Sort of newb here - looking for opinions

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! I believe this is my first post on this forum, so just wanted to say i'm glad to be here because there's LOADS of knowledge. I'm actually having a hard time as to where to start.

With that being said, a little about me - i'll be 25 years old by the end of the year. I weigh about 187lbs, 6'1"ish, and I've been told i'm around 15-17% body fat (pics attached.. one relaxed, one slight flex to show i have baby abdominal definition even in terrible light). I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to proper nutrition, workout, and supplementation. I've been legitimately training about a year now after wasting several years at some stupid purple and yellow "gym" making literally zero progress (myself and gym to blame).

Anyways, once I cut down some more (i'm thinking 12-13% BF? Unless anyone suggests otherwise), i'll be looking to finally start adding true mass. I've found a new love for squats and deadlifts, so i'd love to get my numbers up there and be overall larger. Besides my planned regimen of a caloric surplus and creatine, what else can I add to my "stack" in order to start seeing more strength and mass? Would a glucose disposal agent be of use? HiTech's IGF-1 supplement looks promising pending more lab tests. I'm not looking for a miracle supplement, just anything that will help keep fat down and muscle up.

If no such supplement exists, i'll just stick with food. I appreciate any help/opinions.

delete1.jpg

delete2.jpg

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
It's always great to have a new face on the forum. You'll be picking up a lot of knowledge. Are you following a diet/workout routine right now? If not I would consider looking into stronglifts 5x5 it helped me. Are you looking into the kinda grey area of supplements

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
1-Andro is your best bet. Use the LG or the Hi-Tech version and Noveadex XT for PCT. Here's the cycle I would take:

Hi-Tech 1-Testosterone - 2 pills per day
LG Sciences 1-Andro - 2 pills per day

Run that up to 8 weeks and then for PCT you run:

Novedex XT - 2 tablets per day
Rise and Swell - 1 Scoop upon rising!

For someone with your body style and age and willingness to get big

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Are you looking to go "natty" or dip into PHs and SARMs? If you do anything suppressive, make sure you also have your PCT planned.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out alphamax xt. Natural supplement that will aid you best to what you are asking and. Ot require any PCT. Tons of info on dosage in the forums just search. 2 bottles will run you 8 weeks (i believe it's what is recommended)

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Everyone will have to forgive me. I can't multi-quote on my iPad whether I'm in the AM app, Safari, or Chrome. Not sure what's up with that.

Laxarcher, I definitely appreciate the hospitality! I actually gained most of my strength while doing Fierce 5 and then I messed up my triceps tendon in both arms, mostly left, while benching by accident. In about 8 months, my squat is up to a 295 1RM, deadlift is around 370 for double.. Bench has always been weak though..maybe 175ish 1RM? Sucks. I will definitely look into stronglifts for when I'm recovered. Currently studying all areas of supplements at the moment. All I can say is - no injectables. No way no how, personally speaking.

Eric, tomorrow I'm going to start researching your suggestions. I really appreciate the concise answer. I do have a question out of curiosity - what kind of body style would you say I have exactly? Are you just generally speaking of my shape (weight/height)? I appreciate your help!

Marty, I'm planning to stay as natty as possible. As I said above in this reply, definitely only planning, at the max, "grey area" orals. I will be researching this all heavier now that I have suggestions to go off of.

Mowglisml, I appreciate the full natty suggestion. I'll be looking into Alphamax XT tomorrow as well.

