bb333

Awards
  • Established
What's the difference?
Feedback for Karbolyn?

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Personally I respond better to Karbolyn, doesn't weigh as heavy in my stomach even with 100g of it in my system intra workout. I do feel that Glycofuse is a great supplement given its electrolyte matrix as well as HBCD however. The main difference is the carb sourcing, Glycofuse contains highly branched cyclic dextrin whereas Karbolyn contains carbs derived from potato (homopolysaccharides)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are both great. I personally prefer karbolyn when I am bulking and Glycofuse (or any other HBCD) when I am cutting.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
For me, Vitargo is 10, Karbolyn is 8 and Glycofuse is 6. The first 2 increase capacity for more work while HBCD attenuates the decrease at best. With all the sales Karbolyn is the cheapest too.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I much prefer Karbolyn as it's way easier to mix and doesn't turn me into a fart fest like Glycofuse/HBCD does.

The difference is really noticeable with 100gr or more. Also I strongly recommend the unflavored version on both

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Glycofuse hands down

It just plains works better for me

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've used glycofuse multiple times and really like it. I'd recommend giving it a try if you haven't before.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's your use case? What carb is ideal depends on the circumstance you're using it in, and spending extra for HBCD may or may not be worth it depending on the level of exertion and duration of exercise.

The overly vague specification of Karbolyn has never really appealed much to me, homopolysaccharides are a pretty broad category, and could range anywhere from significantly more useful than plain maltodextrin to barely more useful depending on manufacturing process.

But nitpicking aside, the ingredient does mix well and anecdotally lives up to what you'd expect from a pretty high osmolarity carb, not as high as HBCD mind you, which is where you get into intensity/duration of exercise possibly justifying the more expensive HBCD.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They're two different things. Like, on a molecular level. To simplify things...

Glycofuse is cyclic dextrin. Molecules have a Cone shape and are designed to "trap" whatever you mix it with to help delivery on top of not spiking insulin but having a high rate of getting into you system.

Karbokyn is a mix of potato and rice saccharaides. Molecules are flat like most others and cause an insulin spike but is easier to digest bc i believe is predigested.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're two different things. Like, on a molecular level. To simplify things...

Glycofuse is cyclic dextrin. Molecules have a Cone shape and are designed to "trap" whatever you mix it with to help delivery on top of not spiking insulin but having a high rate of getting into you system.

Karbokyn is a mix of potato and rice saccharaides. Molecules are flat like most others and cause an insulin spike but is easier to digest bc i believe is predigested.
Karbolyn is actually the opposite. A homopolysaccharide is generally a monosacccharide that is fermented into a quasi-complex carb, where that polysaccharide is homogenously composed of the same monosaccharide.

i.e. Glucan is a fermented polysaccharide of Glucose.

Now, the osmolarity benefit of that is obvious but therein you can see the debatable nature of how useful the ingredient would be since you have a lot of leeway to have different simple sugars make up your blend of homopolysaccharides from rice, potato, and corn.

Karbolyn is more of an 'Un'-digested simple carb that is turned into a quasi-complex carb, than a pre-digested simple carb.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never used karbolyn

but glycofuse is the first carb product I used intraworkout that didn't feel like I was consuming carbs, it was clean of any bloat

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hs anyone tried carb10?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb-10 is mung bean starch IIRC, which is an extremely low glycemic load carb.

I'm not sure on its osmolarity for high intensity/long duration exercise though

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Glycofuse is the top! I've been trying it for 2 months, excellent digestibility, extreme recovery.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The price of karboyln can NEVER be justified imo.. I have been using glycofuse for months now with freakin awesome results and it tastes amazing.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In Europe, Karbolyn is far cheaper than HBCD, if no special offers. I feel the effects are pretty close. Never used Glycofuse, too expensive in comparison to bulk suppliers.

I had a pretty good deal on HBCD, 5kg for 50€, so I am using this at the moment. Karbolyn costs more or less the same per kg

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use both extensively. I prefer hbcd. My pocket prefers karbolyn. Sometimes I mix both or use one intra workout, one preworkout.

Thebigc4

Awards
Glycofuse mixes slightly better imo but they both taste good and I didn't notice much difference in effects/how it sits in stomach. So in my case, I drink Karbolyn way more often due to it being significantly cheaper here. However if they were the same price I would probably switch.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like both but usually went with Karbolyn since it is easy to find deals on it.