Is Creatine timing bro science?

1. Is Creatine timing bro science?

Your opinions please........

Do you feel creatine timing is bro science and as long as you supplement with it everyday thats all that matters to receiving the benefits?

2. Yeah, 5g a day and you are Gucci.
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Your opinions please........

Do you feel creatine timing is bro science and as long as you supplement with it everyday thats all that matters to receiving the benefits?
    I think it's mostly "bro science" in that the practical significance of it is vastly overstated, but there are arguments and research suggesting that some times may be more "ideal" than others, although it is possible that this may just mean a slightly faster time to reach saturation, and then no real difference once saturation is reached. Just getting enough creatine regularly to reach and maintain saturation is far and away the most important factor for creatine supplementation, and really the only one worth considering IMO.

TL;DR: Don't major in the minors, just take your creatine whenever you remember to and will actually take it regularly.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. I think the "timing" was created by the industry along the same lines as the "loading phase"

Both have been found to be false and 3 to 5 g once a day is all one really truly needs
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition

5. 5 gr a day after breakfast (or in any case the first meal of carbohydrate). every day forever! Amen
    •   

6. I think there is some minor benefit to creatine prior to a workout as long as you dont over do it. May help uptake and CP levels
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

7. im telling you 1.5 grams upon waking up fasted and 2.5 grams 25 mins and 33 seconds pwo and 1 gram 39 seconds after your last set of biceps curls will show the best results with creatine.

8. Quote Originally Posted by EricMarchewitz View Post
    I think there is some minor benefit to creatine prior to a workout as long as you dont over do it. May help uptake and CP levels
    If anything, post-workout has minor benefits over pre-workout:
    While there were trends, no significant interactions were found. However, using magnitude-based inference, supplementation with creatine post workout is possibly more beneficial in comparison to pre workout supplementation with regards to FFM, FM and 1-RM BP.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23919405/
    It is possible that this minor difference would have been negated over a longer period of time, as perhaps the post-workout use just helped to reach saturation faster. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it though, but if you're adamant about optimizing every detail, post-workout may be the way to go.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

9. I honestly think the timing is total bro science. I've never seen any benefit over different creatine timing, consistency is key
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

10. I'm what one would call a creatine non-responder. I have tried multiple dosages and types and have seen no benefit. However, creatine supplementation has health benefits outside of just lifting, and it's cheap, so I supplement with it.

I did read that non-responders MIGHT see a benefit it taken post workout (probably based on the study above), so that's what I do.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Angrypolak View Post
    I'm what one would call a creatine non-responder. I have tried multiple dosages and types and have seen no benefit. However, creatine supplementation has health benefits outside of just lifting, and it's cheap, so I supplement with it.

I did read that non-responders MIGHT see a benefit it taken post workout (probably based on the study above), so that's what I do.
    Yeah, even if you notice nothing from it in regards to lifting, there's lots of other studied benefits that make it worth while.

12. Anyone know if you need to bump it up on anavar. I've seen guys talking about running 20mg a day while on Var. Just don't know if that was broscience as well. Any input/experience would be helpful.

13. I'm going with "bro science" as well. There are so many threads of discussion on creatine and most say 3-5 grams, any time, all the time. Well, something like that.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Pharma Companies: APS Nutrition, ALRIndustries, LG Sciences, Formutech Nutrition, Iforce Nutrition (MARK25), Innovative Labs

14. Quote Originally Posted by rowz4broz View Post
    im telling you 1.5 grams upon waking up fasted and 2.5 grams 25 mins and 33 seconds pwo and 1 gram 39 seconds after your last set of biceps curls will show the best results with creatine.
    Repped for sarcasm

15. Quote Originally Posted by MARK_ View Post
    I'm going with "bro science" as well. There are so many threads of discussion on creatine and most say 3-5 grams, any time, all the time. Well, something like that.
    Yeah I figured the synergistic interaction between creatine and var was probably over stated or bro science. I was just thinking if someone was running 20g of creatine because they thought it would be beneficial than I could see how timing of the dosage could come into play. The amount of water you'd have to drink on 20g of creatine would probably be insane!

16. Like others have said timing doesn't matter. Just get in 5g daily and consistently and you'll be good to go.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    If anything, post-workout has minor benefits over pre-workout:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23919405/
    It is possible that this minor difference would have been negated over a longer period of time, as perhaps the post-workout use just helped to reach saturation faster. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it though, but if you're adamant about optimizing every detail, post-workout may be the way to go.
    Have been taking it Post-workout from day-1. Now it's bro science? WTH!!

18. 5gr a day whenever you want....not sure how taking it daily or within a 24 hour window can be bro science
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    5gr a day whenever you want....not sure how taking it daily or within a 24 hour window can be bro science
    Do you take it on non training days?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Gridles View Post
    Do you take it on non training days?
    yeah, sometimes i'll miss sundays which is a non training day for me but for the most part I do
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

21. i'd say 99% bro science. The only time I think it makes a difference is in a SEVERE deficit. In this case, spreading multiple, higher doses through the day seemed to make a legit difference in how I felt (reduced fatigue). Otherwise, 3-5g anytime is pretty much the standard for me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is Bro Science and perfect form a bunch of crap?
    By LovingtoLift in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 01:40 PM
  2. Is it time to cut or bulk?
    By jhferry in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
  3. Now is the time...
    By ManBeast in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 02:08 AM
  4. Is it time to legalize steroids?