Lean gains from Bulbine Natalensis or any other supplements?

ectomorphman

Awards
Stats
Height 5'11
Weight 150 lbs
Body Fat 15%
Age 40

I am the definition of bony skinny.
I self train lightly (mostly with dumbells) and plan to increase as my strength goes up.
I don't have a big appetite so I can't eat eat eat like most recommend.
I tried gainers before that caused me to bloat up and lose all of it as soon as I stop.

I'm hoping for a supplement to help boost my strength, build keepable muscle.
Anyone know if Bulbine Natalensis has been solid for anyone?

I'm also looking for a jumpstart but thats another topic.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Stats
Height 5'11
Weight 150 lbs
Body Fat 15%
Age 40

I self train lightly (mostly with dumbells) and plan to increase as my strength goes up.
I tried gainers before that caused me to bloat up and lose all of it as soon as I stop.

If u can't eat then that's it. Do something else.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
test boosters don't usually contribute to gains, because they do not boost test to superpschological levels.

You need to look into natural anabolics....

CEL EpiPlex + SNS X-Gels would be a great stack, if your diet is dialed in correctly.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like the others have said looking into natty supps instead would be the better option. ABE and xgels is one of my favorite stacks.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
If you can't eat very much that's the main thing so Looking into a product like MassMax XT or OL Origin is your best bet because of the appetite boosting properties.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stats
Height 5'11
Weight 150 lbs
Body Fat 15%
Age 40

You can't build muscle (matter) out of nothing, it takes surplus calories. If you can't eat to gain weight you will go nowhere, as you've already seen.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am going to go *slightly* against the grain here and suggest that you don't have to eat a house every day to get bigger; but as Rhadam said - you can't build anything without materials to build it with. You need to at least be eating in a surplus.

Most people have trouble losing weight and they think, "I don't eat much - but I'm still fat!" In contrast, most people who can't gain weight usually say, "I eat so much but I never gain anything!" In both situations, the people often don't have a clue what they are actually eating.

Diet and exercise is what brings gains. Training with light weights and not eating and getting enough protein is a surefire recipe for failure.

If you don't think you can eat much, try eating 4-6 meals a day, but keep them smaller. At 150 pounds your metabolism isn't THAT high. I bet if you could eat 2500-3000 calories a day you may see results. But you won't know unless you make a plan, execute the plan and log the plan.

To put this in perspective, 5 meals a day with 600 calories per meal isn't all that hard - milk, protein powder, fruit, peanut butter, etc - the choices are limitless and 600 calories isn't all that much. Hell 2 TBSP of peanut butter is half that.

Shoot for 3000 calories and about 30-40% protein - layout a meal plan that hits that. Follow that plan to a T for a 2 weeks, and then come back and tell me that you don't weigh 151-152 at least.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Force feed a little at a time, and your body/appetite will eventually adjust to the new demand. Calorie dense foods are your best friend here too.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
To add to what others have already posted, make sure you eat a nutritionally dense diet to provide your body what it needs for proper repair, recovery, and growth. Try to get most of your calories from whole food that are unprocessed or minimally processed. Steak, chicken, pork, fish, whole eggs, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, rice, fresh vegetable/fruits, and plenty of saturated and monounsaturated fats.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think a supplement like Anabeta elite to increase your appetite paired with X Gels would be a great combo. Specifically look into the Anabeta Elite as I noticed a big increase in hunger. Sounds like you've still got some newbie gains to take advantage of once you get your diet in order.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others have stated, dial in your diet. Supplements are just that..to supplement an already dialed in diet based on your specific goals. OP, SNS XGELS is the tried and true supplement that would aid strength and lean muscle gains. It is completely natty and would be something to look into.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Make sure you get your diet and training in check. No matter what supplements you use, without diet, training, and rest in check, a supplement won't help you with your goals. If your appetite is not high, try and eat more calorie dense foods. Eating foods that have a higher amount of calories will help more than eating foods which do not. You may want to focus on a higher fat diet since fats are not all that filling and have nine calories per gram. For carb sources, pasta is good since it has a decent amount of carbs and calories per serving. Find foods that are not filling for you as well.

