Myprotein Ice Cream Mix

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried this, if so how is it? I’m not huge on drinking protein powder anymore and I’ve been struggling to get enough without it, but I love ice cream so when I saw this I got a little excited. I just can’t find much on its quality. I like their regular protein powder good enough as far as flavor and consistency.

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure about this one, but i love myprotein products, there quality is second to non, give it a try, I will. Just placed a big order and i wish i knew about this...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not personally tried it but I have heard positives on it so it's probably worth a shot.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Has anyone tried this, if so how is it? I’m not huge on drinking protein powder anymore and I’ve been struggling to get enough without it, but I love ice cream so when I saw this I got a little excited. I just can’t find much on its quality. I like their regular protein powder good enough as far as flavor and consistency.
haven't tried this but I eat 99% of my powder as ice cream... every night recipe:
1c fat free greek yogurt
2c almond/cashew milk
2sc protein powder of choice

Whisk, throw it in the freezer and every 30min or so stir/mix it to get the freeze consistent and not just totally frozen. If you have an immersion blender (or really you could use a reg blender, you can let it freeze more and just mix the hard parts with the liquid parts.

Either that or buy an ice cream maker for like $50 and just throw the mix in there and let it churn for 20min or so

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the recipe!!! Going to try this:))

haven't tried this but I eat 99% of my powder as ice cream... every night recipe:
1c fat free greek yogurt
2c almond/cashew milk

Whisk, throw it in the freezer and every 30min or so stir/mix it to get the freeze consistent and not just totally frozen. If you have an immersion blender (or really you could use a reg blender, you can let it freeze more and just mix the hard parts with the liquid parts.

Either that or buy an ice cream maker for like $50 and just throw the mix in there and let it churn for 20min or so

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1c fat free greek yogurt
2c almond/cashew milk

I’ve tried with just Greek yogurt and powder but could never get it very good. I’ll have to try adding the milk in.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’ve tried with just Greek yogurt and powder but could never get it very good. I’ll have to try adding the milk in.
the milk (the higher the fat content of the milk and yogurt, the creamier it will be) makes a world of diff vs just water. I find that low cal cashew or almond I can get away without getting too icy and still reasonably creamy (think halo top vs like a "real" ice cream creaminess). If you've got cals to spend tho, go for higher fat milk, yogurt, or even sub in some cream