Thank you again, everyone! The quick responses are awesome. :)

One quick question too - being that I'll have some downtime from heavy lifting, I've decided to stop the slow bulk I was doing before my minor injury. Would you guys suggest I cut some body fat down before trying to increase muscle mass?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Since you want to stay natural. what you need to focus on right now is building size. Here is why
- If you cut down you will basically turn into a skeleton and your midsection will look worse (it will have that skinny fat look from lack of muscle mass)
- Stick to your fierce 5, 5/3/1 or basic upper/lower program (lyles generic bulking program) and continue to focus on progressive overload and beating the log book.
- Continue to eat in a slight surplus 200-300 kcals
- Stick to the basics (Fishoil, multi, creatine, whey) IF you are looking for additional things this is what i would suggest
---> Evomuse Gut Health (Probiotic)
---> Now 5000 IU D3 (vitamin D3)
---> Ergogenic aid for performance endurnace (Ergonine / Finish line)

Let your diet and training do the work for you. Build your frame and then you can cut down. If you cut down without much muscle mass you won't have anything to show off and it may lead to a bigger skinny fat look. Build your base, train hard, and continue to slowly increase the cals as you stall. Slow and steady wins the race.

First establish your caloric intake, download a caloric tracker (my fitness pal) and track your kcals. Input what you think you eat on a normal day and post a screen shot or the macros/calories. Try to breakthem down like this.
aim for 1g/lb of protein (~190g-200g)
at least 20% fats and the rest carbs.
Keep cardio to a minimum (so you can always add it when you diet)

Once we see what you are eating on a daily basis then you could add 200-300 kcals and go from there

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

No supplement is going to help you unless you first get your diet in control and set yourself up for a proper caloric surplus. Remember supplements "Supplement" your diet and training"

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Listen to TheSolution, everything he said is on point!
Don't touch any PH if you want to stay natty! Concentrate on lifting heavy with high intensity, eat eat eat and get plenty of protein, I always go 1.5g/lb but that's just me! You'll get loads bigger with just diet and will bro

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you are tee'd up to do prohormones. I live on them and I feel amazing. At 46, I look better than guys half my age. My skin is smooth and elastic. Don't be afraid to ride the lighting. lol

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Everyone will have to forgive me. I can't multi-quote on my iPad whether I'm in the AM app, Safari, or Chrome. Not sure what's up with that.

Laxarcher, I definitely appreciate the hospitality! I actually gained most of my strength while doing Fierce 5 and then I messed up my triceps tendon in both arms, mostly left, while benching by accident. In about 8 months, my squat is up to a 295 1RM, deadlift is around 370 for double.. Bench has always been weak though..maybe 175ish 1RM? Sucks. I will definitely look into stronglifts for when I'm recovered. Currently studying all areas of supplements at the moment. All I can say is - no injectables. No way no how, personally speaking.

Eric, tomorrow I'm going to start researching your suggestions. I really appreciate the concise answer. I do have a question out of curiosity - what kind of body style would you say I have exactly? Are you just generally speaking of my shape (weight/height)? I appreciate your help!

Marty, I'm planning to stay as natty as possible. As I said above in this reply, definitely only planning, at the max, "grey area" orals. I will be researching this all heavier now that I have suggestions to go off of.

Mowglisml, I appreciate the full natty suggestion. I'll be looking into Alphamax XT tomorrow as well.

Thank you again, everyone! The quick responses are awesome. :)

One quick question too - being that I'll have some downtime from heavy lifting, I've decided to stop the slow bulk I was doing before my minor injury. Would you guys suggest I cut some body fat down before trying to increase muscle mass?
Based on your relatively lean status and shape that you have the perfect model for 1-Andro.

Remember that ALL of these test boosters and other agents are ONLY theories. 1-Andro does have a nice study behind it.

Even Novedex XT, which boosted testosterone levels to 1200 ng/dl FAILED to yield even a single pound of muscle mass. (6-OXO the same thing).

For the price, I think our prohormones can't be beaten. I love MONSTERPLEXX. Amazing stuff!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out alphamax xt. Natural supplement that will aid you best to what you are asking and. Ot require any PCT. Tons of info on dosage in the forums just search. 2 bottles will run you 8 weeks (i believe it's what is recommended)
Agreed with this. Alphamax xt is a great natty t booster. Take the advice that the solution posted and run with it as well.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Solution,

Good to see you here! I've been a member at BB for a long time, and always loved your recipes and yummy looking food :D.. Your suggestions are definitely great. Oddly enough, I left out my diet entirely. Before my little triceps injury, I was doing a 200 calorie surplus diet, eating anywhere from 1-1.25g protein, .5g/lb fat, and the rest carbs to fill the cals. While I was doing Fierce 5 and making gains, I was eating in a 300 or so deficit (my thought was to rid myself of fat), so likely only hitting newb gains, even though that's totally not how a progressive overload program should work. By the time I finally decided I need to build some mass, just about 3-4 months later (current), I injured my triceps tendon. Since the times are slow, that's how I found myself here trying to gain some knowledge. The links you posted are a wealth of information and I do appreciate that.

