Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just got prescribed gabapentin for restless legs syndrome, should I be concerned about interaction with any supplements?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't see anything specifically that is stated to have an interaction with the drug - but I would be careful with herbal supplements, and anything that is a nootropic or sleep inducer. Not saying they will interact, or that I wouldn't mix things...but I would be aware. I haven't had time to research the CYP metabolism of gabapentin, but you may want to look at that and see if anything else you take interacts. My feeling is that gabapentin is a relatively safe drug....

I bet Synapsin would have a much more informed response.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would be easier if you mentioned what you use

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mostly herbals...the main one I am concerned about is macuna.
You can PM me if you want. L-dopa and gabapentin have been used before for individuals with parkinson's so there is no negative interaction, but I need to understand why you're on gabapentin to begin with, etc

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can PM me if you want. L-dopa and gabapentin have been used before for individuals with parkinson's so there is no negative interaction, but I need to understand why you're on gabapentin to begin with, etc
it is no secret, I posted in 1st post that I am being prescribed gabapentin for restless leg syndrome. it appears that several drugs prescribed for parkinsons are also used for rls....good to know that macuna is gto--thank you!!!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it is no secret, I posted in 1st post that I am being prescribed gabapentin for restless leg syndrome. it appears that several drugs prescribed for parkinsons are also used for rls....good to know that macuna is gto--thank you!!!
Meant I need more of a medical history like are you on anything else, etc., and yeah, I saw that the first time I posted and forgot by the second post lol. I think you're g2g but I'm around by PM

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Meant I need more of a medical history like are you on anything else, etc., and yeah, I saw that the first time I posted and forgot by the second post lol. I think you're g2g but I'm around by PM
thank you...very kind and generous of you to offer--if I have any issues I will give you a pm!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Serious Nutrition Solutions 8
mixedup Anabolics 88
Anabolics 15
Anabolics 8
OTC Drug 26