk feeling a bit nauseated. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to taking caffeine. I also haven't eaten anything yet, so maybe food will help. Would taking this with food negate most of the effects? Directions say take on an empty stomach, so there is obviously a reason for that.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, looks like I might can only tolerate one cap. Took one cap yesterday, and seemed to do okay with it as far as no bad effects, but only really noticed a slight bump in overall energy/focus. Took two this morning, and I'm sitting here at my desk feeling a bit nauseated. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to taking caffeine. I also haven't eaten anything yet, so maybe food will help. Would taking this with food negate most of the effects? Directions say take on an empty stomach, so there is obviously a reason for that.
You could have food 45-60 minutes before taking it, or 30-45+ minutes after it I've found to work well.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
My order was lost in the mail :( so no nootropimax for me

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Instead of using on an
"As and when needed/pre-event" basis,
could you use Clear Edge as an everyday staple to improve overall cognition and brain health long term?
Maybe at just 2 caps per day all year round?
dsade

adeaugustus

Awards
I like to build my own stack. A bit of this and that, it's really difficult to be committed to just one formula. It gets boring over time.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can give Nootrol a shot.
Solid doses of brain factor 7
Tyrosol and salidroside
Centella and only 50mg caffeine.