My question is - being that I can't do really any upper body exercises due to my triceps tendon injury, should I continue in a small deficit for the time being until I can go back to heavy weights?

Eric,

I definitely appreciate your thoughts. I'm thinking I may stay away from PH's for now to see where my diet/training takes me when I can go back to lifting heavier. I will not forget your suggestions though. Thank you for your input! I may come back to you with more questions via PM.

LeanEngineer,

Thank you for your thoughts on Alpha Max XT. Would you suggest just using it as per directions?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Solution,

Good to see you here! I've been a member at BB for a long time, and always loved your recipes and yummy looking food :D.. Your suggestions are definitely great. Oddly enough, I left out my diet entirely. Before my little triceps injury, I was doing a 200 calorie surplus diet, eating anywhere from 1-1.25g protein, .5g/lb fat, and the rest carbs to fill the cals. While I was doing Fierce 5 and making gains, I was eating in a 300 or so deficit (my thought was to rid myself of fat), so likely only hitting newb gains, even though that's totally not how a progressive overload program should work. By the time I finally decided I need to build some mass, just about 3-4 months later (current), I injured my triceps tendon. Since the times are slow, that's how I found myself here trying to gain some knowledge. The links you posted are a wealth of information and I do appreciate that.

Go back to that program (since you had great results) and aim for a 200-300 kcal surplus. That is where you should start. then see what the scale says every week and take a look at the mirror, then adjust your calories.

My question is - being that I can't do really any upper body exercises due to my triceps tendon injury, should I continue in a small deficit for the time being until I can go back to heavy weights?

I would not.. Just eat right around maintaince until its better then add more kcals once its ready to go. Don't look into any other supps or whatnot because the diet and training is the KEY point here.. Jumping on X, Y , and Z and everything under the sun won't be a temporary fix while you are injured.

BOLD

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if this was almost taken the wrong way. I'm not trying to jump into any new supplements while injured, just trying to get a plan together for when I'm good to go again. I'll stay around maintenance in the meantime before I get any more skinny fat lol. Again, I appreciate your input, Solution!

On edit, I managed to miss your first bolded paragraph. I will likely go back to Fierce 5 because it did work really well initially. I imagine it'll be great while running the program in a small surplus rather than a small deficit too.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry if this was almost taken the wrong way. I'm not trying to jump into any new supplements while injured, just trying to get a plan together for when I'm good to go again. I'll stay around maintenance in the meantime before I get any more skinny fat lol. Again, I appreciate your input, Solution!

On edit, I managed to miss your first bolded paragraph. I will likely go back to Fierce 5 because it did work really well initially. I imagine it'll be great while running the program in a small surplus rather than a small deficit too.
We are both on the same page now brother. Get healthy then into a small surplus with fierece 5. Until then eat around maintainance. I would personally train legs 3x a week during the tricep rehab.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since you want to stay natural. what you need to focus on right now is building size. Here is why
- If you cut down you will basically turn into a skeleton and your midsection will look worse (it will have that skinny fat look from lack of muscle mass)
- Stick to your fierce 5, 5/3/1 or basic upper/lower program (lyles generic bulking program) and continue to focus on progressive overload and beating the log book.
- Continue to eat in a slight surplus 200-300 kcals
- Stick to the basics (Fishoil, multi, creatine, whey) IF you are looking for additional things this is what i would suggest
---> Evomuse Gut Health (Probiotic)
---> Now 5000 IU D3 (vitamin D3)
---> Ergogenic aid for performance endurnace (Ergonine / Finish line)

Let your diet and training do the work for you. Build your frame and then you can cut down. If you cut down without much muscle mass you won't have anything to show off and it may lead to a bigger skinny fat look. Build your base, train hard, and continue to slowly increase the cals as you stall. Slow and steady wins the race.

