Adrenal health

myuniverse1

Awards
Anyone ever use any products like Jarrow's Adrenal Optimizer (or it's ingredients) to help reduce the lethargic effects from long term caffeine/stimulant consumption? Thanks.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Anyone ever use any products like Jarrow's Adrenal Optimizer (or it's ingredients) to help reduce the lethargic effects from long term caffeine/stimulant consumption? Thanks.
Just looked at it actually looks like a solid product.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything claiming to help/repair adrenal glands is snake oil. Want to help yourself out? Take time off. Supplements do basically nothing in this area.

Unless science has radically changed in the last couple years that i'm not aware of.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything claiming to help/repair adrenal glands is snake oil. Want to help yourself out? Take time off. Supplements do basically nothing in this area.

Unless science has radically changed in the last couple years that i'm not aware of.
Certain supplements, like adaptogens, can greatly help you feel better when taking time off stimulants or reading stimulant intake, but then there's some people who think they can just take these supplements while keeping their stimulant intake high and their tolerance will magically go down somehow. Like you said, you still really want/need time away from stimulants. Adaptogens like rhodiola, ashwagandha, schisandra, ginseng, etc, can help you feel better during these times, which can greatly help you actually stick to the break and still feel halfway decent during it, but that's not really repairing the adrenals per se. Other things like ALCAR and other nootropics can also help give you some focus and energy without stimulants, but that's also not repairing adrenals, and the time off stimulants (or at least with reduced stimulant intake) is key IMO.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS sells ALCAR caps. Very cost effective and properly dosed.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take a look at revamp on Mr. Supps site. It will aid you, but not solve the problem. https://www.mrsupps.com/products/295/revamp/

What results can I expect from Revamp?

Reduces Tolerance to Caffeine and Other Stimulants
Cleanses the Adrenergic Receptors
Alleviates Dependence on Stimulants
Improves Stress Response
Helps to Restore Healthy Adrenal Function
Overall Improved Metabolic Function
More Restful Sleep

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take a look at revamp on Mr. Supps site. It will aid you, but not solve the problem. https://www.mrsupps.com/products/295/revamp/

What results can I expect from Revamp?

Reduces Tolerance to Caffeine and Other Stimulants
Cleanses the Adrenergic Receptors
Alleviates Dependence on Stimulants
Improves Stress Response
Helps to Restore Healthy Adrenal Function
Overall Improved Metabolic Function
More Restful Sleep

Can you link me to the studies showing reduced tolerance to stimulants please?

Also, is the schisandra an extract, and what, if anything, is it standardized for? Same for the licorice. Also, any info on the salidroside content of the rhodiola extract?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you link me to the studies showing reduced tolerance to stimulants please?

Also, is the schisandra an extract, and what, if anything, is it standardized for? Same for the licorice. Also, any info on the salidroside content of the rhodiola extract?
How can you measure "stim tolerance". Not sure that's quantifiable

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How can you measure "stim tolerance". Not sure that's quantifiable
That's sort of my point, responding to him saying "What results can I expect from Revamp?

Reduces Tolerance to Caffeine and Other Stimulants"

Adaptogens and stuff can help during a stimulant break (which will help reduce stimulant tolerance), but I have yet to see anything that suggests that they reduce stimulant tolerance per se.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's sort of my point, responding to him saying "What results can I expect from Revamp?

Reduces Tolerance to Caffeine and Other Stimulants"

Adaptogens and stuff can help during a stimulant break (which will help reduce stimulant tolerance), but I have yet to see anything that suggests that they reduce stimulant tolerance per se.
Oh for sure man... And I agree with your above post that there is no magic take this and you will see your sensitivity to stims restored.

I do think there are somethings that may aid but not solve the problem as was stated.

I have no idea how it works (I know it affects gaba) but when I take a product like somatomax which has phenibut I def feel stims hit me way harder the next day. Somehow it slightly increases sensitivity in my receptors. At least that's my bro experience ?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks, but you gotta take a stim break. Never seen anything that actually worked. Get a pre workout with no stims like stim free Focus XT.