Na-r-ala before workout

itayb123

Awards
Hello everyone..

Ive read a lot of posts about gda's before workout and didn't find the final answer.
Can I take na-r-ala before my pre workout meal with agmatine?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Using a GDA before your preworkout meal is a great time. For me personally, I prefer to take a GDA 15-20 minutes before a moderate to high carb meal, let that digest for about an hour, and then train. Pumps will be epic.

Na-r-ala and agmatine are both great ingredients to use as standalone, but you could also check out a more complete nutrient partitioning product like Slinmax. Slinmax contains both of these ingredients along with some others that can help with digestion and blood sugar control

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can second on the Slinmax. I've used it multiple times and like it. I'd recommend at least giving it a look and trying it if you're interested.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Using a GDA before your preworkout meal is a great time. For me personally, I prefer to take a GDA 15-20 minutes before a moderate to high carb meal, let that digest for about an hour, and then train. Pumps will be epic.

Na-r-ala and agmatine are both great ingredients to use as standalone, but you could also check out a more complete nutrient partitioning product like Slinmax. Slinmax contains both of these ingredients along with some others that can help with digestion and blood sugar control
Is there a big difference between Na-r-ala and R-alpha ? I use this from Allmax nutrition.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Is there a big difference between Na-r-ala and R-alpha ? I use this from Allmax nutrition.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Na-R-ALA is shown to be better absorbed and better at lowering blood glucose than just R-Ala. I don't know too much about the science, but I know that Na-R-Ala is usually preferred with GDA's for nutrient partitioning and helping with blood glucose. Slinmax contains 250mg of na-r-ala per serving

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I would think it would be better to take this right after the workout just due to hypoglycemia. Have you done this right before your workout and did you have any issues? The science on this looks promising since these compounds help with Skeletal and Insulin based Glut4

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would think it would be better to take this right after the workout just due to hypoglycemia. Have you done this right before your workout and did you have any issues? The science on this looks promising since these compounds help with Skeletal and Insulin based Glut4
GDA right after a workout is somewhat unnecessary as the body absorbs and uses nutrients effectively. But can be used.