First establish your caloric intake, download a caloric tracker (my fitness pal) and track your kcals. Input what you think you eat on a normal day and post a screen shot or the macros/calories. Try to breakthem down like this.
aim for 1g/lb of protein (~190g-200g)
at least 20% fats and the rest carbs.
Keep cardio to a minimum (so you can always add it when you diet)

Once we see what you are eating on a daily basis then you could add 200-300 kcals and go from there

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

No supplement is going to help you unless you first get your diet in control and set yourself up for a proper caloric surplus. Remember supplements "Supplement" your diet and training"
This is basically exactly what I would be posting. Spot on as always, solution.

Supplements can help, but won't do much of your diet and training aren't in line with your goals. It's perfectly fine to get some staple supplements (if you need suggestions, let us know) but for now, follow what solution has told you.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Solution,

Eric,

I definitely appreciate your thoughts. I'm thinking I may stay away from PH's for now to see where my diet/training takes me when I can go back to lifting heavier. I will not forget your suggestions though. Thank you for your input! I may come back to you with more questions via PM.

LeanEngineer,

Thank you for your thoughts on Alpha Max XT. Would you suggest just using it as per directions?
I will be here for you when you are ready to come over to the light side! I happen to love prohormones. My life changed in 2004 when I met Androsol and Biotest. It gave me the hope I needed to get through some dark times.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solution,

Eric,

LeanEngineer,

If you decide on using AlphaMax xt, just follow the instructions on the label. Nutriverse has 20% off when added to the cart plus an additional 5% off when you use promo code AM5.
https://www.nutri-verse.com/alphamax-xt-by-performax-labs/

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solution,

Eric,

LeanEngineer,

Good idea about staying away from prohormones. You have not reached your natural potential yet and they are not needed. The Solution provided you with a lot of great information there. Everything you want to accomplish can be done with proper diet, training, and rest. Supplements just help with the rest. Your original post is telling that you need to work on those three aspects first, and then, adding supplement, besides the staples, would be ideal.

Right now, I would stick with a good multi vitamin, fish oil, digestive enzyme, and protein powder. Also, I would add PowerMax XT. Not only is it a creatine product, but it is an ergogenic aid that can aid in recovery, performance, and body composition. It can be used intra as well and the formula is perfect for MPS for intra workout.

Once you have been consistently training and following a structured diet, I would look into some of the options here. AlphaMax XT is great for a cut or recomp. It can be used for bulking, but there are other products that are more geared towards bulking. One of those products would be MassMax XT. It will elevate MPS, increase hunger, and promote great strength gains. Users report an increase in scale weight, but a better overall body composition.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
No idea why this board is so afraid of Prohormones for Noob's. Prohormones are amazing at raising your natural hormone levels and getting fast results. Why wait and blow money on "Test Boosters" that have been shown in study after study to not help you gain mass with a good diet and exercise program?

Congress exempted DHEA for a reason and let's enjoy it's benefits.

I don't know about you but I am intense. I jump in both feet and go for it. I am not reckless but I am not shy about going after what I want.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No idea why this board is so afraid of Prohormones for Noob's. Prohormones are amazing at raising your natural hormone levels and getting fast results. Why wait and blow money on "Test Boosters" that have been shown in study after study to not help you gain mass with a good diet and exercise program?

I don't know about you but I am intense. I jump in both feet and go for it. I am not reckless but I am not shy about going after what I want.
Supplements are not the answer for making results. Your diet and training are. This is why they are called "SUPPLEMENTS" to supplement your diet and training.
Look at how many people on social media or in real life at your gym are taking X , Y, and Z Supplements but never seeing results. You want to know why? Their diet and training are not up to par.
Anyone can take a bunch of supplements and still get mediocre results because they lack the fundamentals of progression which is beating the log book and eating to support their goal.