As far as supplements and your goals. MassMax XT would work great. Not only does it help with increasing lean body mass, but users also report quite a large bump with an increase in hunger. That might help you eat more.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like bulbine but probably not for straight up bulking....I usually get a leaning effect from bulbine and a slight fullness

like others have said it's about calorie surplus....natty PB works wonders

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have a difficult time consuming calories, you should try to drink them. When I first started lifting back when I was 17, I was 6' and weighed 158lbs. I'd try and try but could not eat enough to gain, so I started drinking my calories. I could easily get in 2500 a day extra on top of food. As my weight went up, my strength went up and my lifts went up, which then caused my hunger to go up.

You have to kick start it somewhere and you won't get anywhere without the calories.

As far as a supplement, nothing in all my years has caused a larger increase in hunger than Anabeta. I would wake up at 3am ravenous with my stomach growling and be sitting in the kitchen with a loaf of bread and all the cold cuts out. My wife thought I was insane.

ectomorphman

Awards
If you have a difficult time consuming calories, you should try to drink them. When I first started lifting back when I was 17, I was 6' and weighed 158lbs. I'd try and try but could not eat enough to gain, so I started drinking my calories. I could easily get in 2500 a day extra on top of food. As my weight went up, my strength went up and my lifts went up, which then caused my hunger to go up.

You have to kick start it somewhere and you won't get anywhere without the calories.

As far as a supplement, nothing in all my years has caused a larger increase in hunger than Anabeta. I would wake up at 3am ravenous with my stomach growling and be sitting in the kitchen with a loaf of bread and all the cold cuts out. My wife thought I was insane.
Kisaj, what did you drink to up your calories?

Thanks everyone else. I have tried appetite pills like Periactin and they make me hungrier but I can't eat as much as most people. Plus they give me headaches and make me sleepy.

But I am looking at my diet to see how I can do 3000-4000 calories per day. I tried to thicken my protein shake with oats and peanut butter but I can't finish it which defeats the purpose.
Currently I'm doing around 900-1200.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two recipes I like:
2 cups whole milk
1 cup greek yogurt
2 scoops protein
various fruits
OJ
Thats an easy 1000 cal that can be slammed with no trouble. It's light and fruity- lol.

My heftier post workout shake is:
2 cups whole milk
2 cups greek yogurt
2-3 heaping tbsp peanut butter
scoop protein
banana
chocolate syrup

That's around 1300 cal and great for post workout to get your quick carbs, protein, and potassium in. Two really easy shakes that can add 2000-2500 cal on top of your meals.

I do IF and generally only make one of these and get all my calories in on 2 additional meals, around 1200-1500 each for a total of 3500 day. But as a hardgainer, I'd recommend getting in the calories wherever possible. Don't worry about any clean eating.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First time I used bulbine, it was great. More strength in the gym and crazy boners. Good times

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do IF, and I carb backload. While bulking, my backload meal is a bit dirtier than when I'm recomping/cutting. One of the staples for my backload is Oreos and milk.

16oz Whole Milk - 300 cals
12 Oreos - 680 cals

This is an easy 1000 cals, and a breeze to get down, no problem.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulbine is more of a libido booster than muscle builder IMO too. Just eat as everyone else said.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tennis, golf................ping pong. Your 40 years old, either slowly increase your food intake and stick to it or this is not going to happen.

ectomorphman

Awards
I checked my calorie intake made some adjustments as best I can fit in.
Between meals, a protein shake and a protein bar I'm now doing +/- 2000 - 2500 cals and 100g of protein.
I added a test booster supplement that has bulbine in it. I'll update you guys weekly for the next 6 weeks on my progress.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would look into high potency digestive enzymes as well should help with the processing of the food. Go slow, extra tsp PB per day add one per week.