AMP Citrate Side Effects

ABtheGOAT

Awards
About 6 days ago I purchased a preworkout called God of War Black. I took it for about 4 days and had fantastic workouts but also started to experience shortness of breath, chest tightness, and a little bloating. One ingredient that stands out is AMP Citrate. One scoop has 200 mg of it. I went to the ER and my heart rate and VO2 oxygen levels came back fine. Even got X-rays that came back normal. I haven’t taken God Of War Black for a few days now and still am experiencing these side effects. Has anyone else experienced side effects like this from AMP Citrate? Normally I handle stimulants well but obviously not AMP Citrate. Live and Learn

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine does some weird stuff like that to me

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I usually just notice the effects from it in like a 24 hour period but no longer

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
Amp citrate for me raises blood pressure more so than caffeine alone. Amp could definitely be the cause

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah yohimbine has in the past affected me the same... Actually gave me anxiety which feels a lot like the side effects you're describing. Then I went to the doctor as well and he told me everything was normal with my heart but I was paranoid and could have swore something was wrong. If I remember correctly that product has yohimbine or I think maybe I had the red and that one had it.

ABtheGOAT

Awards
Yeah yohimbine has in the past affected me the same... Actually gave me anxiety which feels a lot like the side effects you're describing. Then I went to the doctor as well and he told me everything was normal with my heart but I was paranoid and could have swore something was wrong. If I remember correctly that product has yohimbine or I think maybe I had the red and that one had it.
No yohimbine in God Of War Black. Here is the label
IMG_4793.jpg

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I would not be surprised if your preworkout is spiked with something else, a lot of supplement companies do that on there first run in order to make the product popular...

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I loved Amp Citrate! but 100-150mg was enough for me , clean long lasting energy with no crash

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AMP was (is) a phenomenal stim!

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AMP citrate is amazing.

The fact that you're still experiencing "side effects" days after cessation (note the drug has long since left your system) suggests that what you are experiencing is likely caused from anxiety.

Have you ever had any history with anxiety before? stimulants like AMP can definitely make anxiety worse. The symptoms you described - chest tightness and difficulty breathing are both symptoms of anxiety as well. Given that everything you had done at hospital came back negative this would be my best advice.

If you're concerned i would recommend you follow up with your GP with his assessment and see where he directs you for follow up, did the hospital suggest anything?

ABtheGOAT

Awards
AMP citrate is amazing.

The fact that you're still experiencing "side effects" days after cessation (note the drug has long since left your system) suggests that what you are experiencing is likely caused from anxiety.

Have you ever had any history with anxiety before? stimulants like AMP can definitely make anxiety worse. The symptoms you described - chest tightness and difficulty breathing are both symptoms of anxiety as well. Given that everything you had done at hospital came back negative this would be my best advice.

If you're concerned i would recommend you follow up with your GP with his assessment and see where he directs you for follow up, did the hospital suggest anything?
The ER said to follow up with my family doctor. Which I did, and he thinks it’s acid reflux. And he told me to take Zantac and lay off fatty foods and caffeine. I do have a terrible case of anxiety but the thing is, I haven’t really felt anxious the past few days. No doubt I’ve been anxious because of what I’m experiencing but I’ve had days before where my anxiety was crippling and a lot worse and never experienced these side effects.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ER said to follow up with my family doctor. Which I did, and he thinks it’s acid reflux. And he told me to take Zantac and lay off fatty foods and caffeine. I do have a terrible case of anxiety but the thing is, I haven’t really felt anxious the past few days. No doubt I’ve been anxious because of what I’m experiencing but I’ve had days before where my anxiety was crippling and a lot worse and never experienced these side effects.
from your own words, you have never taken AMP before too, stimulants definitely worsen anxiety so theres no reason to suggest a combination of stims couldn't give you new symptoms. The symptoms you describe are definitely symptoms of anxiety, the fact you have a history of anxiety as well makes it even more likely.

Its not impossible to be reflux but it is less likely.

Something to perhaps consider if things don't get better with an antihistamine and diet changes.

ABtheGOAT

Awards
from your own words, you have never taken AMP before too, stimulants definitely worsen anxiety so theres no reason to suggest a combination of stims couldn't give you new symptoms. The symptoms you describe are definitely symptoms of anxiety, the fact you have a history of anxiety as well makes it even more likely.

Its not impossible to be reflux but it is less likely.

Something to perhaps consider if things don't get better with an antihistamine and diet changes.
What kind of diet changes

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You should probably avoid stims given your anxiety condition. My wife, who suffers from anxiety, had a similar experience from AMP after having half a scoop of pre with 180mg of AMP in it.

ABtheGOAT

Awards
You should probably avoid stims given your anxiety condition. My wife, who suffers from anxiety, had a similar experience from AMP after having half a scoop of pre with 180mg of AMP in it.
Did your wife still experience side effects a few days after taking her last dose of AMP or was it only while she was taking it?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing like you...and I use AMP a lot, it's the best out of DMAA/DMHA, zero sides and zero crash at least for me. I've gone upto 400mg of AMP with no issues. Sounds like you have a pre-existing condition and a stimulant triggered it i.e. anxiety....if you have a pre-existing anxiety condition, you really need to read labels as some of these stims will trigger it.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah it wound her up for a few days afterwards.