Can they help? Absolutely, but they are not the long term solution for progress and reaching ones goals.
Not everyone wants to jump to the "dark side" , just because you want to and does not mean the next trainee next to you desires to.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, you mentioned you want to be as natty as possible. Check out arachidonic acid. Serious Nutrition Solutions makes XGELS, which is a forum recommended product. Also, a test booster such as CEL M TEST contains ingredients that will assist You. Lastly, don’t forget about creatine. SNS makes the mono and the HCL version.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

See my post in the thread you started on the subject. Saying that prohormones "rais[e] your natural hormone levels" is more than a little misleading. Does exogenous testosterone increase your "natural" levels? However you word it, after you stop using the PH, your test levels will be suppressed if not shut down. Yes, prohomones work better than natural supplements, but with greater reward comes greater risk.

Also, like I mentioned before, is Congress' decision on the legality of a supplement really the be-all-end-all regarding safety? Ephedrine was banned, does that mean it is unsafe? Agmatine is banned in the EU, does that mean it's unsafe and/or less safe than any prohormone that's legal there

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

In addition to what muscleup and the solution said, I will add this. I am not against suggesting them, but come on man. Look at the OP, no offense OP, he does NOT need to use anything hormonal yet. He can do so much by dialing in his nutrition, training, and rest.

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
Im right with you as far as height/weight. A little older, but ive had pretty good luck with follidrone 2. Also like running laxogenin.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to get your training, nutrition, down right now

no need for any hormone products. Lots of guys have juice muscle that never learned how to train and build a foundation and train like wimps that when they go off that deflate bc theyve never learned how to diet and train with intensity

A quality whey protein of course like Millennium sports New Zealand whey protein, Gaspari is a good one as well as I force, Cannibal Kraken, so many great whey proteins. Creatine, a good multi

don't worry about fancy stuff right now just get the basics down. You have a passion for getting stronger on the dead, squat, etc will go a long way.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See my post in the thread you started on the subject. Saying that prohormones "rais[e] your natural hormone levels" is more than a little misleading. Does exogenous testosterone increase your "natural" levels? However you word it, after you stop using the PH, your test levels will be suppressed if not shut down. Yes, prohomones work better than natural supplements, but with greater reward comes greater risk.

Also, like I mentioned before, is Congress' decision on the legality of a supplement really the be-all-end-all regarding safety? Ephedrine was banned, does that mean it is unsafe? Agmatine is banned in the EU, does that mean it's unsafe and/or less safe than any prohormone that's legal there
Man , what's wrong with you . Look at our congress members , they are all huge and ripped , clearly they are all using phs . And they really care about us getting our swolle on . You should trust them , you are missing on some serious gainz . Lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PH/steroids have a time and place for some people but def NOT for beginners or someone who has no knowledge on how they work in the body. We have even really touched on how to run them the correct way.

OP, please take the advice that we have given you and go natural and nail your diet and training. We are here to help, want you to succeed, and are here to give you staple supplement advice if you need it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PH/steroids have a time and place for some people but def NOT for beginners or someone who has no knowledge on how they work in the body. We have even really touched on how to run them the correct way.

OP, please take the advice that we have given you and go natural and nail your diet and training. We are here to help, want you to succeed, and are here to give you staple supplement advice if you need it.
Honestly, I can't even believe that we have to have this conversation (it's not OP's fault at all though).

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Sorry for disappearing. I have been poking by, taking in all the comments, and really appreciate all of your input.

I'm thinking, at this point, while I'm unable to do any upper body lifts, I'm going to zero in on my diet (determining my exact maintenance cals), and simply get back on a progressive overload type of program like Fierce 5, Stronglifts or other in a small surplus to see how the gains come on.

In the meantime, you can find me at the leg machines 3-4 times a week for the next 6 weeks :( lol

Again, thank you all for your help! I haven't taken any advice lightly, nor have I disregarded any of it. Simply going to stick to the basics for now and see there that gets me.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Sorry for disappearing. I have been poking by, taking in all the comments, and really appreciate all of your input.

I'm thinking, at this point, while I'm unable to do any upper body lifts, I'm going to zero in on my diet (determining my exact maintenance cals), and simply get back on a progressive overload type of program like Fierce 5, Stronglifts or other in a small surplus to see how the gains come on.

In the meantime, you can find me at the leg machines 3-4 times a week for the next 6 weeks :( lol

Again, thank you all for your help! I haven't taken any advice lightly, nor have I disregarded any of it. Simply going to stick to the basics for now and see there that gets me.
Don't be a stranger. You don't have to disappear off back into the night, Batman. You can hang around or even make a log for motivation! ;D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

why no upper body training? injured?

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Don't be a stranger. You don't have to disappear off back into the night, Batman. You can hang around or even make a log for motivation! ;D
That is true. I should do a log for my own motivation at the very least. Good suggestion. :)

why no upper body training? injured?
Unfortunately I'm suffering from, what I believe is, a minor right (possibly left too..) triceps tendon issue. The doc prescribed some methylprednisolone last Tuesday and no training for 7-8 weeks. It hurts to even hold a gallon of milk in a bicep curl position. Pain is just above the elbow, and, per my doctor, is likely not tennis/golfer's elbow. It's right in the triceps tendon region so i'm guessing that is the issue for sure. Sucks....bad.

In the meantime I've been working my legs to keep them in shape as much as possible, and also any other exercise I can whip up that doesn't involve me lifting anything with my arms.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is true. I should do a log for my own motivation at the very least. Good suggestion. :)

Unfortunately I'm suffering from, what I believe is, a minor right (possibly left too..) triceps tendon issue. The doc prescribed some methylprednisolone last Tuesday and no training for 7-8 weeks. It hurts to even hold a gallon of milk in a bicep curl position. Pain is just above the elbow, and, per my doctor, is likely not tennis/golfer's elbow. It's right in the triceps tendon region so i'm guessing that is the issue for sure. Sucks....bad.

In the meantime I've been working my legs to keep them in shape as much as possible, and also any other exercise I can whip up that doesn't involve me lifting anything with my arms.
Best thing you can do is do fricton massage on that tendon and try and remove scar tissue. You can do it yourself id you learn correctly. not too hard or itll delay healing, not to soft or wont break up scar tissue

you could try active release therapy if you can find a good art chiropractor. Its helped me with my major injury years ago Obviously if it hurts dont do it, do what you can, if pec dec, or shoulder lateral machine doesnt hurt by all means

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Best thing you can do is do fricton massage on that tendon and try and remove scar tissue. You can do it yourself id you learn correctly. not too hard or itll delay healing, not to soft or wont break up scar tissue

you could try active release therapy if you can find a good art chiropractor. Its helped me with my major injury years ago Obviously if it hurts dont do it, do what you can, if pec dec, or shoulder lateral machine doesnt hurt by all means
Thank you for the tips/info! Definitely appreciate it because it really sucks being ripped away from my favorite lifts at the moment. I'll investigate friction massaging.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man it’s ok if you can’t do everything. Take this time to build your lower body and nail diet. By the time you are healed up, you will be ready to go!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it is only one tri truly injured I would still do unilateral moves on the other side.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Hey man it’s ok if you can’t do everything. Take this time to build your lower body and nail diet. By the time you are healed up, you will be ready to go!
My thoughts exactly! Thanks for the encouragement. These days I can definitely use some.
If it is only one tri truly injured I would still do unilateral moves on the other side.
That's the thing - I'm positive my right tri has an issue, but not 100% certain of my left. I may try some unilateral moves though as my left arm could use some catching up with my right. Being a bowler for about 13 years (about age 3-16) built my right arm up way more than my left, and my left leg more than my right lol. Talk about imbalance... -_-